• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big DuckTales Revisions

So I've been looking at the profiles and threads and the verse has a lot of really bad treatment plaguing it, no offense. It's because of that I wanted to make a thread since I really don't like seeing my boi Scrooge being offed like this.

First off, the entire Scrooge McDuck profile. The problem is here that it merges multiple incarnations of Scrooge McDuck unjustifiably. Why is this the case? Well, there was a huge revision thread on this, right? Welp, I made the profile originally on another wiki for a friend for a Composite version of him. The person who imported it over decided to word from word take everything I had on this page and in the process, they ****** up the entire structure of the pages. I do not mean to sound rude, but I think the pages needs to change all of the wording it currently has. It's all plagiarized from another wiki if we're being completely technical. Something such as "The Neverest Ninny" is a DuckTales 2017 thing for example.

My main problem with the "Original" Scrooge McDuck profile though is that it merges the Comics iteration and TV iteration from the 80s. These should notably be two different versions of the character. One of them is directly made by Carl Barks while the other has some of the adaptations of the original. As such, both are different takes of the character and need to be split as a result. The original can just keep the Comics stuff while 1987 Scrooge needs his own profile. Also, if there are questions on the game, Remastered seems to follow the events of the cartoon rather than the comics. So if anything, the Remastered abilities just get moved to the 1987 profile while the original DuckTales pretty much has the same abilities, so they'd share those abilities. This is because the classic DuckTales game is more akin to the appearance of the Comics Scrooge while Remastered is true to the cartoon canon. DuckTales 2 would stay on the Comics profile as well. As for stuff the Duckforce Rises stuff, that also can stay on the Original profile since it uses the comics depiction of Scrooge.

Now for the formatting errors on the profiles:

- Immortality Type 1 is unsourced. There's no need for Longevity and Immortality Type 1 since Type 1 is better. Longevity seems to be better via the scan already on the profile but pick one, it can't be both.

- Killing all enemies on screen would just be Dura Negation now since it pretty much just acts as a One Hit Kill move, which got removed.

- The Money Bin destruction was already calced so there is no need for the "possibly higher" rating when it got Building level. It doesn't appear it was accepted though, so it just should be evaluated.

- The planet calculation for Super Scrooge & Super Goof needs to be evaluated as well as to which end applies nor does it seem like it was ever even actually accepted.

- Longevity on the 2017 profile needs to be shifted up since it comes after a resistance, also with the justification that Scrooge has been around even before 1896 and he was a young adult even then.

- The Dreamcatcher doesn't have "Fire Inducement," I have no idea where the hell that came from.

- Resistance to extreme heat shouldn't even be on the 2017 profile, that's something from the Remastered game which literally predates the reboot as a whole.

- Scrooge needs a downgrade to Massively Hypersonic since there was agreement in another thread that Scrooge doesn't scale to Storkules.

Overall, tl;dr if you see a Scrooge looking like this, it's the 1987 one. If you see a Scrooge looking like this, it's the Comic one. Now, discuss.

I think that this makes sense, and would also appreciate if we kept the Carl Barks/Don Rosa comicbook version of Scrooge separate from the two DuckTales versions.

Have you asked other members for help with this?

Also, do you have any ideas for how to split up the Carl Barks/Don Rosa comicbook version and the DuckTales TV version?

I want to point out that the Planet pushing feat was evaluated, but Darkanine's contributions were deleted as she disabled her account, causing the blogs she made to merge with Amelia's blogs, thus, removing the comments.

It wouldnt really matter anyways, as the timing is somewhat wrong, given I was saying the line "There! Theyre on their way!", and took me 3 seconds to say it. Ergo, that may need to be recalced.

Darkanine simply changed account name. She did not delete her account.

Okay. Feel free to ask the calc group for help if you wish.

And here is the recalc. I excluded the Earth end because of how its stated to be a small world, and given its looks, that doesnt appear to be warrenting the size of Earth. It has been placed in the evaluations thread.

Antvasima said:
Have you asked other members for help with this?

Also, do you have any ideas for how to split up the Carl Barks/Don Rosa comicbook version and the DuckTales TV version?
Anyone?

The calc was reviewed, and the high end (Mars) was accepted. Scrooges profile needs to be unlocked so I can replace the calc.

I just realized the Money Bin feat links to an unrelated fight with the Duck Warlock as well. The calc should be replaced for it.

Also, it's just a matter of dividing their profiles and making two different ones. The original page should stay for the Comics version and we can make a new one for the 80s Scrooge.

@Psychomaster

Thank you. Should the page stay unlocked?

PlozAlcachaz said:
Also, it's just a matter of dividing their profiles and making two different ones. The original page should stay for the Comics version and we can make a new one for the 80s Scrooge.
That seems fine.

Okay. Is somebody interested in splitting up the page to the Carl Barks/Don Rosa comicbook version and the original unrelated DuckTales TV version?

This is somewhat unrelated, while also being related, but I have a major issue with this city block level calc , that being the fact they assumed the Money Bin was 80 percent hollow even though solid gold, silver, and copper reaches from the bottom of his vault at the bottom of the building itself, to up about 30 meters, within the 39 meter tall building.

On top of this, the right sectional view of the official blueprints for the Money Bin show that the vault section makes up 80 percent of the building's mass by itself

This isn't even taking into account that much of the other mass within the vault on the floor rooms are dedicated to storage of things like diamonds and bullions.

I highly suggest getting the feat recalced based on this information, before settling with any other changes.

That makes sense to me. Is somebody willing to handle a recalculation?

I would appreciate if somebody asks some calc group members to help out with the recalculation: VS Battles Staff

Spino has requested tasks to do, so you can ask him for example.

I would also greatly appreciate if somebody asks the people listed under "Disney" in the Knowledgeable Members List to help out here with splitting up the Scrooge McDuck profile into his comicbooks and original DuckTales TV show incarnations. You can ask the staff members listed in the Disney verse page for help as well.

Thank you. It would be appreciated if you ask some other experienced and/or knowledgeable members as well.

Okay, the recalculations should be made then evaluated, and the rest of the changes at the OP seem fine.

Now the problem is doing them, well, as we can see with the other replies, the best is to just tackle the calcs first, then the rest can be organized to go in the respective incarnation.

@Stalker

Thank you for helping out.

@All

It seems like this has been accepted, but we need our members to help out with deciding what to do exactly, and applying the work involved in these changes.

For what it's worth, the 5-A feat was evaluated but when I changed my account name, all the comments on my calcs were deleted. That's wikia for you.

I agree the profile should probably be based entirely off the mainline comics without cartoon, game or reboot (or reboot comics) and the other changes seem reasonable.

@Amelia

Thank you for the evaluation.

@Stalker

That is how I see it as well, but I need help from the community to make it happen.

I would call the pages "Scrooge McDuck (Comics)" and "Scrooge McDuck (DuckTales 1987)" or something like that instead though.

Well, I watched all of it, but that was long ago, so I do not remember any particular feats. Are you willing to help out Amelia?

Back