• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Bolt and Vector CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired
Just adding some abilities.

Black Bolt - Done

Explosion Manip
Tech manipulation manipulation
Absorption
Density manip
Transmutation possibly Earth manip/density manip
Transmution possibly Heat manip
Petrification
Shockwave manip/vibration manip
Disintegration/Deconstruction

Help, what is this?
  • Basically stops other Inhumans from succumbing to a disease - possibly life manip/disease manip
  • Returns to his body after his brother switched them up - possibly mind manip

It's already on the file, but just adding even more scans to it
Transmutation:
Magnetism
Resistance to mind manipulation
Stuff to add to his AP as supporting evidence
  • When his powers goes out of control, he causes damage to the planet
  • Stated he could split the world into piece

Vector

In discussion:
  1. Limited matter manipulation
    1. Incredible Hulk 1968 #304
  2. Limited NPI
    • IH #254 - deflected Vapor, who was intangible

Spatial manip, Dimensional travel and Limited matter manipulation
Limited Air manip
Telekinesis
Energy emission/manipulation (a lot has been linked in other powers)
Limited NPI
  • IH #254 - deflected Vapor, who was intangible
Limited air manipulation
Resistance to Extrasensory Perception
Attack redirection/reflection
Extra scan additions to some of his powers

Btw, I didn't upload a lot of them to Imgur already because I don't wanna clog up my profile there with unnecessary pages. So once these gets accepted, it will then be uploaded onto imgur and then linked onto the profile.

Last edited:
Added my Vector CRT to it too cause I didn't want to make two. This way should be easier... I hope ^

Some seems a bit like a stretch but worth a try

Last edited:
Stuff to add to his AP as supporting evidence
  • When his powers goes out of control, he causes damage to the planet
  • Stated he could split the world into piece
Unless I’m just missing something, Black Bolt’s voice is 4-B, so these aren’t that helpful for supporting evidence.

Will evaluate the rest later

Explosion Manip
Seems fine.
Lightning/Electricity manipulation
It kinda just seems like a visual effect imo, not actual Electrokinesis
Absorption
This is fine
Water manip?
Pretty sure that would just be Transmutation.
Earth manip?
This could also be Transmutation, but “possibly Earth Manip” could prolly work
Heat manip
Same as before
Petrification
Seems fine, but should also be a sub-power of his transmutation
Shockwave manip/vibration manip
Fine
Disintegration/Deconstruction
Not too sure on this one
Basically stops other Inhumans from succumbing to a disease
Seems like Life Manipulation, judging by Reed’s statement
Returns to his body after his brother switched them up
Uh… some application of mind manip? ¯\(ツ)

I only care for the Vector stuff
Limited NPI
Limited air manipulation
Resistance to Extrasensory Perception
Attack redirection/reflection
Extra scan additions to some of his powers
Vapor is gas, I fail to see how this would be NPI considering he can repel matter already
All the other powers are just his vector manipulation, and I don't think it's really fine tune enough to really count as a seprate power
Could be put as a feat section tho
Resistance to EP seems fine
Air manip
Energy emission/manipulation (a lot has been linked in other powers)
Air Manip again is just him using vector manip in not even a creative way, seems like a byproduct
For energy emmisions only Sieg one seems like not a part of the Vector Manip so it's fine, but only using that feat
Spatial manip, Dimensional travel and matter manipulation
Matter Manip again seems like just his Vector Manip, and like how is just pushing matter via force matter manip?
Spatial Manip and Dimensional Travel should be limited since he id not intend to do it at all

I mean... If that's the case, we should just write one power for everyone and call it a day. Molecule Manipulation for Molecule Man, Power Cosmic for Surfer, Magic for Zatanna.

I mean is it really limited if he can do it more than once? Like the venom one, that's blatant space manip as it gets. Dimensional, he intended to do it too because of the context of the story itself. He wanted to bring in the Hulk, and he was in another dimension, so he went there with his team.

Limited matter manip should most definitely apply to it.

I mean... If that's the case, we should just write one power for everyone and call it a day. Molecule Manipulation for Molecule Man, Power Cosmic for Surfer, Magic for Zatanna.
(Magic as a power is useless)
Also the thing is that the applications for them are actually diverse enough from the base power, like Vector is just pushing stuff, ig attack redirection and forcefield can work but outside that eeeeeh
I mean is it really limited if he can do it more than once? Like the venom one, that's blatant space manip as it gets. Dimensional, he intended to do it too because of the context of the story itself. He wanted to bring in the Hulk, and he was in another dimension, so he went there with his team.

Limited matter manip should most definitely apply to it.
I don't really get the Venom scan
No he wasn't, it literally happened by accident due to overexrting himself
Why, like how is it manipulating the matter itself, sure it's pushing it to a different place but he isn't really effecting the properties of said matter

I don't really get the Venom scan
Venom was looking for him, so he found their hideout and was trying to plan from outside, a few containers (?) away. Vector notices him and he warps space and brings him into his own hideout.

Black Bolt

1) Explosion is good, but the last two scans don't seem correct. The first shows explosions that were caused by his yell destroying the city, involving machinery prone to explosion, while the second just shows a huge beam of energy destroying everything in its path, not really an explosion.

2) It doesn't seem to be real electricity, more like some type of energy. The second scan might be Technology manipulation.

3) Absorption seems good, the first scan also might work for technology manipulation.

4) That's Density Manipulation

5) This also seems Density Manipulation via Matter Manipulation or something (due to the electrons stuff). Also, could it be power null? The Mandarin's (is it him, right?) didn't work and he says it's Black Bolt's fault.

6) Heat manip is good

7) Petrification is fine

8) This is his classic sound manip, which I believe already is kind a sub type of vibration manip, listing it twice is unnecessary.

9) This doesn't seem real deconstruction, he just destroyed the first person with his powerful scream, while the other scan shows him melting the building, likely part of his heat, density and matter manip

10-A) The scans seems to imply some form of life manipulation through energy manip, but if you say he stopped a disease, then it' might be disease manipulation as he could control it in some way (maybe both powers combined are good)

10-B) I'd call it limited Mind manipulation

11) The last scan isn't linked. The first is good (you can also call it cloth manip) although it isn't transmutation, and the same is for the other two. The second would already be used for something else, so it's redundant, and he still isn't changing material. Same for the third, he gave granite a different form, it's earth manip via matter manip, but it still is granite, so it doesn't fit Transmutation.

12) This scan is good

13) This scan is also good, but you should elaborate what the other people wanted to do to him

Vector

1) The first scans are good, they also work for telekinesis and as a weaknesses, as he banishes himself if he overuses his powers. The fourth scan (the one in point 4) isn't good, moving things through space isn't spatial manip (he still has the power from being able to rip space apart).
I don't know what the Venom scans should prove, deconstruction because it's stated he would disintegrate him?

2) air manip is good, but it should be either limited or minor, as it's a byproduct of him moving things at high speed.

3) This is just him using his Vector manipulation, it's unnecessary to use all these scans for telekinesis (although they are good to show him using his power). Personally, I'd just use those two scans which directly mention the word telekinesis to justify the power (telekinesis) itself.

4) Dragon Ball is fine

5) Limited NPI is good (if it counts for gases and such, I'm unsure)

6) This scan is good, add it to the other minor/limited air manip scans.

7) This is good, be sure to point out he can interact with technology, magic and psychic energy

8) This is also good

9) This scan is fine

5) Limited NPI is good (if it counts for gases and such, I'm unsure)

6) This scan is good, add it to the other minor/limited air manip scans.
Again how is effecting gas NPI?
Also the second scan is him when he literally couldn't control his power and was just extering it all over the place so eh

I'm unsure if it counts, we word powers like Vapor's as Elemental Intangibility, but I'm not sure if NPI would work for Vector.

It might work anyway, he might still be able to control air even if he doesn't do it normally, at least not in that way as he would suffocate. It's worth to be mentioned, at least.

I don't know what the Venom scans should prove, deconstruction because it's stated he would disintegrate him?
Vector wasn't planning on disintegrating him himself, he thought X-Ray would do the job. If you look at all three scans, Venom is supposed to be far but he messes with space and brings Venom into their hideout.

I'm unsure if it counts, we word powers like Vapor's as Elemental Intangibility, but I'm not sure if NPI would work for Vector.
Well hers isn't like a Logia or something, she's literally just gases so unless effecting things that actually exist but we normally can't harm is NPI then wouldn't all fire users get it since the can make various gases combust?

It might work anyway, he might still be able to control air even if he doesn't do it normally, at least not in that way as he would suffocate. It's worth to be mentioned, at least.
Eh fair enough I suppose

Btw overall still disagree with matter manip, space manip and dimensional travel are fine tho

I just come from a thread like this for WW, was the OP changed/updated with the proposals other users gave?

I don't have the time to check through all of the scans above, so I would appreciate help with this.

Okay. We should probably go with Saman's conclusions then.

What do the rest of you think about the remaining discussion topics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back