• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cairne Bloodhoof vs Grommash Hellscream (3/3/0)

how strong is Cata era Garrosh compared to WC3 Grommash?
Pretty much even, if there's a big difference in their scaling, I'm unaware of it.

And you'd hope I'd be aware if there was cause I made the dang files, though Grommash is easy to argue being stronger admittedly

Last edited:
I think this is a hard choice. since they are both close in skill, Cairne has more experience, Grommash might have a slight AP Advantage, and should be immune to war stomp's stunning effect. To be honestly i could see this going either way,

I think this is a hard choice. since they are both close in skill, Cairne has more experience, Grommash might have a slight AP Advantage, and should be immune to war stomp's stunning effect. To be honestly i could see this going either way,
Change that slight AP advantage into a major one, cause it depends on how you take Mannoroth knocking Thrall out in one hit

Mannoroth did so by hitting the ground which split, which knocked Thrall into a rock wall which knocked him out, so might not scale to him

Okay if there is a major AP advantage than i am voting for Grommash. since with every other stat being pretty even that AP advantage would push it in Grommash's favor.

Okay if there is a major AP advantage than i am voting for Grommash. since with every other stat being pretty even that AP advantage would push it in Grommash's favor.
Thing is, like I said, it's iffy

But yeah if Grommash even 1% of the time scales above Cairne he pretty much wins

Thinking on it i might vote inconclusive, since if Grommosh is equal to cata Garrosh I could see Cairne taking it since from what i remember garrosh's poisoned weapon was one of main the reasons he even managed to beat Cairne in the first place. But if Grommosh is stronger than Cata Garrosh he would take it.

Thinking on it i might vote inconclusive, since if Grommosh is equal to cata Garrosh I could see Cairne taking it since from what i remember garrosh's poisoned weapon was one of main the reasons he even managed to beat Cairne in the first place. But if Grommosh is stronger than Cata Garrosh he would take it.
The main issue with Garrosh vs Cairne is that Garrosh had pretty much JUST gotten Gorehowl, so he's going from two one-handed to a single two-handed axe when fighting someone who's been using his weapon in combat for the better part of a century

After thinking about this for a while, I think that Cairne takes it. As mentioned earlier, he is 10ft tall and his weapon of choice is a spear/halberd, so he comfortably out-ranges Grommash, who really needs to get in close to get any substantial hits in. Cairne is also twice Grom's age, having far more combat experience and (what I believe to be) a better battle IQ, as well as being accustomed to the wild, beserking fighting style Grommash fights with considering his war/s with the centaur who, despite being physically very different than orcs, have a similar aggressive approach to melee combat.

I do think it would be a good fight though, Cairne would definitely be pushed by this but I think he wins this.

After thinking about this for a while, I think that Cairne takes it. As mentioned earlier, he is 10ft tall and his weapon of choice is a spear/halberd, so he comfortably out-ranges Grommash, who really needs to get in close to get any substantial hits in. Cairne is also twice Grom's age, having far more combat experience and (what I believe to be) a better battle IQ, as well as being accustomed to the wild, beserking fighting style Grommash fights with considering his war/s with the centaur who, despite being physically very different than orcs, have a similar aggressive approach to melee combat.

I do think it would be a good fight though, Cairne would definitely be pushed by this but I think he wins this.
To argue for Grommash, he's arguably more skilled, is faster on foot, and could likely pull a Garrosh and Shatter the Runespear, leaving Cairne without his primary weapon facing someone who's far more brutal and ruthless then he

This sounds more and more like either a double ko. Whoever gets the w is probably going down shortly after. I think the points favor cairne for the initial win in this case. His overall greater bulk allowing him to survive a mortal wound if only to finish gromm off.

Cairne's best skill feat is beating the **** out of a Garrosh who got Gorehowl days earlier.
So we're just ignoring the fact that Cairne has been leading his people in a war against the centaur for ~70 years, in which the centaur outnumber them and hold more lands and yet he keeps his people alive? Surely he must have been in hundreds of battles both as a leader/strategist and a warrior on the field.

Also
being a general badass
is pretty subjective and is not at all proof of anything

So we're just ignoring the fact that Cairne has been leading his people in a war against the centaur for ~70 years, in which the centaur outnumber them and hold more lands and yet he keeps his people alive? Surely he must have been in hundreds of battles both as a leader/strategist and a warrior on the field.

Also

is pretty subjective and is not at all proof of anything
And he probably out-APs them too. Plus Tactics and strategy being good is common among legends like Cairne. That's not pure skill-*******.

I know it isn't,

Honestly, I think the biggest thing in Grom's favour in this fight that will turn the tide compared to Garrosh, is his mirror image ability, they can't actually do anything obviously but they can provide just enough breathing room and distraction for Grom to get the win.

Honestly, I think the biggest thing in Grom's favour in this fight that will turn the tide compared to Garrosh, is his mirror image ability, they can't actually do anything obviously but they can provide just enough breathing room and distraction for Grom to get the win.
That a vote for Grom?

Back