• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bringing Crysis down to Earth

Also I think we should just outright declare the Gauss Rifle to be 9-A, since it can easily hit Alcatraz hard enough to knock him off balance in pain and temporarily disrupt his systems, if Lockhart is any indication.

Also, we need a LAW profile.

Last edited:
Edits are done but I am not touching the Alpha Ceph. Ohohohohohoho no, I'll leave that to those that can actually figure out what that monstrosity should scale to.

So after that, and someone who can take care of Alpha handles it, this will be concluded?

I hope I will get a PC ready for the release.
Good luck trying to get a decent GPU that can run Crysis Remastered. ******* scalpers and crypto-miners have messed everything up. It's not as bad as before (when GPUs were going for as much as x4 MSRP) but you may still have to shell out double.

And, as KLOL said, have fun with Denuvo.

Also I think we should just outright declare the Gauss Rifle to be 9-A, since it can easily hit Alcatraz hard enough to knock him off balance in pain and temporarily disrupt his systems, if Lockhart is any indication.

Also, we need a LAW profile.
The thing about that weapon and other such weapons is that the round itself would not have 9-A KE but 9-B (at most may be 9-B+ for the Gauss rifle since it can tear apart a Ceph Stalker's torso with one shot). It's mostly penetration power.

@DarkDragonMedeus wanted to make a thread about this, actually. He brought it up once with me in a private conversation.

Probably, but a bunch of profiles still remain missing, namely, Nomad and the rest of Raptor Team remain missing.
Alcatraz/Prophet is literally the only Nanosuit character.

I want to make one for Psycho. His is a profile I've been wanting to make for a long ass time.

Good luck trying to get a decent GPU that can run Crysis Remastered. ******* scalpers and crypto-miners have messed everything up. It's not as bad as before (when GPUs were going for as much as x4 MSRP) but you may still have to shell out double.
Lucky me that I got an RTX 3090.

Plus, the Remaster is ass, just get the normal GOG version with the Enhanced Edition Mod.

Yeah, Soldier Blue is correct, I mentioned on his wall plans to make a thread discussing how the tiers of pretty much 95% of firearms and modern vehicles should be judged. They should for the most part only be scaled from their own calculation since they're often prone to loopholes when a character's durability comes from a certain plasma weapon that's 100% heat based with little to no blunt force trauma and it's being downscaled to a bunch of ballistics that have realistic calculations ranging from 9-C to 9-B. And this is especially true for first person shooter verses where most weapons are intended to be based on real world weapons. And melee weapons such as blades and clubs honestly shouldn't even have tiers as it's just an extension tool of the wielder and thus any tier it may have should just come from whoever's using it.

There are exceptions of course such as weapons enhanced by supernatural powers such as Magic of Chi manipulation and/or are made of Adamantium and it's various knock offs. But most traditional firearms such just stick to the basics that we calculate them. Other things such game mechanics, damage ratings, high tiered characters dying from basic weapons being prone to PIS while most fodder enemies dying from them being solid antifeats, ect will all be discussed case by case for each verse. But regular bullets made of lead, tungsten, ect are just that, regular bullets made of lead, tungsten, ect.

But anyway, I'm all ears regarding Alpha Ceph though.

Yeah, Soldier Blue is correct, I mentioned on his wall plans to make a thread discussing how the tiers of pretty much 95% of firearms and modern vehicles should be judged. They should for the most part only be scaled from their own calculation since they're often prone to loopholes when a character's durability comes from a certain plasma weapon that's 100% heat based with little to no blunt force trauma and it's being downscaled to a bunch of ballistics that have realistic calculations ranging from 9-C to 9-B. And this is especially true for first person shooter verses where most weapons are intended to be based on real world weapons. And melee weapons such as blades and clubs honestly shouldn't even have tiers as it's just an extension tool of the wielder and thus any tier it may have should just come from whoever's using it.

There are exceptions of course such as weapons enhanced by supernatural powers such as Magic of Chi manipulation and/or are made of Adamantium and it's various knock offs. But most traditional firearms such just stick to the basics that we calculate them. Other things such game mechanics, damage ratings, high tiered characters dying from basic weapons being prone to PIS while most fodder enemies dying from them being solid antifeats, ect will all be discussed case by case for each verse. But regular bullets made of lead, tungsten, ect are just that, regular bullets made of lead, tungsten, ect.
Agreed, unless said weapons (Mostly unique swords, clubs, staves, spears and the like) are shown canonically in cutscenes (Or shown to be the signature weapon of the protagonist in general) to be able to damage/hold their own against higher-tier stuff like super-strong armor sets or other weird supernatural weapons/armor they should just be treated as ordinary weapons.

BTW, I remember there being another old-ass thread providing a few more reasons why the Alpha Ceph's 4-C rating isn't legit. Lemme look it up.

Ah ****, it's gone.

Anyway, the Alpha Ceph is like, super ******* big, it literally served as the big-ass mountain on Lingshan Island before it was moved away from there to New York.

But anyway, I'm all ears regarding Alpha Ceph though.
The thing is: Rounds rated at 9-C can harm and even kill animals rated at 9-B based on KE calcs and actual durability feats.

The .308 Winchester, for example, shows muzzle energies of 3.4 to 3.7 Kilojoules. Yet it is considered a capable round for North American big game such as bears and moose, which we rate in the range of 50 to 100 Kilojoules in the 9-B bracket.

The .505 Gibbs has muzzle energies of 8 to 10 Kilojoules, which is Street level+, but is considered a round for hunting cape buffalo and even rhinos & elephants; all three of which are in the hundreds of Kilojoules.

Ah ****, it's gone.

Anyway, the Alpha Ceph is like, super ******* big, it literally served as the big-ass mountain on Lingshan Island before it was moved away from there to New York.
Um... The Alpha Ceph wasn't the mountain? That was just a Ceph lithoship.

Yeah, surface area is also something that needs to be accounted for + the fact that more energy =/= more pressure. Bullets also have high pressure for its energy due to it being a lot sharper and pointier than punches or body slams. Though, Grizzly Bears I heard were being downgraded to 9-C due to some flaws with using body slams as opposed to bites and claws strikes. Except for animals such as Elephants, Bulls, and Rhinos which generally due tackle as a method.

Yeah, surface area is also something that needs to be accounted for + the fact that more energy =/= more pressure. Bullets also have high pressure for its energy due to it being a lot sharper and pointier than punches or body slams. Though, Grizzly Bears I heard were being downgraded to 9-C due to some flaws with using body slams as opposed to bites and claws strikes. Except for animals such as Elephants, Bulls, and Rhinos which generally due tackle as a method.
If I remember correctly, it was calculated on the OBD that tanking a .50 BMG round requires baseline 8-B durability.

That was actually rejected by DontTalkDT given it compares the bullet to a body slam, comparing the bullet to a punch for example would make it more like 9-A. Also, there are plenty of robot characters who are immune to bullets due to being made of metal. Another detail not quite covered in our tiering system. Said characters are only 9-B.

Last edited:
Model of Alpha Ceph:
felix-leyendecker-c3-shots-1900px-05.jpg

felix-leyendecker-c3-shots-1900px-06.jpg

felix-leyendecker-c3-shots-1900px-07.jpg

In a mission, we see it wrapping around a tower.

Don't think it warrants Tier 8 physically from size alone. At minimum it would either scale to Prophet, or upscale from him.
What about long-range energy projection? It was able to open a white hole, and periodically the beam would suck whatever is around it, causing buildings to collapse. What tier is making a Einstein-Rosen Bridge?

I'm pretty sure the Alpha Ceph would definitely be Tier 8, it's seen as being physically larger than buildings wherever it goes.

Though, Grizzly Bears I heard were being downgraded to 9-C due to some flaws with using body slams as opposed to bites and claws strikes. Except for animals such as Elephants, Bulls, and Rhinos which generally due tackle as a method.
IIRC only lions and tigers would have their AP downgraded but their dura would more or less remain where it is, bears are large enough to qualify for their tackles since they do use tackles as a form of attack like bulls, elephants, rhinos and hippos do.

I'm pretty sure the Alpha Ceph would definitely be Tier 8, it's seen as being physically larger than buildings wherever it goes.
It blew up the System X building of CELL. If you could determine that building's size, you could estimate the yield of destroying it.

It blew up the System X building of CELL. If you could determine that building's size, you could estimate the yield of destroying it.
I'd need the schematics and I'd need the amount of area it covers. But it shouldn't be that hard for others to carry on with, since visually-speaking that place looks like a damn fortress with a big-ass tower in the middle. Maybe just slap it with typical skyscraper busting and call it a day.

I'd need the schematics and I'd need the amount of area it covers. But it shouldn't be that hard for others to carry on with, since visually-speaking that place looks like a damn fortress with a big-ass tower in the middle. Maybe just slap it with typical skyscraper busting and call it a day.
8-A, may be?

Has this revision been applied yet?

So is there anything left to do here in this thread then?

Back