• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(0-2-0) Partygoer vs SCP-1788

It's weird that of all the VCRPG characters, The Party Goer is the more popular one. Oh well, Nobody's Home was neat so I can't complain.

Is 1788's biological manipulation limited to just children? Or is that it's preferred target? Party Goer's age is unknown, but given the nature of the party they're probably at least post-pubescent, so if the power is restricted to children it may be inapplicable.

Otherwise, Party Goer can disfigure the zombies with just a few blows, who could tear through normal humans quickly, but 1788 seems to have tanked decently high power weaponry and overpowered actual guards. Party Goer has no lifting strength feats and at best is normal human there, while 1788 is peak human, and while the Party Goer could tank a lot of punishment through zombies attacking her and willingly walking across broken glass all night, 1788 tanking damage to the brain and still going is absolutely a better stamina feat. All around, while Party Goer isn't a slouch, 1788 seems to have all the physical advantages.

1788 doesn't give an intelligence justification really, while Party Goer just seems to be a normal-ish person who was really good at thinking on her feet, adapting to the situation, and fought decently well even while outnumbered, so even if 1788 is smarter, Party Goer's intelligence and skill don't seem like they should be stomped.

Party Goer does have the range advantage, if only slightly. Them having a set of weapons to work with that she can throw is better than nothing, and to be fair with her beer cans and bottles she was disfiguring the face of her 9-C zombie foes. Plus the fact that she can heal is good for effective stamina, plus her cigarettes are shockingly potent, setting zombies entirely on fire on contact. So Party Goer has some versatility to make use of, and range.

But honestly, with how well 1788 tanks, I'm not sure being burned alive or taking headshots at a 9-C level is enough to stop it. And while Party Goer can also throw a mean punch up close, and shotgun a beer to heal up, 1788 still has a LS advantage being peak compared to normal, and is probably a lot harder to take down than the zombies Party Goer was fighting. I'm not sure Party Goer can stay healthy long enough and dish out enough damage if high caliber rifles taking out chunks of 1788's brain couldn't do the job either. She'd need to really pulverize/fry its head with everything she's got to get the win.

I think 1788's better physicals and stamina deplete Party Goer's resources and takes the win here.

I wouldn't call her more popular I just have weird standards in what I like and Nobody's Home fits that standard-

p sure SCP-1788 is limited to children.

One vote for the SCP though. Do you think this is a fair fight or like, not really?

I wouldn't call her more popular I just have weird standards in what I like and Nobody's Home fits that standard-

Still, not gonna complain, Party Goer was one of the cooler protags after all, so I'm down for more matches.

I kept thinking about backrooms when partygoer is mentioned.

Honestly, Nobody's Home is pretty 'Liminal Space', the whole series is kinda... So that's a fair assumption.

One vote for the SCP though. Do you think this is a fair fight or like, not really?

I'm a little concerned it may not be? Depends on that stamina. Profile makes it seem like it had most of it's brain exposed from a direct shot, is that Immortality Type 2 levels, or just insane stamina? And were they eventually brought down? Because if so, then Partygoer has a wincon in EVENTUALLY doing enough damage, and that's just unlikely. But if its to the extent the guards couldn't bring it down, Goer might be stomped by having no way to realistically kill/incap?

Idk why it doesn't have type 2 on it's profile tbh.

they can evidently be killed but the one mentioned whose head they blown off apparently was still able to brutally injure two agents after that, including fatally injuring one.

Idk why it doesn't have type 2 on it's profile tbh.

they can evidently be killed but the one mentioned whose head they blown off apparently was still able to brutally injure two agents after that, including fatally injuring one.
The actual requirements for Type 2 are a little weird, since you can have amazing stamina but eventually die from a fatal wound, and I think that doesn't give you Type 2. Meanwhile if you can indefinitely live with a wound that kills normally people, that does give you Type 2. So if 1788 would eventually bleed out I think it's only stamina, but if they're able to keep going until they're shot up even more, it would be Type 2. But don't quote me, I might be misunderstanding Type 2's rules.

Either way, it really comes down to if 1788's survivability can be overwhelmed by Partygoer's 9-C blunt force and fire. If we think she could, then it's just a decisive win for 1788, like a 9:1 matchup. If she can't realistically kill him thanks to his durability and the Type 2/stamina being potent enough, she might have no win-con since she can't incap or restrain him either due to lower LS. So it really depends on what does put him down for good which way I'd argue. I'm not an SCP knowledgeable member though, so I wouldn't know enough details to make that call.

I meant that there is a backroom entity called partygoer.
I actually didn't know that...Kinda a shame that we currently can't do backrooms then, maybe that could be a cool matchup? I'll have to look into it!

the article the SCP is from never mentions killing it though, just that it survived getting it's head blown the heck off and still manage to wound two people. Never mentioned anything about it dying afterwards which I think is crazy.

Tbh idk if this is fair lol.

Yeah that makes it really hard to tell if Partygoer can even put it down then...I might be leaning a stomp via survivability giving partygoer no actual wincon, but still on the fence

Back