• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boruto One Shots Shippuden

Status
Not open for further replies.
no both jutsu have to be comparable to a degree, which is why you can still overpower someone who has the chakra nature advantage over you.
No they don't. At least not as far as we know. The difference between them that's necessary is completely unknown.
Both Sarada and Boruto bombarded Shinki with lightning release because thats what he was weak to and it still had no effect until boruto pulled out purple lightning, this is because if the gap in power between Jutsu is too wide the elemental advantage becomes ineffective. once again the same reason it took a platoon of suiton users to counter Madara's fire style.
Yeah again we don't know how the interactions work so we don't know what the difference has to be.
this doesnt refute what i said
It's not a refutation but an argument. An elemental disadvantage can completely nullify an attack.
that doesnt really matter, we know Hidari's jutsu didnt entirely overpower his jutsu which is what would happen in the event of 1 jutsu being significantly stronger than the other, elemental affinity or not.
MAphA2z.png
This is completely out of context can you send the whole scan? Also it says it's "sometimes possible to push back the opposing jutsu" but always will.
And Konohamarus jutsu is a spiral barrier so it's very likely it just disperses attacks meaning there's not much for him to bet hit back with.
even if we were overly conservative and said he downscales to baseline, he would still be in the same tier
I wouldn't say it's overly conservative. We straight up don't know how much he scales to it.
We know for a fact he had an elemental advantage AND that he did get blasted away despite that. He clearly doesn't scale to the full value at all. Scaling him to the full value would directly imply he can fully block Uzuhiko which is just not true.

no both jutsu have to be comparable to a degree, which is why you can still overpower someone who has the chakra nature advantage over you.

Both Sarada and Boruto bombarded Shinki with lightning release because thats what he was weak to and it still had no effect until boruto pulled out purple lightning, this is because if the gap in power between Jutsu is too wide the elemental advantage becomes ineffective. once again the same reason it took a platoon of suiton users to counter Madara's fire style.

this doesnt refute what i said

that doesnt really matter, we know Hidari's jutsu didnt entirely overpower his jutsu which is what would happen in the event of 1 jutsu being significantly stronger than the other, elemental affinity or not.
MAphA2z.png

even if we were overly conservative and said he downscales to baseline, he would still be in the same tier
I just want to point out that that scan speaks about Same Vs Same (I.E., the examples were Kakashi Raiton vs Kakuzu Raiton, and Itachi’s Katon vs Sasuke’s Katon.

Aside from that, this is correct. Although I really think we should have greater standards for scaling certain characters.

It doesn’t feel right having characters like Konohamaru scaling to such levels without narrative justification, and it seems a lot of people are willing to just hand wave that concern because the feats exist.

Narrative Consistency has to play a part in these discussiins imo at least, and I’d rather not chuck it up to PIS.

I see literally no problem with Konohamaru scaling that high. There’s no supporting evidence to Hidari holding back nor is there any valid reason for him to do so.

Obviously, he doesn’t scale to Hidari at all physically. He was knocked back and possibly unconscious by the aftermath of said attack. But that doesn’t dispute the fact that his RB stopped Hidari Piercing attack from getting to him. Most contentions are just the he uneasiness of Konohamaru scaling that high

It doesn’t feel right having characters like Konohamaru scaling to such levels without narrative justification, and it seems a lot of people are willing to just hand wave that concern because the feats exist.

Narrative Consistency has to play a part in these discussiins imo at least, and I’d rather not chuck it up to PIS.
Well uh, we already kinda ignore the narrative a bit the moment we scale Sakura and the Five Kages to 5-C. Feats > Everything else.

Konohamaru did get blasted away even with the shield, but he didn't instantly die from it so 5-B shield is reasonable. Maybe downscale to Baseline 5-B, at worst.

Agree with everything bar Konohamaru

Hidari was def holding back immensely and there is not enough for Konohamaru to say he scales that high just yet ( He likely will in the future though if he fights Harley Quinn )

Also shouldn't Eida get this upscale to?
This is just a durabilty scale, it's not ridiculous that he can block attacks beyond her level with her new defensive rasengan technique

It's better to list it as a feat for their endurance rather durability. Which serves better in VS matches
Endurance isn't about stats tho. If Isshiki kicked off Naruto's arm or punched a hole through Sasuke's stomach and they kept fighting that'd be endurance, but their bodies remained just fine. We also see in literally the same fight that it's not like the series is afraid of showing grievous injuries, as Isshiki breaks Boruto's arm.
Using this logic would inadvertently put Sasuke’s durability above that of his Susano’o because jigen didn't leave a gaping hole in Sasuke
That can just be because while Isshiki was trying to kill them, he didn't put in every ounce of his power into his attacks. So they scale to his regular output, just not his absolute full power. That or Naruto and Sasuke getting stronger, though I'm iffy on that.
Same way we don't scale or downscale Minato to one eye Madara
Very different situation. There it would've been disadvantageous to simply kick a hole through him, as he was trying to throw Minato backwards to hit Gaara. It's also just an isolated incident as compared to a whole fight of Naruto and Sasuke taking Isshiki's attacks.

Tbh I don't see a need to downsacle.
Chidori would already be amping hidaris ap well above his normal stats anyway. Coupled with there being no actual indication that he was holding back much if at all. It's also important to consider that many of these characters are being put into these situations to show how much they've grown and that they can hang with the god teirs in some capacity. We see it withh sarada landing a lethal blow on hidari, and we see it with konohamur through his defensive rasengan.

That can just be because while Isshiki was trying to kill them, he didn't put in every ounce of his power into his attacks. So they scale to his regular output, just not his absolute full power. That or Naruto and Sasuke getting stronger, though I'm iffy on that.
Shinobi naturally grow in power due to fighting, this has been established already. Literally every person who uses Chakra naturally grows stronger just by fighting like they're all Saiyans from DBZ.

Shinobi naturally grow in power due to fighting, this has been established already. Literally every person who uses Chakra naturally grows stronger just by fighting like they're all Saiyans from DBZ.
I mean I don't doubt that they grew stronger in some capacity, I'm just doubtful that they got a Kurama Avatar/Perfect Susanoo level amp from one fight. Wouldn't be the first time characters have gained huge fighting amps in a short period of time, but still.

True but not everyone potential for growth is the same. Like didn’t Ao say he’d never reach the strength of the ten tails no matter how much he trained or something like that?

Limitless Code < Isshiki >>>>> Naruto and Sasuke

Tbh I doubt Naruto and Sasuke's showing against Isshiki warrants a downscaling because they just get no diffed.

That might be best saved for another thread, there may be sumn in the works that makes the gap between Uzuhiko tier and the rest less wide. I don’t really see this going anywhere atm outside an attempt to get Naruto and Sasuke to planetary for their sake.

That might be best saved for another thread, there may be sumn in the works that makes the gap between Uzuhiko tier and the rest less wide. I don’t really see this going anywhere atm outside an attempt to get Naruto and Sasuke to planetary for their sake.
I'm fine with that but perhaps we could get a staff vote just in case it doesn't require arguing

You could also argue Isshiki held back against Naruto and Sasuke as his body couldn't handle his power.

We see Sasuke react to him in base despite Isshiki greatly outscaling even his susanoo and later ******** on him. Hell Isshiki even hurt a weakened Baryon mode Naruto with 5 minutes left to live and Sasuke still couldn't do anything to him at that point so I find it unlikely that they would scale to him without baryon mode.

You could also argue Isshiki held back against Naruto and Sasuke as his body couldn't handle his power.

We see Sasuke react to him in base despite Isshiki greatly outscaling even his susanoo and later ******** on him. Hell Isshiki even hurt a weakened Baryon mode Naruto with 5 minutes left to live and Sasuke still couldn't do anything to him at that point so I find it unlikely that they would scale to him without baryon mode.
What's being argued here is Naruto and Sasuke downscaling from Isshiki rather than scaling right to him.

A 59.4 ZT character would still get absolutely demolished by a 600 ZT character. Though I don't think there's enough evidence that warrants scaling NaruSasu up there.

In regard to Naruto and Sasuke, I mean… their feats in the dimension Boruto took them to, warrants a greater discussion.
Narratively, there’s a clear distinction in power between Jigen and Isshiki so much enough that Shikamaru states a being that far surpasses Jigen is still infact below Isshiki, but the difference being large enough to be thousands of times below the latter is absurd

Well, as arc said there might (usopp laugh) be a revision to close in the distance which would make the meta a whole lot more comprehensible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back