• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did say mind hax, and I'm not changing that, but considering how Samus needs to hit, instead of it being a vector-less hax (like time stop or soul steal), there's still time for Mewtwo to do other things, like TK the beam away or TP away.

Who is genderless.

On top of the fact that it can be interpreted to both characters anyway.

Stop Dodoing

I'm pretty sure that if he is focusing on mind manipulating Samus, he won't have time to dodge or teleport. (And if he did, Samus could just use Phase Drift)

@Cal you do know that samus can slow down time in this state right? So Mewtwo won't have time to do other things since he's slowed down immensely

Assuming he does teleport then, Samus just uses Phase Drift to make sure he can't escape next time.

The real cal howard said:
It mitigates close to AZ, which is what Samus' ice is (was it actual AZ, or was it near AZ?)

Does Samus' mind resistance size up to Mewtwo's potency? Because that matters.
The difference between "near Absolute Zero" and "Absolute Zero" is enormous.

@Kepe you talking about Samus or Regice (It was already pointed out that Regice isn't actually close to absolute zero.)?

The difference is that absolute zero actually bypasses durability completely, near absolute zero doesn't (it's absolutely more than enough to shut down someone's body function tho).

Like, if this version of Samus froze a 3-A at 1 K (let's say that nigh-AZ means that) she wouldn't shatter the frozen body with a punch.

If it was AZ she would

I mean, the normal Ice Beam does neg durability to an extent (Just look at Samus vs Ridley in the manga) but yeah I get that.

I mean, I assume that the 4-B guy would die anyway unless it has a similar resistance. Cells do not survive well near AZ.

But she wouldn't be able to punch trough the 4-B frozen guy because the durability doesn't change.

Its basically a different kind of dura neg basically.

But not sure why this matters in the current thread?

@Kal She doesn't really need to punch the guy to shatter when she has numerous other weapons to shatter the opponent.

Samus for reasons above I guess

@SD

Idk, I was only explaining.

@Glass

That wasn't the point tho.

I do think this comes more to just Ice Beam. Her opponent has a lot of things up his sleeve, like BFR, power nullification, existence erasure, sleep manipulation, etc. While of course, I'm not rooting for anyone here, as it's one of Cal's first waifus vs Mewtwo, there's a lot of other things to be considered. Like, what if Mewtwo Disables the Ice Beam?

Well we would consider it if he starts with it, but I'm not sure how often he starts with any of those.

Given Samus' time slow, I'm doubtful that he would be able to do it in time.

I mean, that's also a vectorless attack. Granted, so is Phase Shift, but I doubt she's getting that off before getting disabled. Isn't she more likely to fire off another shot before Phase Shfting anyway?

Unless she is in Beam Burst, she is more likely to use Phase Drift or Electric Armor, however that said, Mewtwo would: Use Mind Manip > Teleport upon seeing blast > use Disable, whereas Samus would probably just use Ice Beam then Phase Drift or even the other way around, so it really depends on how lucky Mewtwo is.

Which is why its more likely Samus wins overall.

Given this is Samus, I'm having a hard time believing that her first, or even second move is Phase Shift instead of firing another shot. I don't really feel that's a matter of luck as much as simply counterattacking. And the luck factor can be used right back, if Mewtwo doesn't decide to TK Samus inside the armor, or BFR her, or soul rip, or something.

She tends to go with weaknesses or what would be more advantageous depending on the situation. So I'm not sure what you're talking about. Simple counterattacking that requires much more to do then what Samus has to do. Also didn't you mention he would use safeguard to counter Ice Beam above? If so then Mind Manip > Safeguard > Teleport > Disable.

99% he has not even tried starting with half of those in his current key (Actually what is his key?)

@SD. Composited.

All counterattacks require a thought. And I said it would mitigate it. Not that it would be his strategy.

Furthermore, wouldn't attacking twice be the most advantageous?

The match was supposed to be Ice Beam vs options. Because Mewtwo could still do things like Me First, reality warp, time travel, and others.

Once again, I'm not against Samus winning, I just don't want Mewtwo to be sold short.

Samus fought Mewtwo

Mewtwo fought Fiamma

Someone make Samus vs Fiamma right now

Dark preferably

I said Dark for a reason

And I doubt its a stomp when him vs Mewtwo wasn't.

Besides, I think Dark actually wins...

Samus resisted mind hacking in the end of Federation Force and ultimately broke free in the end; she was able to hold back against the Galactic Federation and would have stomped them if the mind hacking thing would have caused her to go all out. Additionally, Samus's stellar AoE, nigh-AZ, durability negation, being far above baseline Planet level via one shotting fodder Tallon IV's Metroids; weakest Metroids in the series by far. Samus also has precognition, genius level intellect, and instinctive reactions to give her the edge.

I just submitted the results to Mewtwo's profile. Can someone submit this to Samus' profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back