• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Hat low 2-C, FTL, and abilities upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently there is a lock on the crossovers on the Villainous verse due to the fact they are non-canon, I am here to both disprove this and show its impact.

The first wave of crossovers are canon due to the fact crossover episode 11 was shown in the first episode of the show (one above the bottom left). Shown in to be canon in the shorts as seen here (Steven's Shirt on the ground). The official website references the crossover in multiple sections: 1 and 2 (which is referenced in other medium). As well as the crossover being referenced in multiple official comics: 1, 2, 3.
literally referenced in every single piece of media they have been in so far.

Now to how this affects scaling
The crossover character will be treated as their own character and gets nothing from the original series being that it is a one sided canon crossover. And should be treated by what they are given in the show. So killing Aku doesn't give that much AP since he was only able to destroy a town in the crossover. But there is one character that this actually means something: AntiPops. Who in the crossovers have shown the ability to destroy a universe and reset time (extra evidence for possible translation problems). And since AntiPops from Villainous is entirely separate from Regular Show AntiPops this should be fine for Villainous.

So easily low 2-C since Black hat easily dwarfed AntiPop's power. AntiPops asked to be BH’s apprentice at one point, which is for proof for the feat.

Speed upgrade as well: Since Pops escaped a black hole on two different occasions and Black Hat was able to be faster than Pops could react, FTL.

Existence Erasure: Erased Aku from existence

BFR: Removed Crossover Pops with portals, back up by the fact he has thrown his subjects into different dimensions

Possible Precog: Was able to see the future of Nohayas.

Self-Sustenance (Type 1): Able to breath in space, backed up by the fact he knew Aku who was just a blob in space at the time

The Victor and Valentino crossover should be canon as well due to an official comic (likely one-sided due to the fact the main antagonist of the episode was taken away at the end, is present in later episodes of Victor and Valentino). Cartoon Crossover Nexus is canon due to the main weapon of the crossover being referenced as something they sell and the statue being shown as a weaker clone of Black Hat which was shown in the crossover.

Clones are shown to be weaker than characters such as Demencia and have shown unable to destroy Hatbots. Also shown to be weaker due to a lack of resistances. Clone BH is petrified by the same force as original Black Hat has been unaffected by.

Plot manipulation: Black Hat created the the show Villainous (when the creator was talking about how he got the idea for the series, BH interrupts says “One day, he was so desperate that he that a ritual to summon me and asked me to do an amazing and glorious cartoon” which heavily implies that BH created Villainous) Black Hat is interchangeable with the creator of the show, and shown multiple times to have complete control over the process of making the cartoon (even able to shoot down the script editor when he feels like)

upgrade to low 2-C at minimum with plot manipulation/creation since he created the verse.

Last edited:
Me as well, as I've said before in that one Discord server, the Low 2-C stuff is legit from what I've seen, the others additions are also blatant and so I'll just reiterate that I find those fine as well.

It should probably be a possible instead, like "At least High 7-A Possible Low 2-C" since most crossovers don't really account for how much stronger each character and more use them in a narrative sense, though since black hat is a crossover character it could make sense, though probably not since narrative.
Also that's not Existence Erasure, Black Hat was talking about how sending Jake into the future made him predestine to fail and get killed.

It should probably be a possible instead, like "At least High 7-A Possible Low 2-C" since most crossovers don't really account for how much stronger each character and more use them in a narrative sense, though since black hat is a crossover character it could make sense, though probably not since narrative.
Also that's not Existence Erasure, Black Hat was talking about how sending Jake into the future made him predestine to fail and get killed.
I think the main problem is they directly show how powerful these characters are so "most crossovers don't really account for how much stronger each character" becomes less effective. I fail to see how being a narrative device exactly works in this situation, since he still had the feat and nothing contradicts the feat. And he keeps up the narrative through the entire series since the crossovers are referenced in every medium.

And on top of all of this we have a non crossover low 2-C feat via plot manip

So high 7-A/high 5-A should be dropped hard

the problem if he didn't have EE is that Aku still won't have faded away from the picture from the past.

Last edited:
Eh not exactly sold on it especially if has no actually barring on the show it crossover with
the problem if he didn't have EE is that Aku still won't have faded away from the picture from the past.
that still doesn’t prove him havin EE

The point of that scene was Jack "got back" to the past and killed Aku there, it's literally a back to the future joke, you know the famous scene where his family starts to disapear from a picture as his parents don't hook up.

The point of that scene was Jack "got back" to the past and killed Aku there, it's literally a back to the future joke, you know the famous scene where his family starts to disapear from a picture as his parents don't hook up.
There is a problem with this though. BH directly says Aku needs a punishment for keep sending Samurai Jack to the future and then Aku starts fading away. And since there is no proof of Jack going back to the past, so it doesn't seem fair to assume so. Yes that happened in the main series but this a different canon.

So when BH say he needs a punishment this is the clear out come of what he does to Aku

Last edited:
He finishes that exact sentence with "posthumously" implying Aku died before he could even do anything
The problem is nothing proves that Jack went back in time to erase everything. Since by going by the statement Aku already died. With the episode proceeding as normal. And then as soon BH said he needed punishment Aku started fading away.

Last edited:
We should preferably avoid crossover scaling, due to that the power levels of the characters are almost always greatly adjusted, and creating the cartoon is a gag, not scalable to AP.

I fail to see the exact problem in this instance. Since yes when a character does come from a different canon but shows feats in the world of Villainous. So should be ok to scale.

I would agree with you for the second point, if this was a one time deal. But there are five separate examples of something similar happening. Which where all listed above. From controlling the staff on numerous occasions and being in control of the writer. I am not exactly sure on why this would be ruled out as just a joke.

Last edited:
Unless he has explicitly displayed feats of a Low 2-C level, we cannot scale from what crossover characters did in their own settings, and supposedly "controlling" the writers is an unquantifiable metafictional in-joke.

Last edited:
Unless he has explicitly displayed feats of a Low 2-C scale, we cannot scale from what crossover characters did in their own settings, and supposedly "controlling" the writers is an unquantifiable metafictional in-joke.
I am sorry but where is this established? I get not scaling original and that is completely fine but what does "crossover characters did in their own settings" have to do with anything? The only crossover rule that this slightly accounts for is that would be
"This can happen in both in-canon crossovers such as Dissidia Final Fantasy, in which tier 6 and tier 2 characters fought on equal grounds, and in non-canon versions, such as between Luffy, Goku and Toriko".
Which as established before the version of AntiPops we are covering is both non canon to Regular show. But also has his own feat of low 2-C in the world of Villainous, which by crossover rules separates him from regular show AntiPops. As well as added backstory further establishing him as a separate version
"If a character in a crossover does not share the same history as the original, for example due to being an alternative universe version, it should not automatically be considered to possess the same degree of power."
And if we are going by "setting" then again that would end up being Villainous Verse. Due to the amount of references that AntiPops and the other crossovers have received in the Verse. So either way this doesn't make much sense

Again why are you just labeling 5+ sources as a joke? That doesn't exactly seem fair especially since it has been stated by the author that making the cartoon is part of BH's plan.

Normally I trust what YuriAkuto says, but Antvasima makes good points about cross-scaling.

If a crossover character performed a feat of a Low 2-C scale during a crossover event itself, and was then overpowered by another character, that is probably fine to scale the second character from, if the event was canon to him.

However, the writer claiming that one of his characters has control over him is either a playing along with an in-joke theme or mental illness, and is not quantifiable regardless. Sorry, but that is final, and I do not have the time to argue extensively about it.

If a crossover character performed a feat of a Low 2-C scale during the crossover event itself, and was then overpowered by another character, that is probably fine to scale the second character from.

However, the writer claiming that one of his characters has control over him is either a playing along with an in-joke theme or mental illness, and is not quantifiable regardless. Sorry, but that is final, and I do not have the time to argue extensively about it.
I am glad we reached a conclusion on this part. Yes he shows the feat in the crossover itself.

I think this may be a general communication problem. I believe he created the verse yes, but did he actually create create the verse irl no. The live action stuff is still just a work of fiction and nothing else. That work of fiction still views the cartoon world as just a cartoon. Like said before in the fictional live action world they created the cartoon in that world.

Okay. Then the former should be fine to scale from.

The second is still unquantifiable metafiction though.

Yes, metafictional stuff generally isn't used like this, otherwise Bugs Bunny would be tier 1, for example.
Just keep that as Breaking the Fourth Wall and don't use it for AP.

Last edited:
Only if it has been explicitly demonstrated. Bobsican is correct as far as I am aware.

Alright I am so glad everything worked out. Will remove the plot manip for the additional reasoning for low 2-C and EE will be put as just a possible EE.

Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back