• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros ap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening, This is for a possible upgrade of Boros, after rereading One punch man and rereading the information sheets, I think that Boros has well and truly the Planetary level or more

You have to explain why
I begin, first of all here is what boros will do to the earth according to the main canons
Webcomic : 貴様もろとも星の表面を消し飛ばしてやろう。(surface, Hyōmen)

Manga : 貴様もろとも星の表面を消し飛ばしてやろう。 (same)

Anime :貴様もろともこの星を消し飛ばしてやろう。doesn't say surface

I begin, first of all here is what boros will do to the earth according to the main canons
Webcomic : 貴様もろとも星の表面を消し飛ばしてやろう。(surface, Hyōmen)

Manga : 貴様もろとも星の表面を消し飛ばしてやろう。 (same)

There are 4 counter arguments to this
1) Boros states that he would destroy SAITAMA AND THE PLANET SURFACE. Saitama is included here and it has a definite durability and the attack was more focused on it, which means more focal power pointed at Saitama, which would lead to the assumption that the attack is higher than the planet's surface.

2) Just because he said he would destroy something doesn't mean that nothing else will be destroyed. For example, if I say I will destroy this room with an energy blast and end up destroying the whole house, it still means that the room is destroyed. The same thing could apply here.

3) This could simply be a return to Boros' power

4) Here Boros says "I will release all my energy and wipe you and your kind off the face of the planet" so Boros is saying that his attack is to wipe the HUMANS off the face of the planet, so Boros is not saying that he will destroy the surface of the planet but that he will wipe the HUMANS off the surface of the planet and the humans are living where? On the surface of the planet.
So Boros's words are not intended to indicate the power of his attack but only to say that all living beings will be erased after his attack (
what can be affirmed by retaining what boros has assumed representative of this planet and therefore the protector of humanity in other words )

There are 4 counter arguments to this
1) Boros states that he would destroy SAITAMA AND THE PLANET SURFACE. Saitama is included here and it has a definite durability and the attack was more focused on it, which means more focal power pointed at Saitama, which would lead to the assumption that the attack is higher than the planet's surface.

2) Just because he said he would destroy something doesn't mean that nothing else will be destroyed. For example, if I say I will destroy this room with an energy blast and end up destroying the whole house, it still means that the room is destroyed. The same thing could apply here.

3) This could simply be a return to Boros' power

4) Here Boros says "I will release all my energy and wipe you and your kind off the face of the planet" so Boros is saying that his attack is to wipe the HUMANS off the face of the planet, so Boros is not saying that he will destroy the surface of the planet but that he will wipe the HUMANS off the surface of the planet and the humans are living where? On the surface of the planet.
So Boros's words are not intended to indicate the power of his attack but only to say that all living beings will be erased after his attack (
what can be affirmed by retaining what boros has assumed representative of this planet and therefore the protector of humanity in other words )
to come back to the power of his attack, we have no more precision except for the information guide, which confirms that Boros is going to destroy the earth, the information guide takes into account the context and only serves as a description and precision to the scene and has been reconfirmed

Here Boros says "I will release all my energy and wipe you and your kind off the face of the planet"
He does not say your kind in that sentence at all:
Boros states that he will fire all of his energy and blast away Saitama and the Surface of the Earth. He even uses together with, meaning he's referring to both separately.
You are correct. The anime changed his dialogue and makes it planetary. But... well that's the anime and not the main canon.
to come back to the power of his attack, we have no more precision except for the information guide, which confirms that Boros is going to destroy the earth,
The kanji used for that move is 破滅 which means ruin in the figurative sense as in "War has ruined this country". The guidebook can back either a High 6-A or a 5-B rating because of the vague usage of the word chosen, which is why the 5-B rating was removed originally.
You actually left out this part of the interview
Suzuki: Whenever it was necessary to add original elements for the story to fit into the 12 episode slots, it was very helpful to able to directly ask permission at the moment. Also, I think it was during the first meeting, Mr ONE said, “I want things I say to not always necessarily interpreted as correct.” I was very grateful for hearing that during the creative process.
In the Compus guide ONE also says he let them make any changes they wanted as long as Saitama and the tone of the series were not changed. Its why they can't be applied to manga canon profiles.

So in the end I disagree with a 5-B or 4-C upgrade for Boros. We actually have a rule regarding this.

Il ne dit pas du tout votre espèce dans cette phrase :
Boros déclare qu'il utilisera toute son énergie et fera exploser Saitama et la surface de la Terre. Il utilise même avec, ce qui signifie qu'il fait référence aux deux séparément.

Vous avez raison. L'anime a changé son dialogue et le rend planétaire. Mais ... eh bien, c'est l'anime et non le canon principal.

Le kanji utilisé pour ce mouvement est 破滅 qui signifie ruine au sens figuré comme dans "La guerre a ruiné ce pays". Le guide peut soutenir une note élevée 6-A ou 5-B en raison de l'utilisation vague du mot choisi, c'est pourquoi la note 5-B a été supprimée à l'origine.

Vous avez en fait omis cette partie de l'interview

Dans le guide Compus, ONE dit également qu'il les a laissés faire les changements qu'ils voulaient tant que Saitama et le ton de la série n'étaient pas changés. C'est pourquoi ils ne peuvent pas être appliqués aux profils canon manga.

Donc, au final, je ne suis pas d'accord avec une mise à niveau 5-B ou 4-C pour Boros. Nous avons en fait une règle à ce sujet.
Je vois, merci pour la confirmation et pour votre réponse, pourriez-vous aussi voir mon fil sur Blast ?

I mean, I can check out your Blast thread if you want to link it.

Discordo, no catálogo de heróis, o ataque de Lord Boros também é tratado em nível de planeta:

Dizia-se que o ataque evaporou e destruiu a terra.

[]
[]

Genos afirma que se não fosse por Saitama-sensei, a terra poderia ter sido destruída.

[]

A mesma coisa acontece no anime. (Desculpe, só encontrei em português)

[]

Além disso, não há nada mais canônico, pois animes, mangás e Web Comics são tratados como Canon, e devemos considerar o que há de mais recente, que é o anime. O que você acha?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back