• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Brain Unglaus vs Jean Pierre Polnareff

Okay, so Brain should be able to see Silver Chariot with Field, and can amp his speed to crazy levels while field is active and with his other martial arts skills.

I feel like Brain will slice SC the moment it enters Field, which would be Brain's first move, making Pol retreat and possibly having Pol release SC's armor to match him in speed as well.

After that, I'm not sure. Brain is decently above baseline due to scaling and can amp himself several times over, but I don't know if he has enough dura-amping abilities to take that many hits.

tfw an Overlord character wins

I vote Brain fra

TacticalNuke002 said:
Does Field allow you to see souls?
It allows him to see through invisibility. If Silver Chariot has a physical presence, which it would need to in order for it to attack Brain, Brain can see it.

Does Field negate resistance to invisibility seeing? Stands are invisible even to ghosts who are invisible to humans. So even if you could see a ghost you still wouldn't be able to see stands.

If it has a physical presence it should be able to be seen by Field. It doesn't really negate invisibility as much as it just makes Brain aware of everything going on around him.

So is it like "I know that's there's something this large and this size in that spot because of how it's interacting with the environment despite me not being able to see it physically"?

Pretty much. He was aware that an invisible character was behind him without even looking.

Not entirely sure; both can use skills that let them amp fast enough to effortlessly dodge attacks and move faster than the opponent can properly react so I'd call it even, although Brain has to activate more buffs for that while Pol might not immediately release his stand's armor.

SC's speed amp should have a largish multiplier imo (at least >7x), although he'll keep it until late or in response to Brain's speed amp.

Pol probably has the better amp, although Brain has multiple amps he can use.

"Spiritual level"

He's not looking at an enemy, he's just detecting that there's something that has a physical form there. Again, he didn't even have to look at Succulent to notice he was behind him.

If the stand was intangible/non-corporeal he wouldn't see it as it's not taking up physical space. Silver Chariot takes up physical space and interacts with stuff around it, though.

Yet, they are selectively tangible.

The moment Silver Chariot becomes tangible to attack Brain he'd become aware of it and counter.

Okay.

So Silver Chariot becomes tangible to attack Brain.

He notices, and blocks the attack.

If it's tangible when it attacks him, why does he need Non-Physical Interaction/Soulhax to block the attack???

I'm just going to quote ProfLord here:

"Selectively intangible is kiiind of misleading for stands; by default you cannot touch them unless you have a stand (or have something that really resembles one in function/mechanics). You will never see a truck running over Star Platinum just because he caught him off guard or something like that. It's not vice versa though, a stand can touch you and you cannot touch it."

Pretty sure you need to find another opponent so we can continue this.

A truck wouldn't run over Silver Chariot by surprise because by default it's intangible.

However this is a stand that is becoming tangible to attack something.

You're telling me it's somehow both tangible to physical objects and intangible at the same time, which makes absolutely no sense. He can at the very least block the attack.

If a thing is normally intangible and then attacks someone physically, they'd sort of have to... be tangible? Which can then be blocked?

I don't get your argument Xtasymaphetamine? To physically attack something, the attacker must first be tangible as well.

You can block a physical attack from an intangible being if you know where it's coming from and block in preparation. Brain might not be able to directly harm Silver Chariot but once he knows that he'd focus his attention on Pol.

No. Not via verse equal itself, it won't. You'll need the right abilities (non-physical interaction or extrasensory perception is good enough) in order to do so.

"Verse equalization: Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion. So a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen."

Actually, Stands shouldn't be non-corporeal to begin with but I'll discuss that with Prof later.

At the very least he can position his sword between Chariot's weapon and his body to block the attack when it's about to happen; Field would make him aware of the attack and it boosts his reflexes.

Brain would probably close distance or wait for Pol to approach him with Field active.

I mean, some examples that counter it:

• Crazy Diamond having to punch a hole through Josuke's mother to pull out Aqua Necklace
  • The Green Baby, which is a stand, being trapped in a bottle.
  • Aqua Necklace being trapped inside of a rubber glove.
  • Highway Star being blocked by the door of a regular-ass car
Among many other things.

Back