• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So do elemental types effect Pokémon?? Cause Boruto has the advantage with raiton release and has two speed boosts with Boruto stream as well as shunshin

What's worst Boruto is a genius. He can effectively use his clones to gather information while making distractions to create openings to fool the enemy.

He can create invisible attacks that can catch an opponent of guard easily if they can't sense its presence

He also has plenty AOE attacks and combinations

Some of his combos also slow him to maneuver in mid air

Elemental? Probably

For the rest...

Buizel can use Swift to hit all the clones at once (as it is also a homing attack)

He also has Odor Sleuth to hit evasive targets

Me First also allows him to copy the offensive move Boruto was going to use and bring it at him with even higher power.

Buizel also has Aqua Ring to passively heal himself and Aqua Jet to follow up in the air.

What exactly is odor sleuth

Borutomand his clones may be able to fight swift off with their Uchiha shuriken style

Can me first work when verse equalization isn't in play? Wondering

I honestly forgot about Aqua jet and I didn't even know Buizel could use Aqua ring

SBA forces verse equalization, so Me First can work

Odor Sleuth allows to user to smell the target, allowing to keep trace of it

Bobsican said:
Agility allows Buizel to easily raise his speed, making it possible to use
So does Body Flicker and Boruto Stream on it's own, the last being particularly dangerous towards Buizel as it involves an electricity based attack.

Body Flicker and Boruto Stream wont stop Me First from being used unless it can be proven to match or be superior to Buizels amped speed from Agility.

Bobsican said:
Buizel can just use Mud Slap to also lower his accuracy
So can Boruto counter it with another attack on it's own.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Body Flicker and Boruto Stream wont stop Me First from being used unless it can be proven to match or be superior to Buizels amped speed from Agility.
IRC, Wave Arc Boruto blitzed a foe that was previously going FTE to him rather casually.

All amp speeds should give speed boosts around the same in these kind of matches

Also verse equalization only makes energies equal for verses that share similarities. Really wondering how Pokémon would work with Chakra

>All amp speeds should give speed boosts around the same in these kind of matches

Wait, what?

>Also verse equalization only makes energies equal for verses that share similarities. Really wondering how Pokémon would work with Chakra

What does this point have to do with anything really?

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
>Also verse equalization only makes energies equal for verses that share similarities. Really wondering how Pokémon would work with Chakra

What does this point have to do with anything really?
Guess it has to do with the mechanics of how a Jutsu Works and how Equalization doesn't favors Me First, as Boruto's Ninjutsu is the product of the conversion between the mental and physical energy of his cells whereas Me First is... whatever the actual mechanic Pokémon use to produce their attacks is.

Can me first copy abilities like jutsu. Chakra isn't even a thing in Pokémon and I'm wondering if Pokémon has any energy similar to chakra. From what I remember it doesn't but if the profiles are based off the games then I don't know myself tbh

It simply also replicates also what would normally be used for it while performing it.

Moves don´t work like that, but they get a bonus in power if it´s of the same type as the wielder.

Outside of that, it´ll simply work.

AstralKing7 said:
Can me first copy abilities like jutsu. Chakra isn't even a thing in Pokémon and I'm wondering if Pokémon has any energy similar to chakra. From what I remember it doesn't but if the profiles are based off the games then I don't know myself tbh
Why exactly does this matter?

For one, power mimicry is not limited by what the actual energy source from a verse is and this has never been a thing until I saw you mention it here. Power mimicry is power mimicry, it doesnt matter what energy is used to produce a technique.

Second, even ignoring that, Me First is able to replicate many different kinds of offensive techniques, elemental or otherwise. Why would Boruto's ninjutsu suddnely be an exception?

Well, kinda. Goku's power mimicry is limited to ki-based techniques because he hasn't showed replicating other kind of moves with the same ease.

Practically every technique that comes from chakra exists in pokeverse in some capacity so I don't think there it is unfair to say mimicry will work.

Calaca Vs said:
Well, kinda. Goku's power mimicry is limited to ki-based techniques because he hasn't showed replicating other kind of moves with the same ease.
Im not talking about what the moves themselves come out as but rather the energy source used to perform the move. For example, a lightning jutsu in naruto is still produced by the users chakra, even though chakra is clearly not electrical energy, it is spiritual + physical energy. The jutsu is made by the latter, but it comes out as a product of the former.

The latter is what I mean. Goku not being able to copy non-Ki based attacks is reasonable because he can only copy Ki-based attacks, but that doesnt mean he can't copy energy-related techniques from other characters just because they use non-ki energy to produce their moves.

Anyways, I think Buizel has the AP advantage

Oh wait, both are 8-A+, eh, the gap likely won´t even be too big to be relevant.

Bobsican said:
Anyways, I think Buizel has the AP advantage

Oh wait, both are 8-A+, eh, the gap likely won´t even be too big to be relevant.
I mean, pretty sure he does on average, Although I think that the reasoning of the Twister Calc it's flawed.

Anyways, going back to the Topic, can we also take in mind that Boruto has his own Power Absorption, Reflection and self healing abilities?

Back