• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bowser vs Yaldabaoth (Persona 5)

Edwellken

RP Elder
Two big bad video game bosses. One's a veteran, the other, a relatively new face.

In character, no prior knowledge or prep time.

3-C Bowser. (Obviously) I don't recall the conditions required for him to use the black hole but it's restricted just in case.

Speed equalized.

Bowser

Yaldabaoth

BowserNSMBU
Bowser

YaldabaothRender

Yaldabaoth High-Diff

Bowser has no defense for Almighty attacks and his Soul Separation. Plus, his status effects from his weapons will eventually drain Bowser down. However, Boweser will put up one hell of a fight.

Alright, that's 1 for Yaldabaoth.

Edit: @Cal I'm pretty sure Yaldabaoth's ailments bypass resistances on top of being incurable by normal means but I may be wrong...

• shrugs
Never played the game

(Cal ignores the fact that it's on Mario's page as he has a similar item from the same game.)

I mean we can't assume he can defend himself from "all" Status Ailments as that is very wide category. He'd only be resistant to ailments found in that game.

Are the likes of Lust, Hunger, Envy and such ailments in that game?

They are quite literally explained on the file. I'm saying this because I'm too lazy to do so.

I mean, it answers lust and the one that's basically the ability Pressure, but I don't see how Jealousy translates outside of game mechanics.

I mean, blowing up the planet solves that. Or winning by a means other than death. But it seems that Yaldaboath has the hax advantage. But does he have an answer to Bowser's "infinite stairs" technique?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I doubt Yaldy needs air.
I'm pretty sure what he meant was blowing up the planet and killing all of humanity would get rid of Yald's type 8 immortality.

Also I think you have Lust and Jealousy confused. Jealousy only works in a team battle, Lust just causes the target to have lewd fantasies to distract them from the battle.

No, I mean to bypass that type 8 immortality. What's the point of humanity believing in you if there's no humanity

So both Bowser and Yaldabaoth share spatial manipulation, reality warping, sealing, and pocket reality manipulation. Bowser has transmutation and gravity manipulation, and Yaldabaoth has time manipulation, soul manipulation, and existence erasure.

@Dragon to answer your earlier question the status aliments in SMRPG are sleep, poison, instant death, fear (Which acts more like stat debuffing than actual fear inducement), silence, and being turned into a mushroom or scarecrow. Although seeing how Yaldabaoth has resistance negation it probably won't matter.

I also remember some kind of soul trapping item in Super Paper Mario that the characters can use but I haven't played that game in years so I don't know how exactly it would work or if it would help Bowser in this fight.

For now I'm leaning towards Yaldabaoth for things like soul and time manipulation, and his type 8 immortality.

Yaldabaoth is a being from the Collective Unconscious. Multiple universes stem from the Collective Unconscious. Blowing up the Earth wouldn't kill him.

I'm gonna side with Yaldabaoth, as Bowser can't really put down the four limbs that induce status ailments permenantly without killing Yaldabaoth himself. Plus he has no resistence against things like Lust, which will keep him from attacking for a while.

Plus Almighty attacks are pretty strong anyway, so Bowser will always be taking heavy damage.

Back