• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Bankai General Discussion Thread 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is signs of Pulverization then I believe it's fair. Besides we don't know how big the actual damage would be since Yamamoto hopped in to contain the explosion

@Imade dude, there was vapour coming out of the crater Yama made just like in Chad's. You guys are saying Chad gets vaporization for the exact same thing Yama has. Yama has also shown other feats of vaporization with his regular flame attacks like against Driscoll. There's no reason his ultimate attack would become weaker.

https://**********.com/manga/Bleach/0395-014.png

Here is the scan where you can clearly see massive amounts of vapour. Much more than in Chad's feat which got accepted as vaporization for some reason.

You're ignoring the fact that the statement for the attack says it will turn the town to ashes, which isn't vaporization. That's pulverization.

The feat is EXACTLY the same as Chad's. One statement of turning something to ash shouldn't outweigh the multiple other points that you've chosen to ignore. Such as Yama being much stronger than chad. His feat being drawn the exact same but with even more vapour, Yama showing other cases of vaporization with regular attacks that aren't his ultimate. There's more points supporting vaporization compared to one flimsy statement for pulverization that is debunked when looking at the bigger picture.

Amlad22 said:
The feat is EXACTLY the same as Chad's. One statement of turning something to ash shouldn't outweigh the multiple other points that you've chosen to ignore. Such as Yama being much stronger than chad. His feat being drawn the exact same but with even more vapour, Yama showing other cases of vaporization with regular attacks that aren't his ultimate. There's more points supporting vaporization compared to one flimsy statement for pulverization that is debunked when looking at the bigger picture.
Uhm..You do know that vaporized area is only because the explosion was contained and therefore it was cities worth of range of a explosion condensed into that area ?

Okay, Yama has other feats of vaporization, but this isn't one of those feats. It has a statement saying it wasn't going to vaporize, that it would pulverize.

You can't argue against this, this ability of Yama's isn't a vaporizing one, it's a pulverizing one.

Also, just because Yama can vaporize smaller objects or people doesn't translate to him being able to vaporize a larger object, that takes more energy and as we see with the feat, Yama wasn't going to vaporize.

This needs a thread of its own at this point. Since it seems to be about 50/50 on what end should be used with people agreeing and disagreeing left and right. I'll make one later in the day addressing the arguments for vaporization and pulverization. If you would like to summarize the pulverization points I'd appreciate it.

From what I can see you've got, the statement of Yama turning things to ash, the explosion was contained and his ultimate attack doesn't necessarily act the same as regular attacks?

the issue with yama is that his shikai normall does all the vapors... while bankai is more erasure.

That's true his Bankai erases anything it comes into contact with. More hax. His Shikai is what has been shown to vaporize things time and time again.

The main problem with this blog is that it assumes Yama-jii is going to make a hemispherical crater three times the size of Karakura. Just because he made a few dozen metre wide hemispherical crater while containing the blast, doesn't mean he can do so across an area dozens of kilometres in diameter.

Now Aizen stated that Yama-jii would destroy an area many times the size of Karakura. So it makes sense to use four times. It would make more sense to use three times if the word "few" was used.

Using surface destruction formula, and using 19500 m radius as low end and 26000 m radius as high end, we get results of 595 Megatons and 1.41 Gigatons.

However, this method is also flawed. Obviously completely incinerating an area of 39 to 52 km in diameter would require vastly greater energies.

Based on what we see I think it makes more sense to keep the hemisphere. But you do make good points. Also a minimum of 4x is likely a better value to use I agree.

Is there any better way to calc this other than the two methods we have as of right now?

Yes just like soldier said, many was the word used. Don't know why you're repeating the same thing again.

And we still have discussion on the second comment you made so I will leave it there.

There is no discussion on it really, complaining about it on a discussion thread won't do anything.

If you have an isse with the method of destruction agreed upon make a thread in the calc forum about it as to why it should be vaporization instead.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Also, it's not surface destruction, it's pulverization per the words of "turn to ash".
Which is why I noted that my quick calc is terribly flawed and thus not usable.

Shouldn't Yamamoto's profile say that he is the strongest Shinigami in over a Millenium including the likes of Hitsugaya who SAID that he couldn't use his powers while Yamamoto is in Bankai release because his fire > Hitsugaya's Ice? He already had mastered his adult form in the Fullbring arc time skip. Hitsugaya's Bankai was stolen at he beginning of the final arc and return to him before he was turn into a zombie. Later he was revive by Mayuri and was able to use his Adult Bankai for the first time publicly.

AppleLord said:
Shouldn't Yamamoto's profile say that he is the strongest Shinigami in over a Millenium including the likes of Hitsugaya who SAID that he couldn't use his powers while Yamamoto is in Bankai release because his fire > Hitsugaya's Ice? He already had mastered his adult form in the Fullbring arc time skip. Hitsugaya's Bankai was stolen at he beginning of the final arc and return to him before he was turn into a zombie. Later he was revive by Mayuri and was able to use his Adult Bankai for the first time publicly.
I don't think he ever said he mastered his adult bankai, especially since his adult Bankai comes when his Bankai matures and his body is forced to mature along with it

I don't think he ever said he mastered his adult bankai, especially since his adult Bankai comes when his Bankai matures and his body is forced to mature along with it

Not like that. I meant that Hitsugaya could already use that form before he stated that Yamamoto's reiatsu flames overpower and canceled his ice powers.

AppleLord said:
Not like that. I meant that Hitsugaya could already use that form before he stated that Yamamoto's reiatsu flames overpower and canceled his ice powers.

I think Hitsugaya only means his regular Bankai when he says he can't use it when Yamamoto is using his flames...Also he just had his Bankai stolen

Hitsugaya states clearly that he can't use Ice manipulation around Yamamoto's Bankai. Bankai Yamamoto > Adult Hitsugaya technique.

The following events took place in the story:

• Hitsugaya trained his Bankai in a cave before the Fullbring Arc started.
  • Hitsugaya didn't use Bankai in the Fullbring Arc.
  • Hitsugaya gets his Bankai stolen in the first invasion of the final arc.
  • Hitsugaya goes to train his Shikai.
  • Hitsugaya gets his Bankai back, one-shots Cang Du and falls unconscious.
  • Hitsugaya gets turned into a zombie by GIGI.
  • Hitsugaya releases Bankai against Mayuri BUT that's just a vision loop.
  • Hitsugaya gets defeated and cured by Mayuri.
  • Hitsugaya arrives to fight Gerard and uses Bankai for the second time in the final arc. (The loop vision doesn't count.)
  • Hitsugaya confirmed that he has used his Adult form before, and he fights Gerard.

Didn't Urahara's Hado 99 calc get accepted? If so why is his profile currently only scaling from the gran rey cero calc and not his own accepted feat? Just curious cause it seems Urahara and a few others like Shunsui, Shikai Yama, Base Aizen, etc should be 6-B

So? We shouldn't change a large chunk of the profiles only to change them again for another calc. That's a waste of time and nothing more for everyone involved with the revisions.

i wonder what will be next , urahara calcs or cero oscuras/lanza or something else entirely , so much to update .

it having a calc for destroying las noches statement .

AP upgrades for a lot of characther that scale to it .

complete shot in the dark : the creation of the oken ? maybe you pieced together some nice statements about it ?

i still didn't read all the novels but this is one thing that still intrigue me . Aizen was trying to create something akin to the zero division according to ichibe iirc .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back