• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Breaking the fourth wall Beerus

Status
Not open for further replies.
FanofRPGs said:
wut

We need more context
To avoid spoilers:

After a certain universe is erased by Zeno, Beerus tells the Narrator to "say something". The Narrator then starts recapping what happened in the episode.

4thWall1
4thWall2

i think it was more to him saying champa should have said something instead of just mocking him like always

Goku breaks the fourth wall in one episode too.

I heard the word "nani" in there. It sounds to me like he was saying to Champa "What did you say?" or "Say something?" or anything else along those lines.

Goku also broke the fourth wall in the manga as a kid, right? And I faintly remember he did it in DBS too, I just can't remember which episode.

In all fairness, original Dragon Ball didn't really care about 4th wall breaks, being more comedic and aloof.

You sure he wasn't talking to Whis? Whis is able to check if the said universe are destroyed as he did before.

If he was talking to Whis, Whis would have answered. He was definitely talking to the narrator given the context.

I haven't watched the episode so i can't tell, but since Whis is behind Beerus and Beerus is obviously talking to someone behind him I am pretty sure that's it.

Also, since one of the universe is likely universe 6, Whis maybe didn't answer due to how Beerus's brother was killed and well in anime we often see the characters stay mute so that the person that asked them the question figures it out on their own. As some sort of emotional scene thing.

You need to watch the episode then. Whis wasn't even shown in that whole scene.

"Goku also broke the fourth wall in the manga as a kid, right?"

He literally bent one of the panel edges in the first volume, by hitting Yamcha against it.

I remembered. It was in episode 30 where Goku and Vegeta kept interrupting the narrator and the narrator got angry. That was funny lmao

Yeah this seems very very speculative to say its 4th wall breaking. Like said above he could have just talked about Champa.

I'll see what other staff say about this however.

Kid Goku's feat will still be considered as 4th wall breaking I guess.

And what about Goku and Vegeta interrupting the narrator in DBS?

In ep 30 of DBS, both Goku and Krillin broke the 4th wall on a quite high level: they reacted to what the narrator said which mean they actually heard him and replied to what he said.

Then the narrator replied to what they said.

TISSG7Redgrave said:
i think it was more to him saying champa should have said something instead of just mocking him like always
It was this. That was clearly a dramatic moment, not him breaking the fourth wall as some sort of gag. He was telling Champa to say something before his...yeah.

And it affected the audience how it should've...

Now that I think about it, his "say something" could be also interpreted as him talking to himself. Meaning he should have said something to Champa but couldn't get it out in time. More like "say something Beerus, he is your brother" sort of way...idk

Well the Beerus thing is little iffy, but what about kid Goku, Goku and Vegeta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back