• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(BoS) Gaara vs Toph

Status
Not open for further replies.
i brought this lavabending-stuff up since otherwise i dont see toph winning, therefore i mentioned a theoretical scenraio where top was able to lavabend, it gave her at least a more or less realistic chance to win(or injure gaara badly) ^_^

Even the Lava Bending Scenario(which she cant do) makes a huge amount of unlikely assumptions

-He decides not to blitz her

-She can override his sand control via chi to change it's State

-He is wearing his Sand Armor

-He decides not to Substitute.

Eric Stormbringer said:
The speed difference is far too great for Toph to overcome. That being said I am not sure why people assume Toph can control gaara's sand. Toph's control comes from utilizing chi wheras Gaara's control comes from utilizing chakra. in order to prove Toph can bend his sand you would have to prove why chi-control overrides chakra-control. Do we have any such proof? Finally I am not sure where this lava bending nonsense comes from-Toph has not shown any lava bending feats in ATLA or LoK.
And also, she just can't bend sand as I said in my previous post.

Jeune fou said:
In one episode (ep 30) Toph was in a desert and she says she couldn't "see" normally, via vibrations on the floor. She said everything on the sand was "furry" for her. So basically she couldn't really "feel" Gaara's presence. Besides, Toph is a earth bender and a metal bender, not a sand bender. She tried to sand bend when the library was about to be buried in the sand of the de sert but failed, so in any circumstance, she cannot control Gaara's sand or feel it (or imperfectly becauseit's not earth, stone or metal).

If you don't belive me: watch the episode: http://***************/avatar-the-last-airbender-episode-30-english-dubbed

at 13 min 00 she said everything on the sand is fuzzy for her.

And at 18 min 28 she failed when she somehow tried her power on the sand.

Toph showed no issues in not only bending sand, but navigating through a sandy beach in book 3.

In book 3, in episode 18. During those episodes in the desert it was very noticable that not only she couldn't bend san very well, she had difficulty just walking around in the desert, and yet in this episode, she bend sand into an detailed copy of Ba Sing Se and was able to see her way around. She must have practiced between those time periods and it's no stretch to say she mastered Sand bending by adulthood.

Sure she can make intricate sand castles, but is that really effective in combat?

Even if she can bend sand gaara surpasses her at every stat, AP, durability, speed, intelligence and versatile.

Gaara has created town sized san tsunami. Nobody in avatar verse has shown AoE of gaara, let alone toph.

We're not even taking shukaku into account who could solo the avatarverse if Gaara goes berserk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back