• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Lifting Strength Revisions (Part 1 - Soul Society Arc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premise:

Months ago this calc made by @CloverDragon03 was accepted by @DemonGodMitchAubin but was never applied onto the verse page nor the profiles, this thread is going to rectify this problem by updating profiles which would scale to the new value while also adding the calc to the verse page.

Changes:

Here's a blog which contains the affected characters, their new rating and explanations for said rating, including scans and references to those who have them, if they don't have scans it means they're only "likely" assumed this level given their lack of lifting strength feats, but have the backing of consistent narrative and feat-based support which shows that people who have more Reiryoku than another are generally physically stronger than that person.

I'll even post the changes inside a "spoiler" box for the people who're too lazy to actually click the link and read the changes in the blog itself.

Ichigo Kurosaki (Pre-TS)

Class K (Casually caught the blade of Jidanbo's axe with Zangetsu, doing so with only one arm[1] [489268.87 kg])

Yoruichi Shihoin

Likely Class K (As a captain class Shinigami, Yoruichi should logically scale above Jidanbo in strength via possessing more Reiryoku then him, with Reiryoku being used to enhance one's physical capabilities, such as strength [489268.87 kg])

Suì-Fēng

Likely Class K (Clashed equally with Yoruichi's kick[1] [489268.87 kg])

Gin Ichimaru

Class K (Clashed equally with Shikai Ichigo[1], his Shikai is capable of overpowering both Ichigo and Jidanbo at the same time[1] [489268.87 kg])

Renji Abarai

Class K (Clashed equally with Ichigo while he was in Shikai[1], also clashed with and cancelled out a strike from Byakuya[2] [489268.87 kg])

Sajin Komamura

Class K (Caught an attack from Kenpachi Zaraki[1], is implied to be physically strong from Kenpachi's perspective[2], which is proven to be true in other canonical materials like databooks[3] [489268.87 kg])

Kaname Tōsen

Likely Class K (As a captain class Shinigami, Tosen should logically scale above Jidanbo in strength via possessing more Reiryoku then him, with Reiryoku being used to enhance one's physical capabilities, such as strength [489268.87 kg])

Shūhei Hisagi

Likely Class K (As a captain class Shinigami[1], Shuhei should logically scale above Jidanbo in strength via possessing more Reiryoku then him, with Reiryoku being used to enhance one's physical capabilities, such as strength [489268.87 kg])

Tōshirō Hitsugaya

Class K (Was able to restrain Gin Ichimaru with his ice[1] and chain[1] [489268.87 kg])

Kenpachi Zaraki

Class K (Casually clashed equally with Shikai Ichigo even before taking his eye-patch off[1], simultaneously blocked a combined attack from Sajin Komamura and Kaname Tosen[2], is implied to be one of the physically strongest captains within the entire Gotei 13[3] [489268.87 kg])

Ikkaku Madarame

Class K (Clashed relatively against Shikai Ichigo while in base[1] [489268.87 kg])

Mayuri Kurotsuchi

Likely Class K (As a captain class Shinigami, Mayuri should logically scale above Jidanbo in strength via possessing more Reiryoku then him, with Reiryoku being used to enhance one's physical capabilities, such as strength [489268.87 kg])

Zangetsu

Class K (Is physically stronger than Ichigo as he can clash with and eventually overpower Ichigo during their interaction[1] [489268.87 kg])

Shiba Ganju

Class K (Can physically fight on par with[1] and at times overpower Shikai Ichigo[1] [489268.87 kg])

But with this explained provided, let's get onto the discussion/voting phase of this thread.

Voting:

Agree - @IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 (Goober 1), @Arc7Kuroi (Goober 2), @Excel616, @Malekith, @zylieo, @LordTracer, @Dread, @Dalesean027, @Shadowbokunohero, @AnonymousBlank, @chosen

Disagree -

Neutral -

Last edited:
Seems alright, although in your blog, one of Toshiro’s references are broken and Yumichika’s section is blank.

one of Toshiro’s references are broken
That's because Toshiro's actual page already has references to that chapter already, i just made it so i wouldn't have to change any of the references when i add them to the profile, saves me from using more time and effort than what's needed.

Yumichika’s section is blank.
I couldn't find anything to scale Yumichika to the Class K value, which means i had to remove him from the blog.

Would Hisagi not scale as well since there is the statement of Iba and Hisagi being Captain level at the Kenny vs Tōsen and Sajin?

Other than that, I agree with the OP.

Well.... since i got two mods agreeing with my thread compared to zero disagreements, multiple non staff members agreeing as well, while neither mods or normal members disagree.

I believe i have enough support to apply these changes.

Well.... since i got two mods agreeing with my thread compared to zero disagreements, multiple non staff members agreeing as well, while neither mods or normal members disagree.

I believe i have enough support to apply these changes.
Yap, u got my consent. You can apply changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back