• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ben 10 Classic Series Revision Thread Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm808

VS Battles
Administrator

Last edited:
It’d actually decrease the Diamondhead Durability calc, as well as lessen the Scaling Chains a bit, since that was on the assumption the distance between Galvan B and it’s moon was 380,000 Meters, and 300,000 is Duncans limit. However, I’m inclined to ask how We knew the former was correct, and whether or not the WoG is proven wrong by calcs or something.

Sorry. Posted this while at work. I'm still looking up the tweets to confirm them.

It would appear that either Duncan deleted the tweets or they're fake.

Last edited:
I believe we already have an accepted Diamondhead calc, and with Duncan’s tweet being fake there should be no problems with it. It ranges from about 7-A to Small Planet level on the low and high ends, due to the fact that we have to assume Diamondheads density.

Where do we hear he’s made of Silicon? Chromastone’s a Silicon-Based Lifeform, but he’s not made of Silicon. Echo Echo’s made of Silicon. But never do we see Diamondhead being made of Silicon, as being Silicon-Based doesn’t mean you’re made of the stuff- it could mean you’re made of something with quantities of Silicon, but I don’t think it necessarily means being made of it.

Seems intriguing. While on the topic of Ben 10 crts, did We ever find out whether that Conquest Ray That Way Big pushed back was actually a Conquest Ray? I recall it being called into question.

There are a few other calcs that need to be evaluated or remade, I think.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Liger686/Ben_10:_Tier_9_Humans

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:DemonicDude/Lodestar_survives_a_Nuke

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Liger686/Ben_10:_Vilgax_tanks_an_ICBM

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...he_destruction_of_the_Chimerian_Hammer_Recalc

And there may be others here that need the same treatment.

Additionally I have a calc done for the reboot on sandbox, if I post it to this forum could it be added to the CRT?

Last edited:
Anyways the stuff in the OP looks good.

I had the idea to basically let people propose what they want to get revised (since a lot needs to be revised and most people are aware what exactly could be revised) and then we discuss the reasons for the revision and after we finish a certain topic we move on to something else, I'd prefer to do it all in one thread since we might need a lot of threads for a lot of small stuff otherwise. I'd rather not deal with AP upgrades or downgrades of regular aliens tho since I'm not ready yet and if Ben 10 gets downgraded to then get upgraded a little later then it's basically a waste of time for everyone (+ we might need more staff for the AP stuff). Also no Alien X yet.

Anyways the only thing I really disagree with in the OP is mid tiers having less speed than high tiers thus I propose we start with that. https://vsbattles.com/threads/possible-ben-10-uafo-speed-upgrade.65602/ Here (Can anyone give me the code to hyperlink words?) are all the reasons why mid tiers should scale, the only reason this didn't go through earlier is because I downgraded Way Big's speed in that thread which has since been Dunced (the Ben 10 writer) on and because I argued NRG only has lightspeed attacks but you could probably make the same argument for Brainstorm and downgrade everyone to MHS so attack speeds just scale to MFTL.

Well actually MFTL+ since I assume Evil Way Big, Chromastone and Vilgax can actually react to their own flight speed (they flew across the galaxy, the feats still need to be calced tho. Edit: I asked Dargoo), this definitely seems to be the case for Evil Way Big who stops his travel across the galaxy to destroy a planet that was is in his way, implying that he saw it coming and thus reacted to it. Thus everyone becomes MFTL+, this also scales to travel speed which I'll explain further once we know which one of the feats is the fastest.

and 9:18 same vid.

Last edited:
It’d actually decrease the Diamondhead Durability calc, as well as lessen the Scaling Chains a bit, since that was on the assumption the distance between Galvan B and it’s moon was 380,000 Meters, and 300,000 is Duncans limit. However, I’m inclined to ask how We knew the former was correct, and whether or not the WoG is proven wrong by calcs or something.
if you angsize the distance its a lot less than that upper limit, assuming that their moon is 3x our moon was correct and not also forged tweet infos

Im not a Calc Member, So I’m just going to pretend I know what that means and nod. On the other hand, I’ve never heard of a 3x Our Moon statement. Where was that said?

@Greenshifter
I'd rather just legitimately try tweeting the dude instead of putting in the work deriving to a size there via pixel scaling that'll be in some effect a lowball when its just zoomed out shots. Best statement we have is its circumference is multiple "miles of dead rock" via Azmuth iirc.

I can help out when I'm caught up on other calc requests lol.

Found the silicon statement from the IDW comics btw.

Nice to see images actually show up...

Last edited:
Hm. Well then. The guy certainly doesn’t look like he’s made of Silicon, that’s for certain. Do we count IDW comics as Canon, or are they not, similar to how certain Mangas or stuff aren’t canon to the source material?

Hmm, will do I guess, @DemonicDude can you take care of that?

Thanks, I’ll send you the details later.

IDW is a grey area I think, some might be some might not be. In The Secret Of Chromastone Ben straight up states they’re silicon-based life forms tho. I was gonna argue diamond is a high end since Ben 10000 uses the property of diamond barely aging against Eon but since Crystalsapiens are essentially immortal (type 1) it doesn’t matter since that’s now how diamond works either.

Last edited:
Being a Silicon-Based is different from being made of Silicon, though. People are Carbon-Based, but they aren’t actually made of Carbon- just out of stuff that consists of high quantities of Carbon. Shouldn’t it be the same thing for a Silicon-Based lifeform? I mean, after all, we do know they have DNA, especially from ‘The Secret of Chromastone’ where Chroma brings back their planet from the DNA Rock, and neither Diamond nor Silicon has that, so...
I like Ben 10, but dang, why does it have to be complicated sometimes, lol.

We can estimate the density of a human's skin using carbon pretty sure (it'll be off but yeah). In this case we don't really have a choice but to use silicon as an estimate. Even NRG has DNA yet he's intangible and made from radiation and you're essentially arguing he's carbon-based as well.

I wasn’t really, crap can be intangible and stuff, I just wanted to point it out. Then again, I also forgot the Omnitrix casually creates Objects such as Clothes or Suits, so oh well.

nice of him to reply :), looks in the right order of magnitude range for both to me given those stats.
you should probs archive the tweets

Last edited:
Not too much at the same time, I ain’t ready for tier 6 yet (the calc also contains a tier 6 rating + LS). Just out of curiosity can we scale this to DH and Humungousaur even if it’s an outlier for Rex (I have arguments that it ain’t an outlier for him btw)?

Anyways (0:38 and onwards) here’s why travel speed scales to combat speed (the MFTL+ scaling reaches Fourth Form Malware regardless of whether it’s Way Big or Chromastone/Vilgax who has the better feat). There’s also Gwen 10’s Wildvine outrunning Benzarro’s Frankenstrike’s thunderbolt (which should be MFTL+ attack speed via scaling to other aliens) but I can’t find a scan of it at the moment. Crashhopper can also blitz Psyphon with his wall jumps. Combat speed shouldn’t be massively faster than travel speed since this implies 2 people in Ben 10 can finish a fight before anyone else can travel to them and intervene which is never implied in the show. OS aliens scaling to later aliens was accepted here: https://vsbattles.com/threads/ben-10-original-series-upgrade.62415/ and not yet applied btw. I wanna edit the entire verse at once to save time.

Does anyone disagree with MFTL+ btw and do I need to ask other staff beside Firestorm to get stuff reviewed and accepted that doesn’t have to do with cosmology?

Last edited:
When it comes to what character scales to who, it's atrocious and actually worse than Dragon Ball Super. There is so much circular scaling it's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back