• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The content revision thread is finally ready! I find there are scaling and ranking problems with the BFDI series on the VS Battles Wiki, so I will be addressing them. The goal of this revision is to make what's acknowledged more organized and refined.

First of all, the characters shouldn't have a variable rank. Their power does not vary, their feats do. If the characters varied in power, we can't scale the Have Cots to many other characters. The characters should still be ranked the way they are, but they should have "Varies" removed so it won't imply that they actually vary.

Now for the main topic. For a long time, I have been silent about the tiering for the power of the contestants. I have accepted people scaling the contestants to Four, but I don't actually agree with it very much. Now I'm going to explain it and hope the tiering gets better with my help.

There is a very infamous argument. During BFB 3, Four zaps Gelatin many times without killing him. Seeing all the evidence of contestants not scaling means I could write that this is a mere outlier, but I'll make my explanation more interesting. Four is very known for holding back his power, even when angry, just so the target can feel pain instead of die. This is shown and explained during post-split BFB. During BFB 17, Four got mad at Balloony because he high-fived Lollipop, then he pulled Balloony's fingers to make his hand look how he wants it to look. This is brought up and clarified during BFB 30. Four is more sadistic than murderous. Four usually makes characters hurt than injured with his zapping, seen on other occasions such as during BFB 12, when Gaty got zapped and was more surprised than anything else. We can see that Four's zapping is an attack that is more like raw electrocution rather than a beam attack. Otherwise, it is a beam that he can control the power of. During BFB 4, Death P.A.C.T. stopped doing the challenge to prevent Four from having the minor inconvenience of being poked by forks, by blocking them. Later on in that episode, Bottle was worried that Four would fry the team. The amount of forks was significantly larger than during BFB 3, so it seems that Bottle suggested that Four went easy on Gelatin when three forks poked him during BFB 3, but Four would've really hurt Death P.A.C.T. during BFB 4 if many forks poked him. We can even see Four smiling while zapping Gelatin during BFB 3, so instead of the idea "Gelatin survived attacks from Four when enraged.", it's actually "Four zapped Gelatin to make Gelatin feel pain so Four could cheer up.". That is the kind of stuff we see when the contestants supposedly scale to Four. Another example during BFB 3 is Four smacking Nickel. Four seemed angry, but he must have been resisting his full power to smack Nickel, since Nickel made him angry for something rather insignificant and Nickel needed to be alive for the Cake at Steak so it would've been inconvenient to kill Nickel when everyone was ready.

With the above paragraph in mind, I'll go over all the possible times contestants have been portrayed as comparable to Four. I am deliberately skipping moments when Donut had the factor of Four and I will mention them later. During BFB 1, Liy squished a bump of Four to see what he is made of. Scaling Liy to Four due to that would be like arguing that Majin Buu from Dragon Ball is human level because bullets were able to dent him. Majin Buu being affected bullets was to display his regeneration, like how Liy squishing the side of Four was to display that his body is very malleable. During BFB 1, Pillow fought Four to try and get him to stop screeching. Right after, Four despawned Pillow as if nothing happened, so this isn't reliable evidence of contestants scaling to him. During BFB 6, A Better Name Than That used a sled to push Donut and X into Four to defeat him. That was exploiting a weakness Four has, of being a number that can be multiplied by zero, so that doesn't make them scale to Four. During BFB 15, Four seemed very annoyed at a few members of Death P.A.C.T. sticking their arms out of his mouth from inside of him. However, being annoyed is not getting hurt, and it seemed to be easily temporarily solved during previous occurrences. During BFB 16, the fire of Firey Jr. reached Four and knocked him out. However, that took place inside of Four, which means Four may be internally not as fire resistant as he is externally. Additionally, this can very well of been plot-induced stupidity to have Spongy and Loser escape Four. During BFB 25, Gelatin smacked Four. Four called Gelatin's arm a noodle arm, so while this does suggest some comparability from contestants, it's not very much. During BFB 26, Four violently and angrily slammed Profile Picture down when he was ranting about how he isn't respected. That moment may be questionable to write that Four was going easy on them. This still isn't reliable because five other contestants were holding Profile Picture plus Four's magic was pulling Profile Picture upward. Four had plenty of force interfering with him slamming Profile Picture onto the ground, so along with him maybe not trying to injure Profile Picture despite being angry as he's shown with other contestants, I wouldn't use this moment to scale contestants to Four.

Now I will go over all the times contestants were portrayed as inferior to Four. I am deliberately skipping moments when Donut had the factor of Four and I will mention them later. As mentioned before, during BFB 1, Four resisted Pillow fighting him and despawned her as if nothing happened. During BFB 2, Blocky got knocked down by bumping into Four. Keep in mind that Blocky is a very strong contestant. During BFB 4, Four casually blocked Teardrop by putting his hand out. During BFB 6, Stapy angrily threw a fork at Four with very little effect. During BFB 10, David was helpless when Four grabbed him. During BFB 11, Pin got overpowered by Four moving her arm to grab a token from her. During BFB 13, Tree was unable to open Four's mouth in the slightest. During BFB 16, Snowball who is a strong contestant was extremely surprised at Four struggling to do something, and that struggle of sucking in Spongy is regarded as plot-induced stupidity. During BFB 16, it took all the contestants participating in BFB as of that episode to barely save two eliminated contestants being sucked into Four. During BFB 18, Four accidentally killed Lollipop by patting her too hard. During BFB 19, Four stopped the FreeSmart Supervan by simply putting his hand out.

So now of course, I need to explain how the scaling should work. The tiers of the characters will stay very similar. The contestants should simply scale to Donut with the factor of Four instead of directly Four. When Donut had Four's powers, he was not very knowledgable of how to use them. An argument against this is that Donut casually used one of Four's most potent abilities, reality warping, and that recovering characters properly takes practice, so Donut was equal to Four, but I can debunk that idea. Recovery is not the only ability that takes effort. We see that after Four zapped Gelatin many times, he was tired. Four has only ever used individual zaps on other occasions, and that is probably because zapping many times in quick succession drains him. We can see that Four needed to put effort in his motions when he was manipulating the ground to form towers on hills during BFB 18. Despite reality warping being very potent, Four and Donut being able to do it casually means it's not a skill that is difficult to use in the BFDI series. We see effort in using abilities applied to Donut too, in how he needed to put in effort while earthbending Earth into his camera portal, and obviously in how Donut didn't know how to recover contestants. There is even consistency with this, like how it only took a snap for Donut to manipulate gravity, exactly like how Four casually does. This is clearly an actual aspect of Four's abilities. It may be counterintuitive to some debaters, but the potency of an ability does not need to match with how much skill it takes to use it. So, when Donut earthbended Earth into his camera portal, it may have looked like it took some effort, but not too much. When Four manipulated earth to form towers on hills, he did so telekinetically. Perhaps he could have did it casually if he touched the ground, and built only hills instead of fragile towers. Donut having an easier time moving the Earth implies that Four can do it better anyway. On the topic of powerscaling contestants, we can see that, in complete contrast to Four, characters seem to be able to affect Donut perfectly fine. Lollipop was able to chomp Donut's hands, and all eight members of A Better Name Than That were able to stretch Donut's hole. Those two occurrences were during the same episode that Donut moved the Earth, around the scene he did so. It is blatant that the contestants scale to Donut with the factor of Four, while only barely being in the same caliber as Four at most.

So what should the contestants be ranked as? Actually almost the exact same as they are now, but for different reasons. The large town level+ rank can remain the same since Four interferes with none of it. (Though to be honest I think the planetary rank is pretty solid.) The large planet level rank can be scaling to Donut using the factor of Four as well as the Have Nots. The at most large star level rank stems from the feat by the Have Cots and the slight comparability to Four the contestants have shown. As for Four, he should have solely a large star level rank. Large planet level is outdated and only on his profile to preserve the information about it, but it can be preserved by using Four being stronger than Donut using his powers as the reason for it to be there. Donut using the factor of Four should have "at most" in front of large star level, like the contestants, since he scales to them and did not have Four's full power. As for Black Hole (at a small size), the only contestant who is drastically stronger than the rest, I think his rank is fine, though people forgot that he has passive deconstruction which makes it hard to tell exactly how strong he is.

Hopefully this thread is agreeable. Tell me what you think.

First of all, the characters shouldn't have a variable rank. Their power does not vary, their feats do. If the characters varied in power, we can't scale the Have Cots to many other characters. The characters should still be ranked the way they are, but they should have "Varies" removed so it won't imply that they actually vary.
That's pretty much the same thing though, the contestant's feats vary throughout the series because their strength does, so a Varies tier would make the most sense.

As for the contestant's not scaling to Four. While I do personally agree that Four is stronger than the contestants, and ignoring that nuking Four scaling would change literally none of the contestant's stats (All of Four's feats are actually inferior to feats preformed by the contestants, and that does include FoF Donut), many of the examples you bring up of the contestants being inferior to Four, aren't really good/don't actually show the contestants being inferior

Blocky falling over after walking into Four appears to be more because Blocky wasn't expecting Four to be there (Not to mention he wasn't even hurt in the slightest, so I'm not sure how that would show that Blocky's inferior to Four), and Four "blocking" Teardrop is just him putting his hand in her face (Again, not evidence for Teardrop being inferior)

I'll finish this in a bit, but I'm busy at the moment

I disagree with removing the Varies tier. BFDI is another cartoon verse that feels inconsistent yet consistent at the same time because of gags, not something like DBZ where they train, so removing 5-A and High 4-C from everyone is entirely pointless if their power is meant to vary due to the mood of entertainment the writers want it to be.

I do however agree Large Planet should be removed because of the tier 4 feats already being backed up by the tier 5 ones which aren't too far behind.

theres one thing id like to say about this verse for now, i think evil leafy's non combat applicable 4-A should be removed, if they were able to create multiple solar systems using energy, then why can't they apply that energy to something else? i might make a full revision about this. but for this thread im neutral currently

For the variable ranking aspect mentioned by more than one debater, I should explain it using examples since I am better for with that. During BFDI 5, Needle popped her star cake. Needle smacked Coiny during BFDIA, where she has a far lower feat. Needle's power varying makes perfect sense, but if a Coiny page were to be made, he would also have a variable rank by scaling to other contestants despite them not being at their peak strength at all times. I already know they are inconsistent cartoon characters, but I'm trying to convey that the ranking needs to actually express that or else we should only have multiple tiers for them rather than explicitly mentioning that the contestants vary. With the way the current rankings are, there is literally no reason to keep track of which contestants harmed each other and which are portrayed as stronger than others (expect for Black Hole), since they are all simply considered varying in the same caliber being contestants.

As for what specifically Soupywolf5 wrote so far:
That's pretty much the same thing though, the contestant's feats vary throughout the series because their strength does, so a Varies tier would make the most sense.

As for the contestant's not scaling to Four. While I do personally agree that Four is stronger than the contestants, and ignoring that nuking Four scaling would change literally none of the contestant's stats (All of Four's feats are actually inferior to feats preformed by the contestants, and that does include FoF Donut), many of the examples you bring up of the contestants being inferior to Four, aren't really good/don't actually show the contestants being inferior

Blocky falling over after walking into Four appears to be more because Blocky wasn't expecting Four to be there (Not to mention he wasn't even hurt in the slightest, so I'm not sure how that would show that Blocky's inferior to Four), and Four "blocking" Teardrop is just him putting his hand in her face (Again, not evidence for Teardrop being inferior)

I'll finish this in a bit, but I'm busy at the moment
(I answered the first paragraph above.)

I should mention that I know the contestants stats wouldn't change if we stopped scaling contestants to Four. The goal of this blog post is not to downgrade the contestants by any means.

Blocky knew Four was there, he was telling Four to recover Golf Ball and Tennis Ball. The point of the clip of Four blocking Teardrop is that he did so casually. This one is less solid than the others but it still is worth putting here because normally it isn't that easy to block someone if the two characters are of similar strength.

Last edited:
after thinking about it, i agree, we should stop scaling to four. its clealy obvious four is meant to be way above what the contestants can do, thats the point of a host in context.
Great. However, keep in mind that Four being a host doesn't necessarily make him superior to all the contestants. The Announcer has never been superior to all the contestants, and X was vulnerable to intimidation that Snowball was never able to do with Four. I think Four is the first example of a host the contestants are worried of messing with.

Yes he was clawing her, except it took him several hits to do, plus sound wouldve been capable of negating durability anyways which is why we dont see her body
Bumping into people =/= being weaker than them
That was restraining Teardrop which moreso falls under Lifting Strength, and Lifting Strength =/= Striking Strength
Forks are not meant to be that strong for piercing
Again, that is incapacitation which would require LS to restrain, not SS
See 3rd and 5th points
See 3rd and 5th points
See 3rd and 5th points
He was doing it much harder and faster overtime to a point the sheer quick blows are what killed her, but it wasn't instant
See 3rd and 5th points

Overall, yes Four has shown some cases to be superior but many of these cases are only him having higher LS while others are just him taking much more hits to kill the contestants. Whereas other times the contestants have been shown to consistently take his attacks. Furthermore, nothing implies Four was actually holding back, as he was clearly beating Gelatin senselessly to a point of nearly killing him within multiple strikes had X not interrupted him.

Yes he was clawing her, except it took him several hits to do, plus sound wouldve been capable of negating durability anyways which is why we dont see her body

Bumping into people =/= being weaker than them

That was restraining Teardrop which moreso falls under Lifting Strength, and Lifting Strength =/= Striking Strength

Forks are not meant to be that strong for piercing

Again, that is incapacitation which would require LS to restrain, not SS

See 3rd and 5th points

See 3rd and 5th points

See 3rd and 5th points

He was doing it much harder and faster overtime to a point the sheer quick blows are what killed her, but it wasn't instant

See 3rd and 5th points
For Pillow VS Four during BFB 1, are you conveying that it was inconsequential with the powerscaling? I can see that, especially since I kind of wrote it too in the part where I debunk moments of contestants scaling to Four. However, the reasoning you gave for why it isn't evidence of Four being superior to contestants has its mysteries such as how Four didn't kill Lollipop by screeching in her ear during BFB 5. It doesn't seem like Four's screeching is that loud, enough to vaporize water. It's enough to make characters dizzy, like it was shown time and time again. What I had in mind is that Four despawned Pillow, not as in regular death but as in Four's ambiguous ability, meaning it is very possible that he simply one-shot her with a good hit off-screen (while three contestants were surprised).

For Blocky getting knocked down by bumping into Four, your response ignores the main point that Blocky got knocked down. The bumping was just the method in which Blocky got knocked down. Blocky straight-up got knocked over the whole other direction while Four ignored him. That is a sign that Four much stronger. Keep in mind I'm not arguing Four is utterly unstoppable compared to an individual contestant. I consider Four's inclusion in the BFDI series the equivalent of an over powered DLC character being added to a fighting game. It's not impossible to defeat the character, but it changes how everyone fights entirely, even if they were previously regarded as the strongest.

For Teardrop getting blocked by Four, I guess you're right. It wasn't too definite anyway.

For Stapy throwing a fork at Four being ineffective, watch this powerscaling. Gelatin threw a fork at Pen and knocked him over (into Black Hole). Gelatin died from banging his head on a big jawbreaker. Stapy was able to easily smash a big jawbreaker open, proving he is a strong contestant. Despite that, him vigorously throwing a fork at Four did almost nothing. If forks are supposed to do absolutely no knockback if the target doesn't expect it, then Pen would not of gotten knocked back a bit to be sucked into Black Hole.

For David being helplessly carried by Four, I guess you're right again.

For Pin getting overpowered by Four moving her arm to grab a token from her, what got my attention about this scene in particular is that Pin's wrist got bent and then her arm laid dangled out afterward, which means Four attacked her too instead of only pulling her arm up. That's probably why she let go of the token so quickly in the first place.

For Tree being unable to open Four's mouth in the slightest, wouldn't he of been clawing?

For it taking all the contestants participating in BFB as of episode 16 to barely save two eliminated contestants being sucked into Four, you're right again but this stuff has to mean something. My goal is to draw attention to Four's portrayal rather than implement feats y'know. As long as Four is portrayed as much stronger than contestants without using hax, I can consider him physically superior and make it questionable for the contestants to be scaled to him, without actually debunking the idea of contestants scaling to him which is exactly what I want. Contestants do scale to Four a little bit, I just want to profiles to state something like "somewhat comparable to Four" instead of "survived attacks from an aggressive Four". Currently the BFDI pages give the impression that the contestants are in the exact same caliber as Four, when that clearly isn't the case given almost all of the lifting strengths of the contestants combined is comparable to Four's individual forceful pulling.

For Lollipop accidentally being killed by Four by him patting her too hard, I interpret this scene as Four trying to be gentle, but Balloony encouraging Four to continue patting made him do it too hard and shatter Lollipop. The speed was probably an additional factor.

For the FreeSmart Supervan crashing by Four simply putting his hand out, that's where the line draws with lifting strength. Resisting the force of a moving van (that isn't as weak as in real life compared to the BFDI characters) is a physical endurance feat, and caused contestants inside the van to be launched to the front of the van.

Overall, yes Four has shown some cases to be superior but many of these cases are only him having higher LS while others are just him taking much more hits to kill the contestants. Whereas other times the contestants have been shown to consistently take his attacks. Furthermore, nothing implies Four was actually holding back, as he was clearly beating Gelatin senselessly to a point of nearly killing him within multiple strikes had X not interrupted him.
About the lifting strength part, my response higher up about many contestants being even to individually Four during BFB 16 is worth noting again. The goal of this thread is not to downgrade the contestants, it's just to show that they should be portrayed as physically in a lower caliber than Four, while still scaling to him a little bit like they already are. For the rest of what you wrote here: it was explained that Four holds back his power, even when angry, in order to make contestants hurt instead of dead. I gave the evidence in my initial post. Gelatin took many zaps from Four, but Four made it that way so Gelatin can feel a lot of pain instead of Gelatin quickly getting killed in a couple of hits.

Last edited:
I know you are trying to say the contestants are weaker than Four which I agree, but I am saying that they are consistently able to take hits from Four and even preform feats such as the Have Nots rotating Earth or the Have Cots pushing the sun, which is just the matter of Four upscaling since he is meant to be stronger.

The rating goes like this:

Everyone else: Varies from Large Town level (Comparable to those who can harm members of WOAH Bunch, who are able to survive being hurled to Yoyleland yielding this much energy) to Large Star level (Comparable to members of the Have Cots, who were able to push the sun. Comparable to Needle, who survived crashing into her star-sized cake which ultimately destroyed it. Comparable to members of the Have Nots, who are able to rotate the Earth)

Four and Black Hole: Large Star level (Far superior to the rest of the contestants)

Last edited:
Great. However, keep in mind that Four being a host doesn't necessarily make him superior to all the contestants. The Announcer has never been superior to all the contestants, and X was vulnerable to intimidation that Snowball was never able to do with Four. I think Four is the first example of a host the contestants are worried of messing with.
the annoucer's budget cuts and his "magic tricks" always bewilder the contestants, as for X, refer to bfb 29 when he learned how to use four-like power, making him superior to them(albeit still being nice)

I know you are trying to say the contestants are weaker than Four which I agree, but I am saying that they are consistently able to take hits from Four and even preform feats such as the Have Nots rotating Earth or the Have Cots pushing the sun, which is just the matter of Four upscaling since he is meant to be stronger.

The rating goes like this:

Everyone else: Varies from Large Town level (Comparable to those who can harm members of WOAH Bunch, who are able to survive being hurled to Yoyleland yielding this much energy) to Large Star level (Comparable to members of the Have Cots, who were able to push the sun. Comparable to Needle, who survived crashing into her star-sized cake which ultimately destroyed it. Comparable to members of the Have Nots, who are able to rotate the Earth)

Four and Black Hole: Large Star level (Far superior to the rest of the contestants)
Awesome, that is very similar to what I had in mind! 🌟 I still think we should keep large planet level for contestants because of Donut using Four's powers being like that and not knowing how to use Four's powers. I'm sure I can work something out.

so now that my opinion on this thread has settled, i would like to know why Evil Leafy's 4-A feat is non combat applicable, the contestants fear her the same amount if not more than four and her powers are much more mysterious. if she generates the mulit solar systems passively and has no way to use that energy to something else(AP ss ls) then it would be non combat applicable. if she did not and can use this energy it should be combat applicable, however we do not know much about evil leafy, if not nothing at all. I think it should be "Possibly Multi-solar system level" instead of just non combat applicable.

so now that my opinion on this thread has settled, i would like to know why Evil Leafy's 4-A feat is non combat applicable, the contestants fear her the same amount if not more than four and her powers are much more mysterious. if she generates the mulit solar systems passively and has no way to use that energy to something else(AP ss ls) then it would be non combat applicable. if she did not and can use this energy it should be combat applicable, however we do not know much about evil leafy, if not nothing at all. I think it should be "Possibly Multi-solar system level" instead of just non combat applicable.
Don't derail the thread. I still hope for more discussion about the revision, as well as how I should go about implementing it.

I still think we should keep large planet level for contestants because of Donut using Four's powers being like that and not knowing how to use Four's powers. I'm sure I can work something out.
And as I said earlier, 5-A is outdated since it already backs up Large Star. Just because Donut didnt have control of Fours powers doesnt mean his durability changed, but he moreso downscales. Plus, with the Have Nots' Earth Rotation and Needle's Cake Crash, its pretty much like Courage the Cowardly Dog where the mid end rating already supports the high end rating and is therefore pointless.

And as I said earlier, 5-A is outdated since it already backs up Large Star. Just because Donut didnt have control of Fours powers doesnt mean his durability changed, but he moreso downscales. Plus, with the Have Nots' Earth Rotation and Needle's Cake Crash, its pretty much like Courage the Cowardly Dog where the mid end rating already supports the high end rating and is therefore pointless.
Now that I think about it, it makes sense. From what I remember, the Have Nots moved the Earth at relativistic speeds, which is much better than when Donut moved the Earth at hypersonic speeds, so it is probably much stronger. I hope someone could calculate it to see if I'm correct. Speaking of Donut using Four's powers, while your ranking is good, Donut probably just never received the same durability as Four, so my idea still works. In any case, Donut won't be ranked how I first proposed, since the contestants won't have a planetary rank anymore. Great, thanks for helping me determine how I should implement this.

I see that my initial post got likes, which I'm assuming are agreements. My idea was slightly changed over the course of discussing it with others here, but I think the revision is ready. I'm hoping I can do it myself, so I can be sure that the terminology is correct. Don't worry about the varies rank, I'll leave it alone when I make the changes (except for the top tiers that are now accepted to not vary). Thanks for discussing it here!

Last edited:
Perfect, the revision is now finished. That was basically all I wanted to do with this thread. Thank you for taking part in the revision. 🌟

Back