• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bringing the light of the heavens to a mushroom (Valkyrie vs Violet Fungus)

...The 2-C key on weaker monsters never gets old. Totally non-standard, so it's only on the profiles because it has to be, but the fact it's going on every profile eventually is really funny.

Also finally, the fabled DnD vs PaD matchup...And not at all the thematic I was expecting.

Right away, Violet Fungus has a hefty AP advantage of about 5.26x, it doesn't matter if you argue that Morgannon's 9-B feat was casual it's still not putting a dent in how hefty the AP disadvantage seems to be.

...And that's where I feel the advantage ends for the Violet Fungus. SBA means Valkyrie knows who she's fighting and Central Park offers basically no way for the Camouflage to be useful. The description and stats seem to imply that either the Violet Fungus can not move or it's movement speed is very slow, so compared to Valkyrie's flight mobility seems to be on her side. Forcefields, healing, and the negation of poison damage seem to really put a damper on the fungus' best way of harming her with the poison, plus the fact that she fights with a sword and shield and can launch longer ranged energy blasts means she can probably keep the thing from even touching her in the first place pretty well since the fungus seems to lack any range options of its own. It's given a mindless rating while the Valkyries are highly skilled swords women called to for help to turn the tides of war, add that skill with prior knowledge and it feels like Valkyrie REALLY has to drop the ball to let herself get killed here, she has all the options in the world to avoid being poisoned or touched, and even if she screws that up she has poison negation and healing options...after which she should be smart enough to not do that agian. It's probably going to take a LOT of combos and hits to kill the fungus thanks to the AP difference, but Valkyrie should be in pretty much no danger here...

I vote Valkyrie for skill, intelligence, range, mobility, her weapon and shield keeping contact off of her, forcefields, healing, and poison negation. The AP difference just makes the fight a slog, but I don't see her easily losing.

Back