• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Bankai General Discussion Thread #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not Ichibei absorbing an attack. That's just him crushing it between his hands.

Damage3245 said:
That's not Ichibei absorbing an attack. That's just him crushing it between his hands.
Wut??I don't see any sign of something being crushed,it only shows being absorbed as it goes slimly inside ichibei's palms

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
That's not being absorbed, it even shows the ability being shattered into sharp shattered parts. He clearly crushed it.
The scan clearly shows ichibei absorbing it,why are you guys ignoring that,and he didn't crush it,that's not how something is shown to be crushed, the fact all of them enters into ichibei palms in a slime like figure and vanishes into thin air,proves he absorbed it.

Because the state of Bleach on the wiki is a mess and we have millions of things to go through, but everything with time. We've made a lot of CRTs the past 2 months that are being evaulated now.

Danny, trust me, he's not absorbing Yhwach's attack. He's crushing all of the Reishi beams between his hands. It's just a casual demonstration of his power.

Damage3245 said:
Danny, trust me, he's not absorbing Yhwach's attack. He's crushing all of the Reishi beams between his hands. It's just a casual demonstration of his power.
But that's not what he did tho,the attack moves inside ichibei's palm in a swirly like figure,when someone crushes something, it doesn't swirl like that,then the attack completely vanishes as shown in ichbei's palm as shown in the scan,all this proves absorption and not crushing,why are we ignoring it tbh.

No one is ignoring anything, you're overthinking this. There is no absorption being done, shown nor stated. An attack is fired at Ichibei, it focuses to one point, he crushes it between his palms, shattered bits of energy appear and flakes come off his palms.

It's honestly very obvious he crushed it.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
No one is ignoring anything, you're overthinking this. There is no absorption being done, shown nor stated. An attack is fired at Ichibei, it focuses to one point, he crushes it between his palms, shattered bits of energy appear and flakes come off his palms.
It's honestly very obvious he crushed it.
Just found this, thought it was funny.

5709e11f4b76236890390ad9da81d1b8

question should ichibei have every kido? seeing how he named them all? my guess is he would know 90% of them imo

No. Naming them / knowing their names doesn't guarantee that he can use them all unless we had some kind of supporting statement saying that he could use them all.

I wouldn't doubt he can use them all honestly, but to argue he'd use them in-character is not happening.

Kido are ranked by difficulty and possibly power with some feats and statements given to us, knowing a certain level would mean you know the Kido below in my book.

Yeah. It has been made abundantly clear that the higher the Kido number, the greater their power and also difficulty of mastery (with levels 80s and 90s Kido being especially difficult to master even for Captain levels). If you can use Kido of a certain number, you should without a doubt be able to use all of the Kido below that number.

I don't think we can rightly scale abilities that way, right? Wouldn't we need to know that they only learn Kido is in a specific order from 1 to 99, with no skipping any of them?

Isn't that like assuming every Shinobi in Naruto can do all Jutsu below a certain difficulty level?

Jutsu are entirely different than Kido though. Jutsu have Chakra Control, Shape Control and Nature Control. Rasengan was an A Rank Jutsu because of it's Shape Transformation only. Howevever, Naruto couldn't do a B Rank Jutsu that is based on Nature Change.

Kido are inherently scaled that way with what we are given.

Kido have different levels, yeah... but how do we know for a fact that somebody who knows Kido #3 is going to know Kido #2?

I feel like we'd be making too many assumptions and we'd have to give characters a load more abilities than what they've demonstrated?

Kido are labeled by level of difficulty and power from what we are given. so knowing Kido 3 would mean you can perform 2 since it is easier to cast. There aren't complex mechanics to it like for a Jutsu.

Why would Kido 2 being easier to cast mean you know it automatically after learning Kido 3?

I'm not arguing that characters cannot learn Kido, or that if they have demonstrated Kido that they shouldn't have it on their profiles... I'm saying that it cannot simply be assumed that because they can use one Kido, they can use every other Kido of a lower level.

Once again, I am not disputing that being an expert in Kido means you can't use Kido; I am saying you can't just assume they know every single Kido. Instead it is better to go with the abilities they have demonstrated or been implied to have.

Damage3245 said:
Once again, I am not disputing that being an expert in Kido means you can't use Kido; I am saying you can't just assume they know every single Kido. Instead it is better to go with the abilities they have demonstrated or been implied to have.
We're not saying they should know every single Kido if they are skilled in Kido. We're saying that if someone uses a certain numbered Kido, all those below that number should be within their capabilities.

Isn't that more or less the same thing? I don't think it's ever been stated in the series that if someone knows a Kido of a certain level that they can use all other Kido below that level, though I may be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back