• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boba Fett vs Ruby Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boba is definitely the superior to Jango imo, By Antoine Bandele

Jango traded strikes with Obi Wan However he lost the exchange. Boba didn't trade strikes with Vader. Did you not see the link I sent you? He blocked one strike then ran away and got force pushed into a wall. He lost. Also Vader punching a nevermore wouldn't happen. Nevermore's are birds. Birds fly. Vader isn't dumb, he wouldn't for pull a nevermore just to punch it and the nevermore would survive. A force punch won't kill a high level grimm. And did you forget Vader and Boba are to complelety seperate individuals? Vader being the definite stronger of the two. You act as if Vader lost to Boba when he did nothing but dominate him. And the whole Obi Wan trading strikes with Jango thing, Jedi aren't h2h fighters. They're saber wielders.

If a missile fires dirrectly at Boba's head he isn't gonna see through the dust instantly. And he isn't gonna no sell an expolisive bullet to the face. He is gonna fall on his back where Ruby can just keep shooting him.

Of course Mace Windu, Obi Wan Kenobi and Vader would crush Ruby in a duel. They are trained with lightsabers. Boba Fett is neither a Jedi, Sith, anyone of the gigantic powerhouses you listed, or a force wielder. He delt with Obi Wan when his Dad was the one fighting him. And once again he lost against Vader (read the link I sent you)

She isn't going to burn with aura. She won't feel the pain and she won't catch flame. Remember in RWBY Volume 3, Episode 7. when it was Cinders team of herself, Emerald and Mercury were fighting Amber? Remember when Mercury was burned but wasn't hurt or burning? I sure do! So yes you're point on how "aura won't dissipate the fire.", it does

Not necessarily. I brought that up in my original comment if you read it and like I said before and I'm saying now. " I also believe that in the fight Boba would disarm Ruby from Crescent Rose multiple times and deplete her aura whilst she runs for her weapon." -My original comment." Ruby's semblance will let her get to her weapon before Boba can do anything. Ruby Vs. Mercury. RWBY Volume 3, Episode 9. Ruby tries to run past Mercury who kicks her. Why can he do this? Well first of all he's better than Boba Fett at h2h combat but second of all he watched Ruby for a good year. Boba Fett in the fight just met her. You think he's gonna know what she'll do or have the abilities a Jedi / Sith would have to stop her? No they wouldn't.

Boba Fett isn't Vader. Stop bringing up Vader. I debunked what you said about Vader trading blows with Boba Fett in my last comment. Please pay attention to what I am saying. This is a disscussion. Disscussion's require both parties to listen to one and other. I'm reading everything you say and I retort. Please do the same. This is what arguments are. Listening and rebuddling.

No actually Cinder could beat Vader in circumstances. Also Boba Fett isn't Vader. Vader is weak to lightning. Cinder is a Maiden. Maiden's specialize in the elements including lightning. Cinder is strong enough to elbow a more than likely olympian (Pyrrha) across an entire room. She's also strong enough to break out of gears that are attacking her like magnets. Vader can't due that. He can force push the gears away but whose to say they wouldn't come back? He is not as agile as Cinder. He is in a suit were breathing is a issue. Also Boba Fett isn't Vader. I feel like I haven't said that enough. Also he was not giving a fight. The comics I linked you to were Canon & Non-Canon. The one were Boba gets handed his head is Canon. The one were he throws a bomb and still loses is Non-Canon.

It isn't allowed in this battle your right. Silver eyes are agaisnt the rules thats why she has dust ammo. Which also only means standard layout. Boba Fett's lightsaber that he barely used is not his standard loadout. Just like Ruby using Penny's sword which I also included in my first comment does not count. You can't have one character using a specialized loadout while the other only gets standard equipment that just not a fair fight. And Ruby didn't beat Cinder. She beat the dragon forcing Cinder to flee. Which is a hell of a lot more Ruby did than Boba supposalby ever did to Vader.

That was very close combat hence lightsabers. You can't use lightsabers at range unless you just chuck it at someone. Vader only used the force when Boba left the Cantina because Boba lost the duel. And if Boba truly is helpless when it comes to Vader's force abilities then that negates everything you said about them being equal.

Boba is more ruthless than Ruby and has a better tactical mind than her but ruthlessness doesn't matter when you're both fighting each other to the death. Tactics however do matter but like I said in my original comment that I'm starting to doubt you didn't read, It's a plain grass field. There isn't much stealth or traps you can lay out. Also in Boba Fett's standard loadout he doesn't have any landmines = no traps.

Boba's feats are superior to Jango's on the whole.

Blocking a strike is tradeing strikes dude. Also Jedi are extensively trained at H2H.

The same is to be said for Ruby.

He still held his own in close combat, which proves he could match Ruby.

Fair point.

Mercury is nowhere close to Boba Fett. Feat wise Boba's fighting record is better than Mercury's and he is better trained and has had more teachers. Plus Mercury is only competent in most fields. He's only good at kicking. Boba is a master of many H2H fighting skills since he was trained by a mando. And again, Boba could easily destroy Ruby's scythe since he has a lightsaber.

You. Debunked. Nothing. All you said was that Vader is far above Boba and that he didn't trade strikes with him. 1st off no one is arguing Boba is equal to Vader, 2nd off if you block a strike from someone, be it blocking a strength based blade attack with another strength based bladelock or block someones punch, you are trading strikes with them.

Just. *******. No. Cinder doesn't know lightning and even if she did Vader can deflect lightning with his lightsaber, his suit has insulators that Cinder could never hope to overload since she's a joke next to a lifewiper like Palpatine. And Vader could easily send Pyrrha flying and he's actually thrown people across vaster distances (Platform > Room) with less effort (He manhandled Starkiller during their fight once). And yes, Vader can break out of the gears via telekinesis and if they come back he can hold them in place since his telekinesis is far superior to Pyrrha's. He is more agile than Cinder when he uses the force to move his cybernetics as he can actually display great amounts of agility when he wants to, he simply prefers strength based attacks. And Boba actually does have the lightsaber with him at all times in case he goes against a melee opponent. Most of his opponents are gunmen so he uses guns himself because it's the logical choice. You said Ruby beat Cinder. And we don't know if Cinder fled. And for the last time I never said Boba beat Vader, I simply said contending with a small island level character is far more impressive than beating a MCB one.

Boba doesn't need to chuck the lightsaber when he has a gun. I never said Boba was equal to Vader overall, I just said he contended with him in close combat. Contending doesn't mean beating and Close Combat means lightsabers and fistfighting, not using magical or strange abilities like heart-grabs.

They're still in-character. And tactics can still be used in a grass field. And Boba does have landmines since certain grenades double as such and as such double as traps.

I know Boba is superior to Jango, thats what I said.

Yes some Jedi are trained in h2h combat not every jedi is taught it. Only the knights of the old republic (which they are not) and some special jedi (such as mace windu, who you DID mention) know it. Obi Wan Kenobi doing close combat is not a thing. The most he's done was agaisnt Grevious were he tore open his chest. Thats not close combat in the sence of martial arts (which is what the other jedi / boba) do. It's just opening a ribcage. Literally just opening a ribcage.

Trading strikes is the act of trading blows. As in punch for a punch. In the Boba V Vader fight, Boba didn't trade a single strike. He blocked once then tried to get away.

"Fair Point" Which one? Thanks anyways

You're right. Mercury's better. Like in my original comment you don't challenge someone at what they're good at. Mercury's good at close combat. Boba Fett's good at being a tactician. If you want to talk about extensive training, Mercury was "Born in a nightmare; a murder's son" He was trained by a father who beat him, was an assassin, was apparently good at it enough to get recruited by Cinder, and was famed for murder's. Mercury even possibly had his legs cut off by his Marcus and replaced by prosthetic metal ones. Mercury's metal legs are capable of stopping a 300 something pound man from jumping some odd feet in the air and blocking it like nothing. In the same fight he single handedly defeated the strongest beacon team we saw like childsplay while holding back. He also found out Pyrrha Nikos' Semblance in about a minute just because his strike didn't land. If he knows someones semblance just because he missed a single kick, do you really think that Boba Fett is God Tier compared to Merc? Nope. Mercury killed his father, a famed killer. He killed Tukson then joked about it after. He brought Yang to her very point before he wasn't allowed to hit her or else he would win the fight (which was against the plan) and he hasn't even gone full out yet. In his fight with Amber he was dodging her lightning, he shrugged off getting burnt to a crisp and he killed a bunch of white fang members right after his fight. And Boba Fett, what? Killed some Jedi? How do we know it was h2h? Were those Jedi extensivly trained in h2h? Did Boba Fett cheat in anyway? We don't know. In a fight between the two, without Mercury using his semblance (which we don't even know yet) and without Boba using his guns, who would win? Mercury. His legs are weapons. He has aura. He is trained in more h2h than Boba. You brought up a point on how Merc doesn't use his fists. How do you know? Because he hasn't used them in his fights? Maybe because his legs are metal and have bullets. He could very well be as good with his hands as he is with his feet. But why would he use them when his feet are purely robotic? Spent to much time on Mercury so next point.

Yes. You are. You keep saying "-Equal or Superior to Jango Fett who traded strikes with Obi-Wan Kenobi. Has traded strikes with Darth Vader who is multi-city block." &"-Boba has dealt with close combat in the form of jedi who are far more skilled than Ruby, including Mace Windu, Obi Wan Kenobi, and the Jedi-Turned-Sith Vader" which is saying they are equivalent.

There it is again saying trading strikes but now you're talking about the saber battle. They didn't trade strikes. It was pure domination. Boba blocked a single strike then ran with his tail tucked between his legs. He lost in the worst way.

How do you know she doesn't know lightning? She just got her full maiden powers and we didn't see her fight with Ozpin were she most likely didn't use it because they were in a closed space. Then in her battle with Pyrrha, why wouldn't she use her fire? It's what she knows. The maiden powers use all elements. Cinder is a maiden. HOW THE **** WOULDN'T SHE KNOW. It comes with the job. If you work at a McDonalds they aren't gonna give you 1/5 of the ingredients. WHY. WOULD. THEY. If Cinder's a maiden (Which she is) why would she not know how to use one of the main abilities. Thats stupid. Palpatine's not stronger than regular lightning. Why would it be. When he fired lightning into his own face, why was his face slowly melting? If it was traditional lightning (I.E. Amber/Cinder) he would've just died. Jedi's are powered by the force but not the the extent of Aura. Aura is built as a forcefield. The force is built as a weapon/slight illusion. Once again, like the case with Mercury and Boba Fett, you don't beat someone at their own game. Aura's game being a forcefield. The force being telekinesious.

Now to agrue that Cinder could beat Vader. Sideous' lightning wasn't used on Vader. Sideous' lightning could shut down Vader. And yes Vader can use force lightning, but it harms him more then the person he intends to harm. And saying Vader could hit Pyrrha is absurd. Pyrrha is the one character in RWBY (besides Maidens and Silver Eyed Huntmen) that would kill Vader in a second. To say 'Vader could easily send Pyrrha flying and he's actually thrown people across vaster distances" is b.s. She could A) make him into a toaster B) send him into space C) Do what you said to him D) Make him her pet.

"Boba doesn't need to chuck the lightsaber when he has a gun." Ruby can easily dodge bullets with her semblance. You really think he's gonna get a shot on her? Whose to say she won't split into the seperate parts like she did in the RWBY Volume 4 Trailer. Also if he did take out the lightsaber which you claim is in his standard loadout, why wouldn't Ruby just semblance back a few feet, take out her sniper rifle, and shoot an explosion to his face. Small sniper bullets are harder to block then plasma beams and Boba Fett doesn't know how to block a bullet. He hasn't trained in that Saber form. He hasn't trained in any saber form. He'd just get shot in the neck by a regular bullet and that would be that. Ruby's proved herself to be a good shot in her fights and has proved she can easily snipe a target as she does in the Vytal Festival and to Grimm.

Finally the thing you said about the traps. He doesn't have any. If he drops a bomb in the grass it will explode. Ruby won't unwittingly step on it nor will it detonate at a specific time. It'll blow up and nothing will be made from it.

To extend my eighth point on how Aura defending you is stronger than the force defending you. I'm going to use the Anakin Obi Wan fight in episode 3 as my example. When the final sequence happend, Anakin under estimated his jump and paid for it with his legs and arms, he wouldn't have lost them. Instead it would be the turning point of the match. He would have still had his limbs and would've continued his fight. Now lets say that didn't happen and Anakin still lost his limbs and tumbled into the lava. Anakin would NOT have been burnt like he had he would've been fine (minus the missing limbs). But again with aura he wouldn't have lost his limbs in the first place. So yes Aura is a better forcefield than the Force. Just wanted to expand on my point.

The force can be used to create barriers much stronger than aura and there's no proof aura would protect you from a sword that ignores.

And if you think Pyrrha could beat Vader you are seriously uninformed. Vader would just atomize her with to or speedblitz her. Pyrrha can't alter machinery, isn't powerful enough break his telekinetic barrier or send him into space, and Vader easily crush her heart or brain, bypassing aura, the end. Vader would solo RWBY casually and he's literally over a hundred times stronger then the silver eyes ATM.

Boba would dodge the sniper bullet since he can dodge lasers which dwarf sniper speeds. Also who's to say Boba doesn't Ruby forst

He ran because he knew Vader could easily kill him in a fight

Boba does carry mines and other things like thermal detonators. He comes overequipped in most situations.

I'm not even going to bother with the other points since it comes across as either being a rwby fanboy or complete T ignorant on Star Wars. Seriously. Cinder is a bitch compared to Sidious and nothing more.

AsianAntics said:
Now to agrue that Cinder could beat Vader. Sideous' lightning wasn't used on Vader. Sideous' lightning could shut down Vader. And yes Vader can use force lightning, but it harms him more then the person he intends to harm. And saying Vader could hit Pyrrha is absurd. Pyrrha is the one character in RWBY (besides Maidens and Silver Eyed Huntmen) that would kill Vader in a second. To say 'Vader could easily send Pyrrha flying and he's actually thrown people across vaster distances" is b.s. She could A) make him into a toaster B) send him into space C) Do what you said to him D) Make him her pe
Okay, now this I can't ignore. I'm laughing way too hard right now. Cinder can't beat Vader, much less see him. That will never happen. Same for Pyrrha. Battle starts....wait, is she already cut in half from Vader's lightsaber moving at Rev speed? Pyrrha beating Vader? Never going to happen.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
^Considering speed equalization could change that.
Doesn't change the fact his AP is way higher than hers by astronomical amounts. And he can just choke her to death and she can't do a thing

Drellix said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
^Considering speed equalization could change that.
Doesn't change the fact his AP is way higher than hers by astronomical amounts. And he can just choke her to death and she can't do a thing

His armor is metal and much weaker, and her magnetism can affect it

She has to touch it. And force barrier's give him higher Durability
She didn't touch the gears when she used them against Cinder, and it only creates a force barrier around him, it doesnt change the durability of the armor itself

WeeklyBattles said:
She didn't touch the gears when she used them against Cinder
Thing is, the building collapsed all around them. I would be surprised if she didn't touch them while accidently while everything was falling down.

Drellix said:
WeeklyBattles said:
She didn't touch the gears when she used them against Cinder
Thing is, the building collapsed all around them. I would be surprised if she didn't touch them while accidently while everything was falling down.
While I am neutral here. You cannot assume she did if she was shown not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back