• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cain (DC Comics) vs Ban Midou

Status
Not open for further replies.
PsychoWarper said:
I know I was kidding,
Also what would transcending an infinitely layed creation be?
Oh okay good XD

Not sure, depends.

Is it infinite Dimensional layers or Infinite Universe layers?

If the former, 1-A, if the latter, High 2-A

Cause thats a feat mentioned on the Thought Bot and The Endlesses pages.

(And theres a scan that has the word infinite)

Well you just mentioned they would be downgraded to 2-B but you just said High 2-A also the Archangels and the Presence are infinitely above The Endless who have that feat.

PsychoWarper said:
Well you just mentioned they would be downgraded to 2-B but you just said High 2-A also the Archangels and the Presence are infinitely above The Endless who have that feat.
I know, I firstly forgot all about Mister Mxy existing and the 5-D imps.

There also might be the 10-D being Ultimator.

So, High 1-C DC it's likely to be.

I mean in the last two minutes I have found two scans that mention infinite or endless dimensions.

(For Marvel)

PsychoWarper said:
I mean in the last two minutes I have found two scans that mention infinite or endless dimensions.
(For Marvel)
Be careful, the person is ruthless in how they take apart scans.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Neither Marvel nor DC are getting downgraded. Both are very direct in having infinite dimensions.
Except for the low tiers of Marvel I think

Matthew Schroeder said:
Neither Marvel nor DC are getting downgraded. Both are very direct in having infinite dimensions.
Dude, you literally closed the thread because you couldn't argue Infinite-D DC, that's sad.

The person in that thead made perfect sense, as well as making real points, but no, I guess you're the one making real points like:

"DC has infinite dimensions. Accept it"

It's not sad. You literally started pushing for 2-B DC out of nowhere not long after you started claming that you were being bullied in the World of Darkness downgrades. This whole situation is very suspect and smells of spite.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It's not sad. You literally started pushing for 2-B DC out of nowhere not long after you started claming that you were being bullied in the World of Darkness downgrades. This whole situation is very suspect and smells of spite.
1. Yes, it's very very sad, you're arguments in comparison to theirs was "DC is infinite Dimensional. Accept it." Your arguments were objectively worse. You didn't even bother to cite yourself.

2. 2-B DC because the 199,833 Dimensional was actually taken out of context and was 199,833 Universes.

3. Bullied? Wut? Oh would you look at that, Red Herring back at it again with the attempts at discrediting your detractors. Is that's honestly what you're trying to do?

4. "Very suspect and smells of spite": Why would I hate DC? I like how you try and make me seems like some petty person downgrading verses for the sake of it when you're the person who couldn't argue for the verse in question, used arguments like:

"Matthew Schroeder

They call it spatial dimensions in the comic. Accept it.

20 minutes ago"

Yes, I'm obviously showing spite for DC of all verses, one's I am actively reading (The Sandman comic), I really hate DC don't I? That's why I'm arguing for Cain beating Ban, Must really hate DC.

There's really no point in going so far into giant rants when the scans already support themselves, the author already confirmed it, and the 199,883th Dimensional snowflake is in fact called as such in the comic.

everything else is either just semantics or forcing alternate interpretations and pushing them as the only interpretations.

I don't really care that much about this, but if it's just straight up called "200k dimensional snowflake", interpreting dimensions as universes makes the phrase not really make any sense. What would that even be, a snowflake that is present in 200k universes?

Matthew Schroeder said:
There's really no point in going so far into giant rants when the scans already support themselves, the author already confirmed it, and the 199,883th Dimensional snowflake is in fact called as such in the comic.
everything else is either just semantics or forcing alternate interpretations and pushing them as the only interpretations.
Matthew, you're being objectively dishonest.

The 199,833 Dimensional Snowflake was taken out of context, to quote the person who responded to this argument:

"

For those who do not know what Matthew mentioned, it's about the planetary comic. Where does the following thing:

" This is the shape of reality. A theoretical snowflake existing in 196,833 dimensional space. The snowflake rotates. Each element of the snowflake rotates. Each rotation describes an entirely new universe. The total number of rotations are equal to the number of atoms making up the earth. Each rotation makes a new earth. This is the Multiverse. "
This sca

Again it is another scan that they are using loose, but even in the scan it talks about universes. And the context of this has already been affirmed more than once, being universes.

This is the theory that the universe quantifies by turning every possibility into a new universe (DC uses it a lot)."

But no, obviously, this is a bad argument, and yours are obviously better.

Pfft, give me a break. What a sad joke.

>"everything else is either just semantics or forcing alternate interpretations and pushing them as the only interpretations."

OOOOHH! THE IRONY!

Literally what you're doing right now.

Matt closed the other thread Ultima, so I guess it's spilled over here.

Ultima Reality said:
Both sides are being agressive to each other at the moment and derailing other threads in the process, wouldn't it be better to make a new Thread where people could calmly argue about the Tiering of the characters without throwing accusations around?
Can't, Matthew CLOSED THE THREAD.

Even if the snowflake itself isn't 196,883-D, it is explicitly said that there is a realm with that many dimensions in the scan. I am not sure why you all are focusing solely on the snowflake here

Wokistan said:
I don't really care that much about this, but if it's just straight up called "200k dimensional snowflake", interpreting dimensions as universes makes the phrase not really make any sense. What would that even be, a snowflake that is present in 200k universes?
It was taken out of Context, the comic and the writer himself gives it context by saying they are parrallel Universes.

Here, we get a zoom up on the Snowflake itself, it's Universes.

Ultima Reality said:
Even if the snowflake itself isn't 196,883-D, it is explicitly said that there is a realm with that many dimensions in the scan. I am not sure why you all are focusing solely on the snowflake here
The person responded to you, but Matthew Closed the thread after they responded, so no one else could responde.

It's intellectually dishonest to silence other people because they couldn't beat someone in an argument.

To quote the person:

In the comic this does not talk about dimensions of space. Sena, the wanderer refers to dimensions, always, as universes. and is ever time about the size of this universe. the question about his twitter, did he really understand what the other asked? Because that does not match the context of the comic.

But okay, I will not ignore it, I'll assume it is. But is not this inconsistent with what DC accepts at its dimensional level? DC accepts the Grant Morrison multiverse map as its true cosmology. https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/08/18/the-map-of-the-multiverseMorriso made it clear in an interview that the whole Multiverse is based on the M-Theory, which has only 11 Dimensions.

" I used a lot of this M-Theory, brane multiverse stuff in Final Crisis. Doug Mahnke did a great 3-D drawing of an inter-brane corridor in the Superman Beyond segments ― and it ties in fine with how I see things operating on 'recursive,'isomorphic scales, or dimensions. I'm ready to accept that our entire lives are playing out across a 2-D film as thin as soap bubble skin, since ― as above, so below ― we already have our own examples of such branes in the form of movie and TV screens, the pages of books and of comics. "
~ Grant Morrison
https://www.wired.com/2009/03/mid-life-crisis/

And we can continually see that DC has only 11 Dimensions of the M-Theory. Have you read Captain Atom for example? Where does it say that the DC Universe is formed by superstring theory and has 11 dimensions?

You can see here, in these two scans.

Even assuming he refers to space (that is, if he understood what his fan ask), this is not accepted by the cosmology that the publisher works on. It's kind of really loose.

Can you stop using caps lock and being so childish? I closed the thread because it wouldn't go anywhere, most had and do agree with me, and the other side was being provocative and confrontational.

Just like you are being right now.

If you continue I'll have to report you for it.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Can you stop using caps lock and being so childish? I closed the thread because it wouldn't go anywhere, most had and do agree with me, and the other side was being provocative and confrontational.
Just like you are being right now.

If you continue I'll have to report you for it.
Um, no, Most did not agree with you, at all.

Childish? Like closing a thread that was actually progressing?

>"and the other side was being provocative and confrontational."

What? Proof, burden of it is much.

>"Just like you are being right now."

You mean like how you said in the thread:

"Matthew Schroeder

Except 40K has infinite-dimensional stuff? I don't know your point. And your sudden investment in this smells of spite considering World of Darkness was rejected.

2 hours ago"

You're the one who attacked me on it.

>If you continue I'll have to report you for it.

The feeling is mutual, continue to close threads that disagree with you and I will report you.

It's not childish, I gave you the reason why the thread is closed.

Childish is carrying the issue on every single thread and being as needlessly confrontational as necessary, and actively mocking the other side with statements like "OH, THE IRONY", "Give me a break", "What a sad joke".

The thread wasn't closed purely for disagreements. It was closed because the intentions were obvious.

TBF that thread had few people on it and even fewer knowledgeable people on the verse so saying that few people agreed with Matt may not be true just people on that thread didnt.

Why are we getting so up in arms over this? Let's all just take a break and calm down. It's only semantics over a comic thst most people don't care about, not a huge deal to be getting upset over.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It's not childish, I gave you the reason why the thread is closed.
Childish is carrying the issue on every single thread and being as needlessly confrontational as necessary, and actively mocking the other side with statements like "OH, THE IRONY", "Give me a break", "What a sad joke".

The thread wasn't closed purely for disagreements. It was closed because the intentions were obvious.
I wonder why the issue had to be taken to another thread... Oh right, because you closed the thread where everyone was talking about it, maybe instead of closing the thread, you could have tried to argue instead of saying "Accept it".

>The thread wasn't closed purely for disagreements. It was closed because the intentions were obvious.

I notice the specific word "purely" implying that you did close it because people disagreed with you.

And no, it wasn't, the person had a solid argument against you, but you closed it because you cannot accept the truth.

The screenshot was taken fully out of context. And when context was added back in, you continued to just say:

"

Matthew Schroeder

They literally give the number of dimensions in the dialogue but you are insisting they are just universes?

Also, higher-dimensional universes are universes still."

"Matthew Schroeder

196,833 spatial dimensions. The comic states as suc. The writer is clearly wrong.

an hour ago"

"

Matthew Schroeder

It is spatio-temporal dimensions, lmao.

"196,833th Dimensional Snowflake".

It's not universes."

Guys. Enough derailing. This is not the thread to argue over tiering, this is the thread to argue over cain vs ban. Seeing as this thread is not only a stomp, but also derailed, it's pretty safe to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back