• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big AP Upgrade for Stinger (OPM)

Recon1511

He/Him
So I was re-reading OPM and I noticed that in the volume 8 bonus chapter "Lost Cat" Stinger manages to rip off the paw of the Demon Level monster Grizzly Nyah and is even confident he can finish it off on his next attack.

These monsters were giving some trouble to Genos after the DSK arc (The placement on the timeline of this chapter is kinda vague but it's definitely after the DSK arc but before Genos fights with G4 because Saitama is B Class and Genos doesn't have his G4 upgrades).

Simple enough, Stinger gets upgraded to High 7-C because of this and Lighting Genji would too if he had a profile.
I've also noticed that his Gigantic Drill Stinger technique seems to make him fast enough to blitz 4 Sea Folk so I guess that counts as an speed/attack speed amp?

Iaian Pre-MA arc key, Jumping Spider, Child Emperor (without gear) and Great Philosopher scale above him so they should get upgraded too

Stinger profile would look like this:
Attack Potency: Large Town Level (Considered to be rather strong even for an A-Class hero, took down an army of Seafolk singlehandedly and tore the arm off of a Grizzly Nyah offspring)

Speed: At least Supersonic+ (Should be much faster than the likes of in training Saitama) higher with Gigantic Drill Stinger (Able to blitz 4 Seafolk at the same time that were previously keeping up with him)

Last edited:
Yes, but it had enough AP to send him flying through a wall and enough durability to not be killed inmediatly by him with melee blows and Genos noted its "tougher than anticipated"
I'll see what others have to say about this.

Honestly, I could understand if this could potentially be an outlier.

Maybe it is fine if only his AP with bamboo scales to this. His durability should't scale as we know Tiger-level threats have shown harming him.

Oh and one more thing does this count as shockwave manipulation/air manipulation? Because if it does I would like to add it to his abilities as well
p_21.jpg

That's why I said only his AP (with the Bamboo) scales. His attacks have great penetrating power. Human Garou is weak against cutting/piercing attacks.

I'm neutral about the shockwave thing. Though, I think it makes sense.

That's why I said only his AP (with the Bamboo) scales. His attacks have great penetrating power. Humam Garou is weak against cutting/piercing attacks.

I'm neutral about the shockwave thing. Though, I think it makes sense.
Something like:
"Attack Potency: At least Small Building Level physically (Should be superior to Snek), Large Town Level with Bamboo Shoot (With his piercing attacks he took down an army of Seafolk singlehandedly and tore the arm off of a Grizzly Nyah offspring)"

By the way, the Sky Folk 8-B scaling was deemed invalid so it's most likely we end up using this Tiger Level monster that Snek beat to scale featless A class heroes superior or that at least should be comparable to him.

Last edited:
This scaling would imply the Sea Folk are in any way close to Sea King.

So I think applying it to his weaponry is better.

Last edited:
This scaling would imply the Sea Folk are in any way close to Sea King.

So I think applying it to his weaponry is better.
Something like:
"Attack Potency: At least Small Building Level physically (Should be superior to Snek), Large Town Level with Bamboo Shoot (With his piercing attacks he took down an army of Seafolk singlehandedly. Tore the arm off of a Grizzly Nyah offspring)"
You agree with this then? Neat, how about the shockwave/air manipulation stuff?

I need to make a CRT about Snek I think, would be nice if some CGM have a look at the calc first tho

Yes, but it had enough AP to send him flying through a wall
Genos went crashing through a wall, completely undamaged and unfazed, with his attention immediately being directed towards Saitama after recognizing him. The Grizzly Nyah knocking him through a wall without even remotely harming him is not grounds for scaling whatsoever, because the Grizzly Nyah did not harm him.

Carnage Kabuto could knock Saitama around his battle stage with ease (he even started blocking towards the end!), and even Garou could cram him into the ground with a karate chop, are they both Multi-Continent level?
and enough durability to not be killed inmediatly by him with melee blows and Genos noted its "tougher than anticipated"
This is never suggested. The events of their short-lived battle — short-lived because Genos effortlessly incinerated the monster, sustaining only damage to his shirt — both before and after Saitama appeared, are completely unknown.
I honestly don't see how it's an outlier tbh
An A-class hero on the same level as one of the most powerful S-class heroes???
defeated 6 Tiger level threats in 10v1 (that's assuming the other 4 he killed at the same time weren't Tiger level as well)
Tiger.
and damaged Garou with his attack with Garou saying "that was close" after narrowly dodging it.
Garou was at his absolute lowest (High 7-C Chain'n'toad?), and the attack was hurling directly towards his face, and he was caught off-guard. When on-guard, though, Garou managed to control the flow of the thrust.

Genos went crashing through a wall, completely undamaged and unfazed, with his attention immediately being directed towards Saitama after recognizing him. The Grizzly Nyah knocking him through a wall without even remotely harming him is not grounds for scaling whatsoever, because the Grizzly Nyah did not harm him.

Carnage Kabuto could knock Saitama around his battle stage with ease (he even started blocking towards the end!), and even Garou could cram him into the ground with a karate chop, are they both Multi-Continent level?

This is never suggested. The events of their short-lived battle — short-lived because Genos effortlessly incinerated the monster, sustaining only damage to his shirt — both before and after Saitama appeared, are completely unknown.

An A-class hero on the same level as one of the most powerful S-class heroes???

Tiger.

Garou was at his absolute lowest (High 7-C Chain'n'toad?), and the attack was hurling directly towards his face, and he was caught off-guard. When on-guard, though, Garou managed to control the flow of the thrust.
No idea why are you trying to use Saitama here, he just facetanks attacks and lets himself be ragdolled around because he knows they won't harm him unlike Genos who usually goes all out and after his defeat against DSK doesn't lower his guard, the cat sending him flying through the wall is an indicative that the fight wasn't particularly easy.

In any case what concerns me here is the durability of the monster, which is what Stinger actually scales to, Grizzly Nyah survives an initial encounter with Genos and still has enough force and vitality on its body to send him flying through the wall with Genos noting that it's "stronger than anticipated" but that he still managed to wound it.

What's the issue? Genos is hardly "one of the most powerful S class heroes" in this key and he would still upscale from Stinger regardless, we literally have 7-B disciples on the wiki. Stinger is way above the average A class hero on the virtue of his fast climb through the ranks and the fact he defeated 6 (possibly up to 10) Tiger level threats on his own when average A Class Heroes are expected to deal with 1 or 2 at most (and some even get completely stomped by just one like Heavy Kong vs Marshall Gorilla)

Last edited:
Genos is hardly "one of the most powerful S class heroes" in this key and he would still upscale from Stinger regardless
Defeated "countless monsters and evil organizations". With perfect physicals, was instantly promoted to S-class. Went toe-to-toe with the Deep Sea King, one of the worst monsters in the series who also effortlessly dominated Stinger.
we literally have 7-B disciples on the wiki.
Disciples of who? Of what rank? Potential to reach which class?
Stinger is way above the average A class hero on the virtue of his fast climb through the ranks and the fact he defeated 6 (possibly up to 10) Tiger level threats on his own when average A Class Heroes are expected to deal with 1 or 2 at most (and some even get completely stomped by just one like Heavy Kong vs Marshall Gorilla)
Those six Tigers? Kicked his friggin' ass.

Neutral on the other stuff, but (barring Genos, who notably needed new arms for the fight in the first place) DSK only defeated one of the weakest S-Class. He's not really that strong compared to some of the stronger Demon levels, even to the point where Genos (who goes on to match numerous Demon levels) could easily kill his hydrated form after the Alien Conqueror Arc.

Also, it's explained that there was no S-Class when most of them became heroes.

Let's look at the full list of S-Class who are stronger than him even after this point.
  • Blast
  • Tatsumaki
  • Bang
  • Drive Knight
  • Pig God
  • Darkshine
  • Watchdog Man
  • Flashy Flash
  • Metal Bat
  • Tanktop Master
That's most of the S-Class, even if we don't include Metal Knight and Child Emperor's technology.

Last edited:
I'm not even saying Stinger could beat DSK, he gets horribly speed blitzed and just one shotted since he still has 9-A durability lol

Kulf didn't edit his calc to be accepted, and it's a really small change like using 6 j/cc instead of 10 j/cc

I think I might just create a blog myself with the edited calc if he isn't gonna do it

This is the calc btw

I think it got accepted, finally.

So one question, should Iaian (Pre-MA arc), Child Emperor and Great Philosopher scale to the 9-A or High 7-C value?

I just think that all A class heroes should be comparable or stronger than Snek given that he is the lowest ranked A Class hero.

I know power isn't everything when it comes to rating but there is a reason why he is so low.

Well he is described as S Class worthy maybe a "possibly High 7-C" rating could work

Back