• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bravely Triggered - Lavos (Chrono Trigger) vs Tiz Arrior (Bravely Default)

Title also suits Cal after recent upgrades :33 People who just have a lot of haxx and tend to mimic others in their power. Lavos gets all his forms, Tiz gets all the Asterisk and can use them.

5-A Forms

They take place in Earth. Go!

Don't know the meaning? Well it's kinda a job thing you unlock and by canonicity Tiz should have the ability, and in truth this power allows anyone who gets hit by an attack to copy said attack and use it as if they knew all along how to use it.

Is Tiz as hard as Lavos to put down? If yes, I probably don't know either.

If no, Lavos probably wins in a battle of atrition by outlasting him. Unless Tiz has some broken way to put him down, which I'm not sure if he does due to not knowing the character well enough.

Tiz can keep reviving himself and heal himself while cancelling all damage or absorbing all damage.

Also.... Steal mind and his more absorbing energy should be potent enough to do some serious damage. From what I'm seeing Lavos has no special resistance to mental attacks now does he?

Lavos can absorb energy too (The events at the Ocean Palace and Mamoon Machine proves that), so they're probably even on this.

Lavos can overwhelm other people's minds as he did so with Schala who was said to have some of the most powerful magic in the verse and arguably messed up with Queen Zeal's head as well.

Plus I'm fairly sure Magus has Mind Hax but got wrecked hard by him in every instance.

Lavos could get past that cancelling damage by voiding immunities as it's listed on his profile.

...But if both sides can keep reviving anyways, this isn't going anywhere. Probably Inconclusive.

If I use any high end on Tiz it would be too unfair probably, for either side.

No idea to what extent her mental prowess is (and I sincerely doubt the connection between most powerful magic comparing with the mind unless they unleash mental attacks before or may not even specialize in mental magic when they can shoot out meteors or something like that) but since I have no idea what's going on with the verse I'm just gonna believe ya.

To what extent?

Issue is it should be enough to buy time to heal repeatedly.

Yup. Unless one gets turned to an eternal punching bag but the issue is finding out who is that here in this case.

Janus (aka young Magus), said that in a little while, one of them will perish. That's what the Japanese words you were reading in that cutscene said. Crono knew that one of them would fall to something in Zeal. And had the upper hand. Then he gets blasted.

For one, Queen Zeal at base has a Large Planet Level feat by virtue of Mind Based Magic - Telekinesis. Schala can mind-wipe/memory-wipe endgame Magus, IIRC. As for pPrecog and similar things, Magus literally had Centuries of prep time to deal with Lavos, knew exactly what would happen by virtue of having already experienced it and was called The Prophet.

...Got wrecked hard anyways. He is even quoted saying something around the lines that he spent pretty much his entire life dedicated to that and it didn't matter at all in the end.

Which cutscene and where? You linked a video or something?

And... that just sounds like it was a change in the tide of battle and he died..... Or atl east from my understanding Janus predicted either himself or Crono would die, and then said other person despite odds died. Or if both of them died, well imperfect precognition exists. Not all kinds of precognitions predict everything.

That said I don't think Tiz even has that.

So is that why they have precogs on their profiles? Oh wait.... They don't.

Probably gotta update that. And prep time =/= Precog. : / Although if he did predict thnigs as a Prophet I'll probably concede if they're not just planning.

In the words of my old Anthropology professor once said

"Treat me like a baby who does not know anything, from everything basic and simple"

Because I have no idea what any of that means

Edit - Fate just commented.

So why does Lavos become immune to precog : /

FateAlbane said:
As for Precog and similar things, Magus literally had Centuries of prep time to deal with Lavos, knew exactly what would happen by virtue of having already experienced it and was called The Prophet.
...Got wrecked hard anyways. He is even quoted saying something around the lines that he spent pretty much his entire life dedicated to that and it didn't matter at all in the end.
Anyways kinda won't matter when neither is staying ded.

He doesn't have immunity. Just a fun fact I wanted to point out. It's to show that Lavos was like "Ha. Get as much prep as you want. I'm still Lavos"

Well, I wrote Tiz's profile, so I guess it's mandatory for me to be here.

First off, there's nothing Lavos has that Tiz doesn't aside from Acausality.

Heck, he's even able to make his enemies be completely and utterly unaware of his presence via the Jedi Mind Trick if he wants to by manipulating the in-game encounter rate (and yes this happens in story so no it's not just game mechanics).

Second, Stillness/Calm does not work by making everyone immune to damage. It works by making damage nonexistent, so immunities or not, no one is getting damaged.

Third, he has a potent form of hax called Undo from the Exorcist class, which he can use to (as the name implies) undo any changes that happened him recently. He takes damage? Undo. He uses mana? Undo. He gets gutted and is on the verge of death? Undo.

Fourth, he has total control over his own soul through the Guardian class and can even possess others.

Fifth, he has spammable time stopping (which he's immune to) along with instant death spells.

Ultimately, it's a stalemate since Tiz can't put him down, but Lavos isn't doing much either.

Thanks for the input, Reppu. Really don't know much about Tiz myself, and your points further solidify my vote as Inconclusive as well.

Back