• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ben 10: Omniverse - Malware 5-A Revision

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Frankly I don't care a lot for this verse and have only just started digging through the scaling for it today, but there's something out of place here that I've noticed so I've been forced to make this thread re-evaluating an important foundation for the verse's scaling.

A large chunk of 5-A characters get their 430.325 Yottatons scaling of Large Planet level from this "feat" of 3rd Form Malware surviving the destruction of the Moon Galvan B.

This took place at the end of the episode Showdown: Part 1 from Ben 10: Omniverse.

The primary issue with this is that Malware is not exactly shown to tank an explosion here; he infected the Moon he was on which was scattered into tiny pieces that rained down on the planet. About 3 minutes into the next episode, Showdown Part 2, we get this exchange where the characters notice Malware raining onto the planet. And at 4:32 of that episode we see Malware is seemingly reforming his body.

While Malware did survive the destruction of the Moon, we have a section on Surviving Attacks on our Durability page that addresses this:

Many characters have been shown to survive attacks far above their durability, usually surviving with large injuries that others on their scale usually wouldn't survive. This is because of endurance, as they can endure a certain amount of pain regardless if the attack has burned them or sliced off limbs. This is not a durability factor, as this is a quality that is commonly attributed to willpower.

Malware's main body was not directly shown to be intact following the explosion. It does not seem like Malware survived by virture of pure durability if he had to reform his body.

Moreover, directly scaling Malware to 430.325 Yottatons seems to be relying on the assumption that Malware was directly at the epicenter of the explosion. As we can see from Showdown: Part 1 and 2, the explosion started at multiple points across the Moon seemingly in a chain reaction before finally fracturing the Moon apart. It was not just one singular 5-A explosion that took place where Malware was standing. As such due to inverse-square law I have no reason to believe that Malware scales to the value to the calc. Large swatches of the Moon's surface wasn't affected by the "5-A explosion" so to assume that Malware took 100% of the energy head-on seems generous.

Since it's tenuous whether Malware was completely intact from the explosion or even whether he took a significant percentage of it in the first place, I think that the calc should be removed from his durability justification.

Addendum

Just as a bonus note, I'm not confident in the validity of the original calc anyway since it assumes that the entire mass of the Moon was scattered omnidirectionally at 7001395 m/s, and yet we can see large chunks of the Moon in a relatively stable position after the explosions that fractured it apart.

Well if it goes this way then I'm fine with disregarding this as a durability feat, however I have a better way to fix this along with some more recalcs.

Tbh I’m not sure if this feat is even used for scaling right now. I know it’s mentioned on Way Big’s profile, but it’s not on Malware’s profile and it was on Way Big’s even way before everyone was 5-A. I’ve also seen people on the General Discussion Thread bring it up before being discarded as invalid for similar reasons as shown here, and I also loosely remember a different calculation involving the same scene that was also rejected due to Malware not actually scaling.

Assuming I didn’t miss something important recently that accepted the feat, I think it being on Way Big’s profile is just a huge mistake that’s never been fixed. That being said right now I think I agree with removing the feat if it actually is accepted.

Frankly I don't care a lot for this verse and have only just started digging through the scaling for it today, but there's something out of place here that I've noticed so I've been forced to make this thread re-evaluating an important foundation for the verse's scaling.

A large chunk of 5-A characters get their 430.325 Yottatons scaling of Large Planet level from this "feat" of 3rd Form Malware surviving the destruction of the Moon Galvan B.

This took place at the end of the episode Showdown: Part 1 from Ben 10: Omniverse.

The primary issue with this is that Malware is not exactly shown to tank an explosion here; he infected the Moon he was on which was scattered into tiny pieces that rained down on the planet. About 3 minutes into the next episode, Showdown Part 2, we get this exchange where the characters notice Malware raining onto the planet. And at 4:32 of that episode we see Malware is seemingly reforming his body.

While Malware did survive the destruction of the Moon, we have a section on Surviving Attacks on our Durability page that addresses this:

Malware's main body was not directly shown to be intact following the explosion. It does not seem like Malware survived by virture of pure durability if he had to reform his body.

Moreover, directly scaling Malware to 430.325 Yottatons seems to be relying on the assumption that Malware was directly at the epicenter of the explosion. As we can see from Showdown: Part 1 and 2, the explosion started at multiple points across the Moon seemingly in a chain reaction before finally fracturing the Moon apart. It was not just one singular 5-A explosion that took place where Malware was standing. As such due to inverse-square law I have no reason to believe that Malware scales to the value to the calc. Large swatches of the Moon's surface wasn't affected by the "5-A explosion" so to assume that Malware took 100% of the energy head-on seems generous.

Since it's tenuous whether Malware was completely intact from the explosion or even whether he took a significant percentage of it in the first place, I think that the calc should be removed from his durability justification.

Addendum

Just as a bonus note, I'm not confident in the validity of the original calc anyway since it assumes that the entire mass of the Moon was scattered omnidirectionally at 7001395 m/s, and yet we can see large chunks of the Moon in a relatively stable position after the explosions that fractured it apart.
So this should be used now.

Tbh I’m not sure if this feat is even used for scaling right now. I know it’s mentioned on Way Big’s profile, but it’s not on Malware’s profile and it was on Way Big’s even way before everyone was 5-A. I’ve also seen people on the General Discussion Thread bring it up before being discarded as invalid for similar reasons as shown here, and I also loosely remember a different calculation involving the same scene that was also rejected due to Malware not actually scaling.

Assuming I didn’t miss something important recently that accepted the feat, I think it being on Way Big’s profile is just a huge mistake that’s never been fixed. That being said right now I think I agree with removing the feat if it actually is accepted.
Taking this part of the verse page into account:

jftv98F.png

Tbh I’m not sure if this feat is even used for scaling right now. I know it’s mentioned on Way Big’s profile, but it’s not on Malware’s profile and it was on Way Big’s even ways before everyone was 5-A. I’ve also seen people on the General Discussion Thread bring it up before being discarded as invalid for similar reasons as shown here, and I also loosely remember a different calculation involving the same scene that was also rejected due to Malware not actually scaling.

This Malware feat is used as a supporting feat, going by Humungousaur's page.

Oh wait, I just remembered that CRT that stopped Way Big from scaling to Evil Way Big’s High 5-A feat. I guess Humungousaur and Malware scaling to this calc was what was accepted in the end.

This was already discussed in the downgrade of Way Big, ik cuz I did it lol.

Malware tanked the energy of the Helix itself, which was the thing that caused the explosion itself. The "chain reaction" you're referring to, is just the energy coming out of the center of the main building of the planet, energy that Malware wasn't just in the epicenter, he was holding the thing itself.

He scattered across the surface planet so when that thing blowed up, he'd fall into Galvan Prime, is not like he got blown to bits.

About the calc itself, idk.

But, we know that a fraction of the moon got blown up to Galvan Prime, going through the distance between the two celestial bodies in less than a minute.

We could use that instead of the method that was used.

Malware tanked the energy of the Helix itself, which was the thing that caused the explosion itself. The "chain reaction" you're referring to, is just the energy coming out of the center of the main building of the planet, energy that Malware wasn't just in the epicenter, he was holding the thing itself.

He scattered across the surface planet so when that thing blowed up, he'd fall into Galvan Prime, is not like he got blown to bits.
The calc will still be removed regardless due to being wrong which I explained the Addendum of the OP.

As far as I'm aware, it was Malware's plan to scatter himself along the planet so that he could become a living planet itself and conquer entire Galvan Prime. This was explained by Azmuth.

As far as I'm aware, it was Malware's plan to scatter himself along the planet so that he could become a living planet itself and conquer entire Galvan Prime. This was explained by Azmuth.
But he specifically scatters himself by getting blown apart of by 5-A explosion, so I don't see how that changes anything.

That was for Galvan Prime, not B.

Galvan B was the way of trespassing Galvan Prime défenses.

The calc will still be removed regardless due to being wrong which I explained the Addendum of the OP.
Instead of completely removing the calc as soon as this thread gets accepted, can you please wait till Saturday-Sunday for me to make a re-scaling thread for accurate scaling so that the current scale can be properly replaced by a new one?

Instead of completely removing the calc as soon as this thread gets accepted, can you please wait till Saturday-Sunday for me to make a re-scaling thread for accurate scaling so that the current scale can be properly replaced by a new one?
Wait for a rescaling thread?? No one has the time for that

But he specifically scatters himself by getting blown apart of by 5-A explosion, so I don't see how that changes anything.
Again, he didn't.

The moon was blown, not Malware.

He tank the energy itself that did that, and he was ON the moon, literally, that's why he was on all the surface, so the explosion could throw him to the planet.

Back