• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover speed upgrade

USklaverei said:
In the sweep you provided says absolutely nothing about Yami increasing the speed of Black Magic, your biased interpretation will not update again.
What?

"Dark Magic is extremely slow."

"That's why you used darkness to cloak your weapon, and created a combat style that used reinforcement magic to compensate!"

In what way is that biased interpretation? Clear as day, Yami overcomes his magic's innate weakness by using tools.

Jasperking said:
"Dark Magic is extremely slow."

"That's why you used darkness to cloak your weapon, and created a combat style that used reinforcement magic to compensate!"

In what way is that biased interpretation? Clear as day, Yami overcomes his magic's innate weakness by using tools.
He created a way to handle the speed of Light Magic, what does that have to do with speed?

Also I forgot to add: Asta and Yuno in their improved forms Pre TS hit back a stronger and faster version of the same spell USK claims Yami couldn't avoid in Chapter 50. That would put them on the same speed ballpark as Base Nozel.

Remembering that, the fastest and strongest attack of the Divine Punishment Ray, which is referred to as the speed of light, why would light constructions also be? Being clearly placed below the radius?

Patry's Divine Punishment was never stated to be the speed of light but just to be his fastest spell. If you think so you gonna have to give us a panel

>Yami not being able to dodge and attack stated to be SoL nor hit LS characters

1/ That would only mean Yami doesn't have SoL travel speed

2/ Yeah..... Sure...

If we go with Gauche's statement saying that attack was only SoL and Yami's statement saying that he can't dodge it, then we must also go with Yami's statement saying both are moving at lightspeed and Yami's feat hitting both of them. So if anything, Yami is at the very least LS in combat speed

In case it would be attack speed though, this contradicts the Dark Magic quote being mt less than Light Magic.

Gauche and Noelle being faster than Yami makes no sense, really. Yami is far skilled in combat and have better experience than both together. Gauche reacting to a SoL attack while Yami claims he can't handle this speed just sounds like outlier.

First, skill =/= Speed so idk what's the point to mention Yami's skill.

Second, he can handle this speed and I gave the feats for that. Feats > Statements therefore Yami hitting Patry > Yami saying he can't dodge the attack (I also want to point out that Yami can be very ironic: https://v1.mangabeast01.com/manga/Black-Clover/0005-013.png)

Lastly, Noelle is indeed faster than Yami since she was able to keep up with Reincarnated Fana: https://v93.**********.com/manga/Black-Clover/0193-001.png

Even Nozel mentions her speed: https://v93.**********.com/manga/Black-Clover/0203-010.png

Heck, even Luck did better against Vetto: https://v1.mangabeast01.com/manga/Black-Clover/0064-002.png

https://v1.mangabeast01.com/manga/Black-Clover/0064-003.png

So Idk where you got that because Yami couldn't dodge Patry's spell means Gauche can't too

If Pre-EI Asta can outran Mereoleona's attacks (Who can blitz Raia and has the same reaction speed as Vetto according to Raia), VD Noelle is faster than Fana and Luck can dodge Vetto's attacks at Point-blank range, I don't see why Gauche reflecting Patry's attack would be an outlier.

I wasn't referring to Noelle with Valkyria Dress. But yes BoS.

Luck could only dodge Vetto's attacks because he was using speed boost techniques. Gauche certainly doesn't scale to that.

I'm not considering any character as SoL, just Patry's strongest spell. Gauche himself is inferior to Yami in everything, even he knows that, lol.

Yami at this point of the series was one of the strongest characters in the entire series, Gauche was one of the weakest. No way that he showing better speed feats could be consistent.

Luck used speed boost techniques but so did Vetto. And Luck was still able to react to him and block his attack

And no, Yami isn't the stronger in everything. Gauche is the smartest Black Bulls including Yami so it's a proof that Yami isn't above the Black Bulls in everything. Therefore, if Gauche was able to block an attack from Patry and Yami couldn't, that just means Gauche's reaction speed is above Yami (against Gauche's feat is only a reaction speed feat, his Travel Speed and Attack Speed won't scale).

So Yami being Faster because he's more skilled is a good one???

And Gauche litteraly did a feat putting him above Yami in reaction speed so if that's a bad justification for you...

Gauche could not react to the light constructs, as Yami with Ki could, Yami could not react to the Lightning, but Gauche yes, very consistent.

Which leads to what I previously said, he couldn't see it because of the brightness. So consistent it is.

Btw I thought you were bored

Epsilon R said:

So Yami being Faster because he's more skilled is a good one???

And Gauche litteraly did a feat putting him above Yami in reaction speed so if that's a bad justification for you...
To claim that he is smarter than Yami, and therefore faster? Yes it's bad

Lol, just because his fastest spell is "lightspeed" doesn't mean Gauche couldn't react to the other ones. That doesn't show any inconsistency at all

USklaverei said:
In case it would be attack speed though, this contradicts the Dark Magic quote being mt less than Light Magic.
He uses a TOOL to get over that deficiency. Please read more carefully.

Since this still exist, I'm just gonna put this link here:

https://imgur.com/a/vg3bwLR.

This is a catalogue of everytime Yami reacted and deflected one of Patri's attacks and also explains of how he did each one. This is the offical scans is that makes anyone feel better. While one could argue just Relativistic for Yami, a few of the times he deflected would care to disagree.

Oh, and Bump!

Back