• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach - Speed Ratings For God Tiers

But gin's goal was to scare Ichigo, why would he pick a number that's far slower than either of them?

TataHakai said:
Gin probably lied about it being mach 500 but the fact that Gin thought mach 500 was a formidable number should probably be something to be considered, in my opinio
Why does this matter if again whatever he stated was completely rejected here? it's not an argument against the calc unless it's accepted. This would be like me using Gazelleman from One-Piece to deny feats.

TataHakai said:
But gin's goal was to scare Ichigo, why would he pick a number that's far slower than either of them?
Really don't think this matters since the author never went through the massive efforts everyone here is going through to quantify their speed. It's just a case of an author not knowing just how powerful his characters are.

For the most part, I'm pretty sure the only thing that matters in these kinds of cases in the calculation of the character's speed and not how fast the author says the characters are. I'm pretty sure Toaru has a similar kind of issue where the author says "X moved at the speed of sound" (or something along those lines) but the calculated speed of the character puts him/her at Massively Hypersonic or something. Most often times, the authors just don't know the strength of their character because I'm quite sure they don't care about taking the time to measure and scale them like we do.

TataHakai said:
ichigo doesn't know how fast he is , not in precise numbers at least. , i mean , do you instinctively know how fast you are?

to him , a slightly above average highschooler in smarts , 500 time the speed of sound must sound incredibly impressive

come to think about it : gin just claps,and says his sword is 500 times faster

but shouldn't,like, the clap of MHS+ character be much faster than a speed of sound?

Pretty sure that after the clap he ask Ichigo if he heard that, meaning that he's talking about the sound/speed of sound.

Ovy7 said:
Pretty sure that after the clap he ask Ichigo if he heard that, meaning that he's talking about the sound/speed of sound.
if we are going full physics on this, how would any fictional hypersonic+ character sound IRL?

shouldn't their speech sound like high frequency "bzzzzzzz" noise?

i know authors ususally don't care about details like that,but im still curious

Honestly, I don't know. But this is a good question to ask someone who's more versed in physics.

@Peter

You forgot to add the key to Fullbring Shikai / Bankai Ichigo, since he is superior to Byakuya before training the royal guard and a trained Toshiro, while Byakuya was able to accompany As Nodt.

Back