• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach pre-time-skip upgrades (Sorry, by the way)

So since we don't have any feats we can't change him? That's what I thought but I still wanted to ask

How would Renji be too young and inexperienced? By the end of the series he becomes a full fledged adult and father....I doubt he would be the same as his younger counterpart after a drastic timeskip like that.

And if age really meant a thing here then Toshiro wouldnt even be a captain period unless he remained as an adult, Yachiru wouldnt become Kenpachi's assisant captain, etc. And arent all Soul Reapers except Ichigo at least 100+ years old?

Renji is now mature but we already said how he wants to serve under Byakuya. They most likely asked him to serve but he declined. Age isn't a factor but leadership and experience is. Toshiro is a great leader for his age and has shown great skills and experience on the battlefield (with the exception of when he gets angry). As for yachiru you should know that Kenpachi personally made her his lieutenant and probably would have killed someone if they didn't let him do it

Amlad22 said:
Renji is now mature but we already said how he wants to serve under Byakuya. They most likely asked him to serve but he declined. Age isn't a factor but leadership and experience is. Toshiro is a great leader for his age and has shown great skills and experience on the battlefield (with the exception of when he gets angry). As for yachiru you should know that Kenpachi personally made her his lieutenant and probably would have killed someone if they didn't let him do it
I know he wants to serve under Byakuya but by EoS why havent they ever at least shown Renji being selected as a candidate? Again, Ikkaku didnt want to become a captain, only serve under Kenpachi. The exact same thing we're saying for Renji is applied to Ikkaku and we were canonically shown Ikkaku turning down the offer regardless of the recommendations he has been given. And if they were willing to do that, then they should have done that for Renji as well given if he was that strong is my point.

He did??? Is that even allowed? I don't remember that part but since its been a while since i read the early part of Bleach so it might be me just being forgetful. Tho given how Yamamoto was still Captain-General of the time I doubt he'd let Kenpachi go around making a fuss of not deciding who his own Lieutenant would be without spanking him beforehand.

The fact that Iba was chosen to be a captain without having Bankai already shows that Renji should have been nominated. In fact, I doubt Lisa and Isane are as strong as Renji.

Kenpachi should have chosen Yachiru to be his lieutenant. They are always together so there's no way Kenpachi would agree for them to be separated. Yamamoto probably allowed it because of Kenpachi's immense potential. It was mentioned that Yamamoto stopped training Kenpachi after just one day.

Burning Full Fingers said:
The fact that Iba was chosen to be a captain without having Bankai already shows that Renji should have been nominated. In fact, I doubt Lisa and Isane are as strong as Renji.
The fact that Iba is a captain now means he does indeed have a bankai as it is a pre-requisite for attaining the position. And I agree that Iba, Lisa, Isane are definitely not as strong as Renji.

Kenpachi should have chosen Yachiru to be his lieutenant. They are always together so there's no way Kenpachi would agree for them to be separated.
Captains have the liberty to choose their own lieutenants it seems. We saw Ukitake choose Kaien Shiba, Kensei was allowed to keep two as was Kyoraku, Shinji personally chose Aizen as his lieutenant in order to keep an eye on him, Aizen was stated to have personally chosen Ichimaru as his lieutenant.

Soldier Blue said:
Kenpachi should have chosen Yachiru to be his lieutenant. They are always together so there's no way Kenpachi would agree for them to be separated.
Captains have the liberty to choose their own lieutenants it seems. We saw Ukitake choose Kaien Shiba, Kensei was allowed to keep two as was Kyoraku, Shinji personally chose Aizen as his lieutenant in order to keep an eye on him, Aizen was stated to have personally chosen Ichimaru as his lieutenant.
This is correct. Stop the unnecessary wall of text. Keep it to a minimum.

Well Bankai actually isnt a '''''requirement''''' to become a Captain more of a neccessity or something to furthter help you get the positiion. The fact Kenpachi could ever become a captain without a shikai or bankai proves so

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Well Bankai actually isnt a requirement to become a Captain more of a neccessity or something to furthter help you get the positiion. The fact Kenpachi could ever become a captain without a shikai or bankai proves so
There are three different ways to become a Gotei 13 captain

1. To take the captain proficiency test which requires the ability to perform the bankai. Presumably, most Soul Reapers become captains using this method. At least three existing captains, including the Commander-General, have to witness the test.

2. To have personal recommendations from at least six captains and approval from at least three of the remaining seven.

3. To defeat a captain one-on-one with at least 200 witnesses from the captain's division. Kenpachi Zaraki is the only known captain to have achieved his rank using this method.

Back