• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Belphemon RM Vs Swamp Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belphemon takes round 1 with existence + nonexistence erasure (which take care of High-Godly regen) and a generally better set of powers. Not sure about round 2 though, I need to think about it a bit more.

Can destroy nonexistence=/=bypassing High Godly regen. This was whet over by people far surpassing myself in debating skills.

But the requirements for True-Godly

True Godly: Able to regenerate even if you are erased from both existence and nonexistence.

To qualify for True Godly Regenerationn, a character must be able to regenerate from being erased from the duality of both existence and nonexistence, whereas it is only necessary to be able to recover from the former in order to warrant a High-Godly rating.

You mean "This was whet over by people far surpassing myself in debating skills."

Last I checked that is appeal to popularity :)

Also can you link this discussion. Because going by descriptions, it goes by High-Godly.

Asking who? I mean pretty much everyone agreed to True-Godly as well as Ever is the one who told me it required True-Godly to survive in which is supported by the True Godly description.

I'm talking about the upgrade thread you made ovo. Anyway, I still believe what I said. Being able to destroy nothingness doesn't mean you can destroy beings beyond nothingness, hence not passing high, or even Mid, Godly Regenerationn. Just like a being who can kill concepts can't kill all concepts.

Plus, it's just void manipulation, going by that thread, which is tankable for ST

Obviously, I'm going for inconclusive. Digimon can't be killed by anyone in fiction, whether it's YHVH, GEoM, or even TOAA. Yet he can't put ST down imo.

"Being able to destroy nothingness doesn't mean you can destroy beings beyond nothingness, hence not passing high, or even Mid, Godly Regenerationn"

....If you can erase someone from Existence AND Nonexistence then yes...you do. Are you okay?

"Plus, it's just void manipulation, going by that thread, which is tankable for ST"

What are you even? EVERYTHING is Void Manipulation in some way, shape or form....Seriously Cal you okay. You seem off....

"Obviously, I'm going for inconclusive. Digimon can't be killed by anyone in fiction, whether it's YHVH, GEoM, or even TOAA. Yet he can't put ST down imo"

......Yup you've lost it.....Either that or you're mocking us...

Nothing implies this is simultaneous, which it would need to be to fully negate it.

I'm busy, hence why I'm off. Also, I'm EXTREMELY passive aggressive when it comes to Digimon (and the gods for Pokémon), which is why I seem off, as when I'm normally discussing, I'm one or the other.

Actually I was just pointing out that it's a different kind of ability altogether, not that it can't do it.

It's the usual example of erasing 0 (nonexistence) then erasing 1 (existence). High-Godly is being erased alongside 1, and regenerating from 0. If nonexistence is erased, you would need to regenerate from outside the code (a qubit, basically).

And Belphemon can specifically erase those concepts, so I don't really see the problem

I would argue that, but you don't feel normal....And thus it's no fun. Those kids must be giving you hell. Or you're tired. Either way for now I'm keeping my vote.

I gonna message you on your wall in a little, Dragon. Not about this tho.

In all seriousness, it's mostly because I'm not giving any real thought to my posts here, and just trying to get them done before someone notices I'm on it. I really am entertaining cousins though. That was all seriousness. Anyway, that was why my explanations were short, brief, fallacious, and unexplained. My vote remains the same (mostly because there's no real explanation of the ability and the RKs think he could've been the one, implying that not only wouldn't he use it, but it's not up to par with anything else)

It doesn't imply that seeing as

A) He almost always sleep.

B) Alphamon never uses Alpha Gain Force on screen and yet you see how that's treated.

C) Same as the Digimon who get the moves of their previous evolution lines.

D) We kinda went over that as SD brought that "it's weaker" argument up before.

Don't really see the point you're trying to make there, pardon me for that. Not your fault, but my own.

I...kinda don't. I only see Alpha-InForce. And signature moves, actually, moves in general are vastly different to that statement by...Ygg? Homeostasis? Who was the being of infinite knowledge who said that?

Don't get the point there either...

I mean, just saying the RKs have resistances isn't a full argument. There's a reason Repp hates when people argue conceptual attacks or Lake Trio abilities for Arceus (this should probably have been stated for point no. 2 rather than no. 4...)

A reason to why he's never seen using it. Also the fact that in character he wouldn't use it unless he absolutely needed to. In which will happen here.

Alpha Inforce and Alpha Gain Force are the same thing. Homeostasis.

It was more or less an expansion of point 2.

It kinda is. I mean these guys resisted it from the true Two-Headed Drago anyway. So yeah. Also that sounds like something you and Reppu have to sort out. I ain't bought to deal with you saying he's using "double standards" and him defending what he means, and then you making a CRT, then for all of us causing a shitfest. Bring that stuff up with Executor, Reppu, Ever or Dark. I ain't dealing with it. Based on what I see, nothing has changed. Sorry if I sound harsh, but I am kinda fed up with this Pokemon vs Digimon abilities and hax comparison crap.

I'm a little confused about this "nonexistence erasure" thing. Was this being able to null High-Godly regen just granted because of "can erase beings from existence and non-existence"? Because I know of several other things this applies to off the top of my head.

It was part of the requirement of True-Godly and such. It is weird. Just going by what I was told.

It's not hax comparison. I'd say the same thing about Masadaverse if it came to it (just an example. Don't kill me). Heck, I said the same thing about Dante's Timestop to Yamato, and Matt and I talked about that before. I say it when someone's facing Mega Man or Link or another character who's hax first, swing later. It' not Digi exclusive, even though as you said to me, I'm very skeptical, as I have a hard time believing a verse has 2-As (or the 2-As worth their salt) that have never lost, are haxxed to oblivion and back--and I mean that literally--, and are really high on the scale of the tier they're on. I did the exact same thing for Undertale back in the day, when Asriel was winning left and right, Sans never lost, and even Undyne and Papyrus were doing the same thing, I ranted about DI for that, and repented later for that (felt really bad later, and during the time, was drunk and tired), and felt the same about Saint Seiya a long time ago, long before I started liking it. I always say it about SCP-682, much more than I do for Digimon. And you saw me with Bakugan.

It's not a problem with the verses (not always, anyway). It's a problem I need to work on.

If what is being argued is Belphemon's level of regen negation, and it's being argued he can stop High-Godly regen, his page should say so.

@Azzy, do you believe he can? The "can" referring to the fact that destroying non-existence negates High Godly?

Actually, @Dragon, what negates Mid-Godly? I'm asking out of curiosity.

@Cal

Depends entirely on how non-existence is defined in universe, and if that is the only requirement, more characters should have it.

Though the ability to stop something from regenerating from non-existence is most typically mid-godly regen negation by definition.

@Azzy No, he doesn't negate it. He just has a level of destruction that bypasses it. See it as if one has Low-Godly Regen, but I can erase you into nothingess. That is bypassing Low-Godly Regen. Regenerating from nothingness is Mid-Godly. Bypassing that is erasing you from existence along with your reality. Bypassing High-Godly would be erasing you from Existence AND Non-existence going by the True Godly definition.

@Dragon

That's not how the negation works, though. If you erase someone from non-existence and thus bypass their ability to regenerate from absolute non-existence, you are negating Mid-Godly regen.

True-Godly's definition needs to be updated a bit, because anything that is High-Godly should be able to regen from both existence and non-existence erasure. True-Godly is much beyond that.

@Azzy

Hey, I'm going by what is on the Regen page. Please update it then. Because this has caused so many problems....that I don't want.

Did I actually cause problems? I thought I was being quite calm for me when it comes to the 2-A 'mon, with all the kidding around and everything... My humblest apologies.

I honestly would rather all this crap with these regens be sorted out. I would also rather we use some non Belphemon, Leviamon, Lucemon, Ogudomon or Zeed Digimon. Use Demon Lords we like never use. Use Royal Knights we never use. Use regular Digimon we never use. I've been making a ton of Digimon files like Zubamo and Wisemo for a reason. We have so many unique matches that can be made. We don't need hax vs hax fights. Give us some fights that rely on skill and strategy as well. Please, I am begging you people. This has been my pet peeve with Digimon fights. We focus on the really popular haxy ones instead on the less known unhaxy ones. Or some of the less known haxy ones....I am closing this btw. Cal just talk to me on my wall.since I do want to talk to you in a way that does not require privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back