• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bigface vs The Partygoer (0-2-0) (Or, drunk girl wakes up in the wrong forest)

Jackythejack

They/Them
Definitely the dumbest idea I've had in a bit but it's uhhh funny? So it's fine.

Speed equal but I don't think that's necessary. Fight takes place in Bigface's forest and he's been given ten minutes of prep time.

Bigface:

The Party Goer:

...I wasn't quite expecting this when I was shown the thread. Alright.

APs are probably pretty much equal, they scale to oneshotting people on both ends after all.

Lifting Strength in Bigface's favor is a little weird in the justification department, however given Party Goer has no decent feats (that I remember, I do plan reviewing the VCRPG pages), it's an advantage in its favor.

10 minutes of prep is probably better for Stealth than it is making use of the Bear Traps...The justification for the Bear Traps again seems a bit weird, but 10 minutes isn't a lot of time to set them up, and Party Goer's an intelligent enough puzzle and problem-solver that they likely wouldn't fall for set up traps TOO easily, and Party Goer's pretty much always stood her ground in fights so she's not likely to get pressured into running onto them either way.

Party Goer's absolutely more intelligent given what's provided, and seemingly takes a slight skill edge as well based on what I can see?

The Illusion Creation justification is, again, a little strange but rolling with it, can definitely be distracting?

Party Goer's best edges are the fact she's most likely to stand her ground and fight back rather than running away or trying to outpace Big Face's typical hunting strategies, Big Face's most clear strength seems to be the fact that they oneshot the player, and they don't seem any more complicated than that. Party Goer isn't interested in playing hide-n-seek, isn't interested in getting proof and playing 'footsies' with it, she will fight, and is durable enough that Big Face can't just kill her the same way it does the player. Given her ranged throws hurt just as bad as she does up close, she has items to heal herself, and is generally smarter and has experience dealing with being ambushed AND with fighting multiple foes that will struggle and attempt to kill her while Bigface has always operated from the advantage, I think Bigface seems to be just generally out-skilled and doesn't have a lot actually applicable in its arsenal to win against someone it's physical equal who has more actively useable skills, and an aggressive combative mentality.

On first gothrough, I think I vote Party Goer.

I just wanna throw this girl with a hangover against a bunch of horror monsters tbh. This is only mildly adjacent to horror but it counts lol.

Absolutely fair enough, all this fits the MO

Party Goer having to deal with a conga line of horror enemies when she just wants to go home is, admittedly, pretty funny

Also will probably make her fight Laurie from Halloween after this/if it just dies (which is more likely than this concluding)

Back