• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
unknown.png
IMG_4623.jpg

This scan is the cause of this
Limited Resistance to Extrasensory Perception when using Bringer Light (Using Bringer Light makes the user harder to sense)

And frankly I'm laughing my ass off and the lack of context that wanks this ability.

This is so loose and it is easy to leave up to misinterpretation.

However, the Arrancar's spiritual pressure seemed to waver momentarily, as though its moving essence were like a mirage or hologram, as though it were capturing him in an optical illusion.
It's sonido. It's a method of movement unique to Arrancars that allows them to slip past our and other Hollows' spiritual pressure senses.
The high-speed movement possible through Fullbring enabled control over the reishi dormant in the ground and the power to increase the ability to move itself. Unlike shunpo, it would disturb the surrounding spiritual pressure to a minimal degree and could be said to be similar to sonido (which is why I quoted the sonido quote above) in that it was covert and allowed one to take an opponent by surprise.
This is supported in the manga, as they say they draw the soul out of the ground to propel themselves. Read the basic knowledge of all Fullbringer Abilities.

The scan is basically saying that it disturbs the soul based energy around them.

This is not a resistance to extrasensory perception.

This should be
Limited Resistance to Soul Based Extrasensory Perception when using Bringer Light (On top of amplifying speed, Bringer Light manipulates the spiritual pressure surrounding the user, making it hard for others to sense the user's soul)

Sure, that makes sense to add the additional context there.

Thanks then, I'll add it

From my knowledge these are the characters that use bringer light

I don't ever recall Chad or Orihime using it

Hikone uses a combination of Sonido and BL and the others for their Hoho, so they’d just keep the benefits of Sonido listed on their cuz that’s their best Hoho contributor, aka Hikone’s abilities won’t change, but if you want if you could denote that Bringer Light only fuddles with soul perception.

Hikone uses a combination of Sonido and BL and the others for their Hoho, so they’d just keep the benefits of Sonido listed on their cuz that’s their best Hoho contributor, aka Hikone’s abilities won’t change, but if you want if you could denote that Bringer Light only fuddles with soul perception.
Ichigo used Sonido in war Arc. So his profile shouldn't be affected.

We can add for Hikone that last part and they can get a statement that says they resist it plus they resist soul based sensing as well. Best of both worlds.

Should we remove Bringer Light from Orihime? Since she's never used it, and from my knowledge she has no experience with it?

We can add for Hikone that last part and they can get a statement that says they resist it plus they resist soul based sensing as well. Best of both worlds.
That works

Should we remove Bringer Light from Orihime? Since she's never used it, and from my knowledge she has no experience with it?
Can’t say I remember seeing her use it either, but it would be weird for her not to know a basic Fullbring technique, should we give her a possibly on the notion she should be capable of using it?

If it's stated she mastered it, then she'd get it altogether. No reason for a likely when that's quite blatant.

If Chad's stated to master it as well, he'd get it as well. if it's an implication but no statement, likely. If neither, possibly.

Both of them have fully realized Fullbrings, I don’t know if it’s outright stated, but at bare minimum it’s heavily implied. I’m fine with a likely if it’s not outright stated.

They'll get likelys until/unless they get/have statements then

Adding for everyone else, I'll need Ichigo unlocked

Can’t say I remember seeing her use it either, but it would be weird for her not to know a basic Fullbring technique, should we give her a possibly on the notion she should be capable of using it?

We generally shouldn't just assign techniques / powers to characters on the basis of it being within their capability to learn it.

We generally shouldn't just assign techniques / powers to characters on the basis of it being within their capability to learn it.
It’s based on the scan Deceived sent where it states that use of Bringer Light is indicative of mastering your Fullbring, and Chad and Orihime are implied to have mastered Fullbrings, which in turn implies they can use BL.

Back