• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big Mom vs Kaidou: The Rematch

So this match-up was already made...nearly 3 years ago. As of now, a lot of the reasoning is proven false, as the scaling has changed and solidified around both characters. Additionally, both have shown a wider range of abilities throughout their Wano fights, altering the match up further. So this match, even if it reaches the same result, needs an update regardless.

Kaidou

Big Mom

incon:

Kaidou for superior Coc showing, stamina and AP using his fire dragon form it would be extreme diff tho

Doesn't he match all of her stats in base form alone?
Base Big Mom matched Base Kaido for a while yeah. She only had one out of her three homie's though.

Base Big Mom<Big Mom with all three Homie's (For her fusion attacks)<Life Span absorbed Big Mom with Homies.

Big Mom also matched Hybrid Kaido's speed, when doing their combo attack, according to her profile.

But uh, regardless I'll count the vote.

Kaido FRA. She's extremely versatile but it came out the man's mouth himself: "Haki transcends all."
He'll force her into a head-on fight and his superior CoC Coating, future sight, and technique mimicry will tilt the scales too quickly in his favor. Not an easy fight obviously, but Kaido definitely takes it.

Voting Big Mom. She can amp herself seemingly as long as she has lifespan. She has the lifespan of the people of Tottoland, meaning that she can virtually spam amps and healing whenever she takes damage.

She can match Kaido with her pure AP and Haki. She has better abilities and better options.

Kaido has almost no wincons. His Bolo Breath gets by Prometheus, making it stronger, or with her Heat resistance. His lightning attacks get countered by Hera.

She has homies that can keep him at bay, she has Misery, who can fight for her while she amps herself at the back, charging an Ikoku.

She also could use Shiva's Wrath to keep Kaido from being the aggressor, while stacking her other homies for an undodgable onslaught.

Voting Big Mom for Kachon123's reasons plus the fact that her lifespan absorbed self is above her 3-Homies self which is equal to Hybrid Kaido

Voting Big Mom for Kachon123's reasons plus the fact that her lifespan absorbed self is above her 3-Homies self which is equal to Hybrid Kaido
2-Homies Big Mom is = to Haoshoku Hybrid Kaido.

Using Haoshoku + Lifespan Absorb + 3-Homie Fusion put her above that.

Big Mom is too goated.

AOGGaTc.jpeg

She can amp herself seemingly as long as she has lifespan. She has the lifespan of the people of Tottoland, meaning that she can virtually spam amps and healing whenever she takes damage.
Headcanon. She has 1 year of life amp accessible in combat until shown otherwise and even then it wasn't enough to overwhelm Law/Kidd by much. If she could use 4/7/10 years or higher she'll basically fodderize every other god tier. (Which I suspect she will in elbaf lmao)
For now it's headcanon.
She can match Kaido with her pure AP and Haki. She has better abilities and better options.
She can match base Kaido with Napoleon. She can add Prometheus and Hera. Buso and hao infusion. And a year amp.
Kaido can add: Hao and buso infusion. Hybrid. Super Hybrid (which was such a powerful amp that it nearly one-tapped G4). Future sight. Technique Mimicry. Danmaku spams, hella range compared to her. And has drunk modes which increase his Haki.
His Bolo Breath gets by Prometheus, making it stronger,
The nature of Boro Breath being nearly a beam makes it just disperse Prometheus. Not HURT him, but disperse.
His lightning attacks get countered by Hera.
How so? We never saw Hera or Zeus "counter" lightning. They produce it because they're clouds yes, but we never saw them absorb lightning based offense on Kaido's level.
She has homies that can keep him at bay
Hao GG
she has Misery
Misery isn't slowing Kaido down when it barely did anything to Kidd and Law.
She also could use Shiva's Wrath to keep Kaido from being the aggressor,
Same applies to kaido and Dragon Demolition gust. They have comparable range with their Danmaku and his arguably hits harder when he's drunk, considering Luffy's comment about his haki getting stronger.
undodgable onslaught.
Future sight exists. Dude can dance around Hydra which was previously "undodgable" to his hybrid self.

Headcanon. She has 1 year of life amp accessible in combat until shown otherwise and even then it wasn't enough to overwhelm Law/Kidd by much. If she could use 4/7/10 years or higher she'll basically fodderize every other god tier. (Which I suspect she will in elbaf lmao)
For now it's headcanon.

She can match base Kaido with Napoleon. She can add Prometheus and Hera. Buso and hao infusion. And a year amp.
Kaido can add: Hao and buso infusion. Hybrid. Super Hybrid (which was such a powerful amp that it nearly one-tapped G4). Future sight. Technique Mimicry. Danmaku spams, hella range compared to her. And has drunk modes which increase his Haki.

The nature of Boro Breath being nearly a beam makes it just disperse Prometheus. Not HURT him, but disperse.

How so? We never saw Hera or Zeus "counter" lightning. They produce it because they're clouds yes, but we never saw them absorb lightning based offense on Kaido's level.

Hao GG

Misery isn't slowing Kaido down when it barely did anything to Kidd and Law.

Same applies to kaido and Dragon Demolition gust. They have comparable range with their Danmaku and his arguably hits harder when he's drunk, considering Luffy's comment about his haki getting stronger.

Future sight exists. Dude can dance around Hydra which was previously "undodgable" to his hybrid self.
What is Super Hybrid?
2-Homies Big Mom is = to Haoshoku Hybrid Kaido.

Using Haoshoku + Lifespan Absorb + 3-Homie Fusion put her above that.
@KingTempest says that normal 3-Homies BM is equal to Hybrid Kaido

Boro breath is fire. On her page it says:
Absorption (Each of her Homies has been able to absorb the energy which make up their form.
@KingTempest says that normal 3-Homies BM is equal to Hybrid Kaido
When they used Hakai together, Big Mom only used Cognac, which is Napoleon + Prometheus.

Boro breath is fire. On her page it says:
Boro breath is fire.
Boro breath is also a fire that SHOOTS OUT LIKE A BEAM BLAST and not risidual fire. We've seen Prometheus eat risidual fire, not fire with KAIDO AP

The blast would either blow out Prometheus and he reforms (drowns him out entirely), or it shoots a hole through him. Again- no damage, it'd just not get eaten.

The thicker button nosed one with the dragon eyebrows. He shows it when he's on Homocidal drunk, and when using Death Destroyer
Is there a name and/or image for it?

Is it already noted as being above normal Hybrid?

Big Mom scales to Kaido's AP. It being a fire beam or not doesn't change anything. Fire is fire. Unless you can prove that fire beams can bypass Prometheus' flame absorption ability, then he is able to.
Yeah I don't think saying it's a beam means that Prom can't absorb/eat it.
He eats fire when it's literally on the ground or being offered by Linlin. There's no an instance that I recall where they aborbed fire that was shot out the way Boro Breath does, with massive pressure and explosive force

He eats fire when it's literally on the ground or being offered by Linlin. There's no an instance that I recall where they aborbed fire that was shot out the way Boro Breath does, with massive pressure and explosive force
Fire absorption is fire absorption. It's headcannon to say he can't absorb a fire blast.

Fire absorption is fire absorption. It's headcannon to say he can't absorb a fire blast.
It's headcanon that he CAN when he only absorbed still flames.

Anyway, if that's what you're worried about that it doesn't change much about the fact that Kaido still rocks her pretty much on every other aspect except for Misery (and even then his drunken states would change that)

He'll die?
The blast would either blow out Prometheus and he reforms (drowns him out entirely), or it shoots a hole through him. Again- no damage, it'd just not get eaten.

No, I said its sheer pressure (because of how fast it goes/how condensed it is because of that, that it nearly becomes a straight beam) would just disperse Prometheus and he wouldn't get a chance to eat it.

I defended Big Mom in the previous match, but now I think that Kaido would win.

Although Mama has an theoretical attack power advantage by absorbing lifespan, she herself has proven reckless in skill — Btw, Kaido also gets stronger as he gets drunk. In short, Kaido has better skill, a far better CoO and better mobility. Being a Zoan, it is likely that Kaido also has greater stamina, however, we know that Big Mom can give life to her bones, and that naturally she can fight even with critical brain injuries and pulverized organs. I doubt there's a huge advantage in terms of physical conditioning for both of them, so this fight would be boiled down to pure technique; whoever hit the opponent more times and had the agility to defend without being hit would win.

With that in mind, the Observation Haki of Kaido's would be he main factor to lead him to victory, since Linlin's predictable blows would be even easier to anticipate and counter, and so Kaido would also have a door to open new blows directly on his target (which would be the head, as Kaido loves to aim for the head almost always). I vote for Kaido because he fights better, smarter and more brutal than Big Mom, but I understand the counter-arguments (As imaginative as they are like: Big Mom making Kaido's Kanabō, a homie; something she never explores in combat).

No, I said its sheer pressure (because of how fast it goes/how condensed it is because of that, that it nearly becomes a straight beam) would just disperse Prometheus and he wouldn't get a chance to eat it.
Prometheus was cut by Zoro's flame sword shit and It was also cut by Brook, so i can understand the sentiment your providing here. He's also never been shown to neg flames with such high pressure like Kaido's so the assumption he can is unfounded imo.

He's also never been shown to neg flames with such high pressure like Kaido's
He at most absorbed a few flaming blows from the Scabbards and iirc, flames in a forest when he was in the hands of Mother Carmel. I agree that the claim to he be able to absorb a beam of heat so large as Onigashima's Skull when fully expanded, exaggerated.

Back