• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Discussion Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece could end up having the same thing done to them as Bleach's ending if their sales drop, but it's pretty unlikely that'l happen.

I don't know if it's true, but people have been saying that Bleach manga was repeatedly ranked last place in weekly ratings and that's why Kubo got axed.

^ unsurprisingly. If sales and ranking in Japan are bad, a series is at stake. What keeps a series running is the sales within Japan. That's why cliche harem series keep appearing with predictable scenarios, regardless of Western response

ScarletFirefly said:
I don't know if it's true, but people have been saying that Bleach manga was repeatedly ranked last place in weekly ratings and that's why Kubo got axed.
WSJ control where each manga is ranked in those weekly popularity ratings, they are clearly not ready to advertise or market bleach so of course they would put them last.

Bleach still sells way more than alot of these manga in the WSJ magazine combined. Sure it doesnt generate as much profit as the Soul Society days but it still generates a damn good amount of profit.

ScarletFirefly said:
Well toriko isn't on the top selling manga lists at this time, but it hasn't been axed as far as I know.

The Living Tribunal1 said:
Faisal Shourov said:
This is worse than naruto's ending. RIP Bleach
but at least this time, its not really kubo's fault, the magazine didnt give him another choice
Yeah but Kubo should've been smart about the pacing, he wasted too much time on monologues and hax description. How many people care about hax if the story is shit? He should've seen it coming. But yeah, WSJ are the massive pricks for axing the manga like this. No respect for fans of 15 years

^or a mangaka who worked for them for 15 years :/

but i must disagree, i read Toriko only BECAUSE i want more awesome mindblowing feats, its ridiculous powerlvls are awesome XD

GreatestSin said:
^or a mangaka who worked for them for 15 years :/
but i must disagree, i read Toriko only BECAUSE i want more awesome mindblowing feats, its ridiculous powerlvls are awesome XD
It's because Toriko has great pacing, you won't feel bored. Bleach fights were stretched out to the max in the Blood War arc, Worst part is, we couldn't even see full extent of Yhwach's abilities and he will likely remained banned forever.

We can describe his hax as an inconsistency because he should've predicted uryu will shoot him, but he didn't do anything to stop it.

theres plenty of theories such as it was because of Uryu's antithesis he didn't see it coming, but it's still stupid all the same.

KillitwithC4 said:
We can describe his hax as an inconsistency because he should've predicted uryu will shoot him, but he didn't do anything to stop it.
Clearly PIS, so that is obviously an outlier. And the "plot" reason is that he actually did see that future but Jugram also saw it when their powers swapped so when Yhwach awoke he assumed it was a dream.

Faisal Shourov said:
It's because Toriko has great pacing, you won't feel bored. Bleach fights were stretched out to the max in the Blood War arc, Worst part is, we couldn't even see full extent of Yhwach's abilities and he will likely remained banned forever.
cant deny that :(

i guess we should now start to make the final upgrades on bleach before new material shows up :)

When a cbaracter doesn't explain his ability in Bleach everyone goes nuts and when they do they think is stupid. XD Self dialog isn't worth it againts hax.

Perilouss said:
KillitwithC4 said:
Clearly PIS, so that is obviously an outlier. And the "plot" reason is that he actually did see that future but Jugram also saw it when their powers swapped so when Yhwach awoke he assumed it was a dream.
The thing he saw in a dream was ichigo cutting him, not uryu shooting him with an arrow.

apparently they are working to establish some new flagships i guess, the new flagships most likely include my hero academia
I also think OPM is assured to be a new torchbearer. Might already be.

HokageMangaVox said:
When a cbaracter doesn't explain his ability in Bleach everyone goes nuts and when they do they think is stupid. XD Self dialog isn't worth it againts hax.
Kubo uses too much poetry and back and forth satires while describing the hax. The hax are nothing complicated but those who aren't fans can find the long descriptions very annoying.

oh and isnt toriko next in line to be axed in this purge?
really? this sucks, what incredible storys do they have in store that makes them think toriko is worth offering for? they should give us at least a synopsis and maybe the first chapter in order for fans to give a review about their thoughts regarding the potential of each new story :/

well iirc my hero academia ratings atm are higher than toriko's

now yes, i can imagine that toriko and bleach are good stories, but sheisha sees things with a very business oriented view

so they axe series without trouble

imo, kondasha doesnt have that kind of an attitude overall (yes, it is business oriented, but not as much as sheuisha, and it doesnt as readily take dowwn its manga series)

^but it still sells well right? i knew boku no hero was seelling well, but toriko should still deserve a good ending, seeing a space arc with galaxy busting is my dream >_<

either way, we go off topic :(

KillitwithC4 said:
Perilouss said:
KillitwithC4 said:
The thing he saw in a dream was ichigo cutting him, not uryu shooting him with an arrow.
Still PIS regardless. the past like 3 chapters of bleach made zero sense. Its likely the uryu arrow was part of the dream but wasnt shown on screen or it would be basically a spoiler. I know the whole uryu arrow situation is suspicous af, but yhwach had to be taken down in 5 chapters in very short notice so not much we can do there.

Bleach got axed and it was still selling more than Toriko and Hero academia combine. Who is to say that they won't get axed as well. If not then is not jumps doing, is Kubo's fault.

HokageMangaVox said:
Bleach got axed and it was still selling more than Toriko and Hero academia combine. Who is to say that they won't get axed as well. If not then is not jumps doing, is Kubo's fault.
i think the terminations are more to do with establishing anew flagship which has potentials for more sails over the upcoming time periods

maybe that combined with jump getting tired of kubo dragging on and stretching on the final arc for like 4 years and still seeing no end in sight

Err. That makes no sense. Jump wants money. Why would they axe a series that has a stable income (and sells more then most series in Jump) for them and opt for a new series that might not ever make more than Bleach? Yeah I get that Bleach won't ever sell more then what it is already selling so they need a new hit, but axing it because it drags on isn't really the reason.

Anyways, all of this Kubo and Jump shit is all speculations. Until Kubo or Jump comes out and says something, we can only guess. Still, you can might guess what has happened. I mean Kubo and Jump don't get along in some of Kubo's interviews.

Edit: Also, IIRC, Naruto got a full color chapter for its "last chapter". Bleach has also been going on for nearly as along as Naruto and has made Jump plenty of money. But for its last chapter, they didn't even let it have a full color chapter. You can see that Jump doesn't give a **** about Bleach so that might be another reason for the axing and the rush in the last 6 chapters. Sigh.

It might also be because of Kubo's bad health.

Antvasima said:
It might also be because of Kubo's bad health.
if thats the case, then he could return to it and retcon the last few chapters with a longer set of chapters (when his health improves), the same way YK did with battle angel (the difference is, the battle angel retconned last few chapters for a much longer story which is still going on)

I don't know... It seems this last Bleach chapter has completely made the series get even more hate than it already has.

If you go to Bleach's subreddit, there are people commenting telling Kubo to kill himself or rot in hell. It was soo bad that the mods had to remove a lot of comments. The Japanese "fans" are also mad - but at the shippings that happened and has pictures of them burning and ripping apart Bleach volumes.

I don't think Jump will let Kubo do anything with Bleach anymore except that live-action movie.

And the chapter has not come out in japan yet. It comes out tomorrow. Didn't Kubo say that he sign a 10 year contract with Jump for the last arc? If that is true, then Kubo got tired of jump and decided to give the middle finger to everyone and leave.

HokageMangaVox said:
And the chapter has not come out in japan yet. It comes out tomorrow. Didn't Kubo say that he sign a 10 year contract with Jump for the last arc? If that is true, then Kubo got tired of jump and decided to give the middle finger to everyone and leave.
We dont see the terms of the contract though, it's very possible jump made it so they can end the contract on their terms not kubos.

And tbh its obvious as hell that jump axed bleach, the only thing missing is confirmation from kubo or jump themselves but that's unlikely to happen due to technicalities

Perilouss said:
HokageMangaVox said:
We dont see the terms of the contract though, it's very possible jump made it so they can end the contract on their terms not kubos.
And tbh its obvious as hell that jump axed bleach, the only thing missing is confirmation from kubo or jump themselves but that's unlikely to happen due to technicalities
But he can say it as soon as the contract ends, 5-6 yeras from now.

ScarletFirefly said:
10 years for the last arc? Jesus christ who takes this long to finish a manga arc?
....... * looks at Chimera Ant Arc *

........ * looks at "Boat Arc" *

.......Yeah, no one should take THAT long to finish one arc!

now yes, i can imagine that toriko and bleach are good stories, but sheisha sees things with a very business oriented view

imo, kondasha doesnt have that kind of an attitude overall (yes, it is business oriented, but not as much as sheuisha, and it doesnt as readily take dowwn its manga series)
I hope Bleach returns but fans in Japan are extremely pissed at Kubo right now. The series is prolly dead for good.

Faisal Shourov said:

I hope Bleach returns but fans in Japan are extremely pissed at Kubo right now. The series is prolly dead for good.
That's going to be a damn shame if this is how it ends after all these years. Disgusting doesn't even begin to describe how this series "conclusion" was handled. All of the never answered questions is torture. Urahara's fate is up in the air, Cyborg Kira, Yoruichi, Bankai's, Squad Zero, ect. My God.

Not because of the ending, but because Ichigo didn't end up with Rukia. What. The. Fack.

The shipping fans are cancer.

KuuIchigo said:
Not because of the ending, but because Ichigo didn't end up with Rukia. What. The. Fack.
The shipping fans are cancer.
They make the anime community look bad. So many things to talk about and they're worried about shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back