• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Basil recently moved to Hometown and it looks like Berdly got on Basil's nerves

Bird Brain VS. Flower Boy

Both 10B
Neither have weapons
Battle takes place in the school
Win by death or incap
Otherwise it's standard SBA

Last edited:
Basil has ever so slightly more experience (unless we wanna count Noelle's DW fights, but those were drastically different than what would be happening here), but Noelle is much more agile due to being an athlete on the cross-country team.

Voting Noelle for being more agile and having horns ig

Basil has ever so slightly more experience (unless we wanna count Noelle's DW fights, but those were drastically different than what would be happening here), but Noelle is much more agile due to being an athlete on the cross-country team.

Voting Noelle for being more agile and having horns ig
Noelle FRA. Actually forgot she was part of the cross-country team lol

Yeah, gonna vote Noelle for the actual athleticism, as opposed to the teenager who likes flowers & is prone to panic attacks.

Burghley's a more suitable opponent for this featless normal human match-up :squint:

But anyways Noelle is 10-A so I'm pretty sure she stomps

I'll swap it to Berdly then, that will make the argument more about if Dark World fighting experience counts
I mean you could've just made a separate thread & linked it here, people were already voting for Noelle....

But okay. What's the case for Basil vs Berdly?

As best, I can tell, Basil could "lift Mari's body by a rope into a tree at the age of 12", "take hits from Sunny", & is a "physically average high school student with a love of gardening".

What does Berdly have for combat experience? He lacks his Halberd, & I'm unsure if he did more than stand in place in battle firing off attacks. Sure he can dodge, but when he doesn't do so normally, it's unclear if Mr. Bookworm Bird Nerd Himself would do so very skillfully.

None of his Light World statistics have any justification, other than his AP stating that he appears to be an ordinary teenager.
Maybe he has hollow bones that are vulnerable to bludgeoning (Like punching.) like a regular bird, or maybe he doesn't because monsters in Deltarune might be made of magic like those in Undertale are? Or not, since Deltarune is supposed to be somewhat different?

His profile gives him Flight (No justification, though. Because bird I guess? & how well does/would he fly anyway?) so that'd be an option. ....If he had any range.

Stamina-wise, Basil is "Likely Average" vs Berdly's "Average", both somewhat understandably unjustified.

Mari was a 15 year old girl, & one source says an average 15 year old girl weighs about 52.16 kg. But to Basil's discredit, he lifted into her a tree using a rope; Using ropes to lift things makes lifting them easier because it redistributes the weight; The rope handles some of the weight & also changes how the object can be lifted, since, with a pulley, for example, you can, pull downwards using your body's whole weight or such.

Average Human Lifting Strength ranges from 50 to 80 kg, & what Basil achieved with the help of a rope is barely above that baseline. I didn't see EXACTLY how he used the rope to move Mari's body into a tree, so maybe it's less unimpressive in the scene, wherever that is; If anyone has a link to its official depiction, if any, I'd appreciate it.
Still if he struggled at all....

Anyway, as best I can tell:

Basil:
Can take hits from Sunny
Has a LS feat that's more or less Average Human literally; It could actually be slightly below, because rope lifting mechanics, I think, as opposed to the other possibility of it being just slightly above.
Does outdoor work (gardening)

Berdly:
Might be smarter?
Could fly, maybe try divebombing Basil? (Unless he can do a flyover to slash Basil with his talons, this might be a bit of a kamikaze collision, though). IDK if he uses his flight in combat, at least as a Light Worlder.
The most physical activity I know of him doing is going to the library/Librarby to be a volunteer librarian. It's barely a few doors down from his school, & IDK of anyone who carries more than 50 kg of books at once. Plus, he's at the counter, so it might not be much physical work like book carting.
& Berdly might be more physically vulnerable IF the "bird" part of "bird monster" means hollow bones like IRL birds, but that's unknown.

Anyone wanna weigh in, please?

Back