• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bendy vs. Inkling (An Ink-credible Battle)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
Ink is a liquid pigment that has been utilized by both man and animal for centuries. Whether it's organic ink found in common cephalopods, typically used as an escape mechanism, or man-made ink which is normally used for writing, printing or drawing things on some kind of paper. However, today's combatants are not only extremely familiar with this substance, but they have also managed to weaponize it. Be it an anthropomorphic squid who uses its ink as ammunition, or a living, breathing ink creature who uses its ink to ensnare its opponents and corrupt them. But which of these ink slingers will write the final epitaph on their opponents? Today, we find out!

In the blue corner, we have Bendy from Bendy and the Ink Machine, and in the red corner, we have one of the Inklings from Splatoon.

Bendy
InklingFighting
-This is a battle to the death. No holds barred.
-Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time. (Inkling is allowed the use of all its weapons during this fight.)

-Neither character is allowed outside help, meaning no other Inklings can help this one.

-The battle takes place in Joey Drew Studios, giving Bendy the home-court advantage, especially with the Ink Machine.

-Speed is equalized.

With all this being said, let the debate begin!

Inkling: 0

Bendy: 0

Inconclusive: 0

(Note: I am fully aware of the AP difference between the two characters, but I'm attempting to give Bendy the benefit of the doubt, considering the situation and their individual powersets.)

This is actually very interesting to think about. As you said, Inkling has an AP advantage. But Bendy also has ink manipulation, and we don't know for certain that he can ONLY use ink from the Ink Machine and can't just turn Inkling's own ink against him/her. But if we also follow Splatoon rules, Inkling is likely to destroy most of the area's ink supply by covering it with their own color, and if Bendy is limited to his own ink, that starts limiting his home-field advantage and giving Inkling increased mobility.

I might have to say I'm inconclusive right now, but I'm interested to keep up with this thread and see if other people bring up other points that sway my opinion one way or the other.

WeeklyBattles said:
Inklings are supposed to be upgraded to 7-C soo
If the Inklings do get bumped to 7-C, then I will close this thread due to Inklings stomping.

No offense, but I'm crossing my fingers that the Inklings don't get upgraded, since I really liked this debate.

Inklings haven't been boosted just yet, so bump!

Bendy or Inconclusive. It can go one of two ways. Either Bendy covers the entire room with his own ink and just absorbs the ink the Inkling shoots into his own or Inkling shoots ink at Bendy turning Bendy entirely whatever color ink the Inkling is using and the two just aquardly stare at one another.

The Smashor said:
Bendy or Inconclusive. It can go one of two ways. Either Bendy covers the entire room with his own ink and just absorbs the ink the Inkling shoots into his own or Inkling shoots ink at Bendy turning Bendy entirely whatever color ink the Inkling is using and the two just aquardly stare at one another.
Since this is kind of an either/or answer, I'm just gonna put this as Inconclusive.

Man, I love these debates where a character's ability can overcome a sheer power difference.

Bendy. I only say this because they use Ink as their weapons, so neither can hurt each other. Both are basically immune to the others' weapons, and that would make it a stalemate, which means that the devil's (Ha, pun because Bendy is a demon) in the smallest details. Bendy has a much more impressive healing factor, and can teleport with ink. The one true thing that Bendy has up his sleeve to win though, is his corruption. Anything Bendy touches is deformed into an Ink creature like himself. Bendy can corrupt the Inkling, and then Bendy can kill it, as seen when he tore apart The Projectionist. I say Bendy because of teleportation, a more impressive healing factor, and his corruption.

Sup. Bendy, obviously. I mean, this comes down to two things.

Bendy. Main Weapon-Ink | Can be hurt by ink-No

Inkling. Main Weapon-Ink | Can be hurt by ink-Yes

The Inkling shoots Bendy a bunch, Bendy gets nice and multicoloured and really really big. Bendy quite literally stomps.

I mean...The Inkling does have a huge AP advantage over Bendy, and a good range advantage over him. So, it's not necessarily a stomp.

Inklings dont shoot multiple cplors, they shoot one color. Making Bendy the same color as their ink would essentially make him incapable of actually harming them

WeeklyBattles said:
Inklings dont shoot multiple cplors, they shoot one color. Making Bendy the same color as their ink would essentially make him incapable of actually harming them
Gameplay mechanic or that is canon to the "lore"?

Canon to the lore, as inklings are quite literally made of ink, ink of the same color can't harm them, only ink of a different color

The thing is Bendy can hurt the Inkling but the Inkling can't hurt Bendy. Even if the Inkling could destroy the Ink Machine (Assuming they could even get close to it) they can't kill Bendy. And if they don't destroy the Ink Machine (Once again, would be very difficult for Inkling since it's surrounded and constantly producing Black Ink and they have no idea where it is) then Bendy has an unlimited supply of black ink that he can use to damage Inkling and can just absorb the Inkling's attacks. Bendy with mid difficulty.

Still. Bendy could basically immobilize the inklings since other colored ink slows their movements to a crawl. Against Inklings, Bendy has a giant amount of hax.

This is a case where it doesn't matter what tier the Inklings are at, Bendy has the ability to nullify their attacks. Sure, the Inklings can only be hurt by ink of a different color, but Bendy has a canonical infinite amount of Black Ink.

It's really only a matter of time for the Inklings. The Ink Demon cannot be beat.

Youre going to need some serious proof to back that claim. Bendy also has no way past their regen, and once they become 7-C he will have no way to harm them period.

Show me one occasion where Bendy took damage from ink. He fought the Projectionest, and beat the utter crap out of him without even appearing injured. The Projectionest punched him, and hurt it's hand. Bendy has complete control over ink, wherever he walks, ink follows him, and he uses inky hands to grab people as well, as shown in Chapter 4 as Henry walks down a corridor. I don't know if he can control different colours of ink as ink is only one color in BATIM, black. But to be honest, is there any reason why he wouldn't?

And, as The Smashor states, Bendy can flood the entire battleground with black ink and win via incap as they are practically frozen.

Back