• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Brook (One Piece) VS Naurto Uzumaki (Naruto)

Speed is equalized:

Brook (Post-Timeskip)

774163.jpg

VS

Naruto Uzumaki (2nd Key-Pre War Arc)
fuuton__rasen_shuriken_by_timescar13_d1o9fqv-fullview.jpg

Brook: 5 Votes
Naruto Uzumaki: 3 Votes
Incon: 1 Vote

Last edited:
I think I will give this one to Brook. At this point in the series, Brook has much more experience than Naruto, given he's been alive for several decades and is an expert swordsman. Not only does he have a higher AP, but his undead body gives him an advantage here. Even if Naruto were to hit Naruto with his Rasenshuriken, it wouldn't have the same effects as it would on a regular person. Normally, the wind blades would damage the target's cells and cut off their chakra network, but since Brook is just a skeleton, there're no cells left at all, so it would only be the same as a regular attack. With the key being used for Naruto, this is before he managed to learn Sage Mode and learned to use the Rasenshuriken as a projectile, so if he uses the Rasenshuriken in this fight, it would damage his arm.

Besides that, Brook has a few other handy abilities. His freezing powers could easily entrap Naruto in ice, and since Naruto doesn't appear to have any resistance towards freezing, he'd likely be incapacitated. Then there's Brook Hanauta Sancho technique which allows him to significantly increase his speed while slicing his opponents. This technique was fast enough that it managed to blitz Big Mom, so the speed boost it would give here would definitely be way too fast for Naruto to react to. I'd say Brook takes this 7/10.

Mate naruto outskills don't try to pull that experience stuff. Alive for 90 years doing what? Practicing his 45 degree angles on the ship?
Rasenshuriken works as durability negation due to it's thousands of tiny needle attacks so it works fine on brook.
The kyubi cloak can save naruto from the ice things and regeneration saves him from the durability negation.
I'm voting naruto.

Mate naruto outskills don't try to pull that experience stuff. Alive for 90 years doing what? Practicing his 45 degree angles on the ship?
Practicing his devil fruit. But yeah Naruto outskills
Rasenshuriken works as durability negation due to it's thousands of tiny needle attacks so it works fine on brook.
Rasenshuriken can be countered by Brook's slashes as well so...
Brook has superior AP to Rasenshuriken. He definitely could counter it.

But if Rasenshuriken hit then it would definitely hurt Brook.
The kyubi cloak can save naruto from the ice things and regeneration saves him from the durability negation.
Regen doesn't stop him from freezing his blood.

He also has mind manip that works on Naruto.

I vote Neutral

Well, he was already an experienced swordsman at the time of his death. On Thriller Bark, he said he'd been training five years for a rematch with Ryuma. Then he trained further during the two-year timeskip and gained many new abilities. And as already mentioned, Brook can give himself significant speed amps that would allow him to blitz Naruto easily.
But how exactly would it work on Brook though? Chakra is distributed throughout the body through the internal organs, with the heart being one of the most important organs for chakra creation. Since Brook doesn't have any of these organs, he wouldn't experience the same kind of injuries that a regular person would. I'm not saying that it wouldn't damage Brook, but I think the damage would be significantly less, not to mention Brook has a higher AP.
The key that's being used is one where Naruto doesn't want to rely on Kurama's chakra, so he's unlikely to use the kyubi cloak early in-battle. Even if he does use it, I don't see how his regeneration would be able to help him unfreeze his organs or his blood, since Brook's ice manipulation allows him to not only freeze his opponents in ice, but also freeze their organs. He can also use his music to hypnotize Naruto or cast illusions, like he did during the fight with the New Fishman Pirates.

put aside the ap, Naruto always start with Shadow clones, that he throws at Brook, he may cut some of them, use some music to distract and slash them, but in the end Naruto would just come out of somewhere, and land a Rasenshuriken to him, and yes his bones are cellular too so he will be affected as well

so Naruto FRA

The claim about Brook being outskilled is based on what? Ryuma carried Brook's shadow and was able to fight Zoro. Brook himself was able to fight Ryuma for quite some time even being overwhelmed by the difference in AP (also Ryuma abused Brook's afro weak point constantly in order to hit him). Brook fought Moriah's crew for years, including he actively trained in this period of time to improve his techniques and become more powerful – after the timeskip he is even more powerful and skilled.

Welp, those are good points

With skill being a better factor in that regard, debatable if it's superior to Naruto's or not, then I vote Brook

I guess naruto can attack brook with his clones and then wait for an opportunity to use rasenshuriken?

Naruto resists sleep manipulation, so the only thing that is going to work here is illusion creation

Naruto resists sleep manipulation, so the only thing that is going to work here is illusion creation
Brook's ability isn't only sleep manipulation. Idky everyone here thinks all he does is put people to sleep.

He can hypnotize them and make them attack each other and such.

Back