• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big DuckTales Revisions

Oh. That is too bad. We may have to rewrite the current Scrooge McDuck profile to only cover the comicbooks in that case, in lack of feats to use.

Oh. Thank you. That could be very useful.

Is somebody here willing to go through it and find feats for the calc group members to calculate?

The money bin does not scale to anybody though.

Anyway, I would appreciate if you present the potential 8-C feats to our calc group. You should tell them that I would appreciate their help.

Thank you. We do not scale durability from Lightning Feats, but you should contact some of our calc group members to get help with other ones.

Antvasima said:
The money bin does not scale to anybody though.
Anyway, I would appreciate if you present the potential 8-C feats to our calc group. You should tell them that I would appreciate their help.
Heavy disagree on the scaling part. Scrooge has survived plenty of attacks that destroyed the Money Bin with him inside or on the building . To add onto this thread even further, the same Money Bin tanks a meteorite strike from Magica De Spell

Okay. As far as I know he has not tanked anywhere near the full energy from such strikes though, and it seems like a massive outlier if he has.

You should ask our calc group members to calculate this, but the shaking was a gradual process, so I strongly doubt that it amounts to 8-C.

Is somebody willing to ask some calc group members to help us out here? Spino might have the time and interest for example.

VS Battles Staff

Anyway, can you assemble a list of the members that I should call to help out with this revision please?

Anyway, can you assemble a list of the members that I should call to help out with this revision please?
Well, I messaged some remaining users (Apex, DBZMLP, EMagolor, Bobsican and Ican'tthinkof; not sure on Amelia as she'll notice anyway) from a verse's supporter list already.

Help to properly separate the profile pages would be appreciated.

I agree to separate the profiles, personally I'd split even the Don Rosa version from the Carl Barks one (given that they still have differences), with specification in the names, but I can't ask that much without being willing to work on it.

I think that the Don Rosa and Carl Barks versions should be considered together as the main canon, in order to simplify things for us.

There are tens of thousands of stories to read through otherwise.

I mean splitting the two canons, because Don Rosa's and Carl Barks' works still have their differences, and semplification shouldn't a reason the merge two different canons (despite the similarities). And I was referring to those two specifically, I agree that it's totally impossible to make a comprehensive profile for the thousands of stories that have been made all over the world in so many years.

Disney and Egmont seem to strictly consider the Barks and Rosa stories as a set canon, and Rosa based his stories very closely on Barks, who allegedly was pleased with his work. Beyond that, all comic book stories exist in a constant anti-continuity flux, without any relation to each other.

I'm well aware, I'm a great fan of Disney comics, (given the huge italian tradition in writing them, I have tons of issues), mine's just a nitpick, but in fact it makes sense to keep them the same.
Courage and Looney Tunes' stuff shouldn't be used to make comparisons, they are totally different situations.

Last edited:
Yes, agreed.
I can help.

I would like to tell you about my original plan though, the one I mentioned back when the wiki still had forums and threads? Unfortunately, I couldn't get to it and wouldn't have been able to since now I have a job and I will be enlisted into the military in 4 months time. But luckily, the OP had similar intentions as I did so I'm glad this is happening. Just wanted to clarify if that's okay.

Anyways, I read over a lot of this and everyone is talking about the Comic Scrooge's AP. As for the DuckTales 1987 Scrooge, has anyone considered calcing the feat where Scrooge survives being scorched in the atmosphere while landing to Earth on the money bin before subsequently being crushed by it moments later?

Disney and Egmont seem to strictly consider the Barks and Rosa stories as a set canon, and Rosa based his stories very closely on Barks, who allegedly was pleased with his work. Beyond that, all comic book stories exist in a constant anti-continuity flux, without any relation to each other.
That's a bit incorrect... Like it was said Rosa and Barks hav still differences and should be separate cannons. In my wiki which focuses on the Disney comics, we have discussed the matter many times. Barks is the main canon for everybody. Rosa is just another road/canon. We have created seperated profiles for the Scrooge of Barks and that of Rosa. We have done this with all main characters.

So even if Egmont thinks what you mentioned (which is a bit wrong) Rosa and Barks should be seperate. Rosa was pleased with Barks, not the other way around. Barks has mentioned flattering words about creators such as Jippes because of the way he draws he is considered as the Netherlands' Barks.

Also there is canon in Italian stories but it's not always that connected eg the Romano Scarpa canon which has Gideon as Scrooge's brother. There are series like Fantomius, Double Duck, PKNA which have their own canon.

In fact truth to be told, Fantomius was created by Romano Scarpa and Marco Gervasio who writes now the stories about his series has shown and mentioned that Rosa's canon is included to Fantomius stories which means that it also connects the classic Duck Avenger from the Italian stories since he appears too.

So with the above Gervasio combines Fantomius/Duck Avenger stories + Rosa canon + giving additional info. Scrooge appears and his family (sisters and brother in law) has cameos.

All in all there is canon in certain series and stories. So Barks and Rosa versions need to be seperated.

EMagoIorSouI:

Good luck and thank you for your service. Your help is very appreciated if you find the time.

ΚΟΜΙΞ:

Okay. Never mind then. You seem to know what you are talking about.

Your help would also be greatly appreciated.

I would still greatly appreciate your help with better separating the Disney Duckburg comics and cartoons into separate continuities. The scaling and linking between these character profile pages is mostly incoherent. See here for example:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Magica_De_Spell

Back