• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beowulf (Myth) vs Rayman (Hands Down! comic)

The legendary monster arm tearer vs the armless thingamajig. Rayman is Wall level+ and Beowulf appears to be baseline Small Building level; both are Subsonic. I will change the rules if it appears to be unfair.

Beowulf: 7 (Dark-Carioca, Jackythejack, Mantidil, Doggo, Dinamic8000, Tonygameman, Peppersalt43)

Rayman (Hands Down! comic):

Inconclusive:

Beowulf AP: 0.005 Tons of TNT

Rayman AP: 0.00398 Tons of TNT

Last edited:
Bump. How much do you think Rayman’s elasticity would protect him against someone with slightly higher AP?

Beowulf is the more inherently skilled fighter, and he holds an AP advantage. He probably takes it unless Rayman is actually some super skilled fighter I don't know about.

Beowulf is the more inherently skilled fighter, and he holds an AP advantage. He probably takes it unless Rayman is actually some super skilled fighter I don't know about.
Well, this version of Rayman is from a short comic, so there isn’t much to go off of in terms of fighting skill. So it isn’t much of a stretch to say Beowulf is the more skilled fighter. Rayman arguably has the superior ranged options in this scenario though, just from being able to control his hands from a distance.

If Beowulf is stronger, then why does Rayman have a wall level+ rating, and he doesn't? That should be fixed.
Rayman arguably has the superior ranged options in this scenario though, just from being able to control his hands from a distance.
You could argue Beowulf would somewhat know how to deal with that, as he has fought beings with really long limbs. There's also the fact he could keep Rayman at bay with his bow.

If Beowulf is stronger, then why does Rayman have a wall level+ rating, and he doesn't? That should be fixed.
All I can guess is the profile was made without calcs.
You could argue Beowulf would somewhat know how to deal with that, as he has fought beings with really long limbs. There's also the fact he could keep Rayman at bay with his bow.
I haven’t read Beowulf in a while (and even then idk if I read the whole story), but Rayman’s hands seem to be smaller targets than what he usually faces as foes at a glance. Would Rayman’s elasticity be much help in the fight?

Here’s info on the comic for reference

Rayman has a calc for his strength but based on Beowulf's feat of his fight nearly destroying Heorot in his fight with Grendel, I'm inclined to go with him. If Heorot was more than big enough to house eight horses plus Beowulf and some people, as well as the monster Beowulf fought, then that's more impressive than shattering a metal wall as Rayman scales to.

Rayman might be faster but I don't think he's outlasting Beowulf, plus Beowulf has his sword and that gives him more range than Rayman's arms I think.

Rayman has a calc for his strength but based on Beowulf's feat of his fight nearly destroying Heorot in his fight with Grendel, I'm inclined to go with him. If Heorot was more than big enough to house eight horses plus Beowulf and some people, as well as the monster Beowulf fought, then that's more impressive than shattering a metal wall as Rayman scales to.

Rayman might be faster but I don't think he's outlasting Beowulf, plus Beowulf has his sword and that gives him more range than Rayman's arms I think.
Vote added.

Beowulf is likely more expereienced and skilled. I do think Rayman's physiology would mess him up some, but overall I think beowulf would end up taking it.

Bump. I’m curious why you believe that Beowulf’s sword would give him a greater range than his hands. I can believe his bow probably can go farther, but it looks like Rayman’s hands could go a decent distance: Link

Back