• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Before The Nightmare and Devil May Cry Canon

DarkGrath said:
TISSG7Redgrave said:
i vaguely remember the dmc 3 manga saying the original universe was an infinite darkness before it got split with light. The dmc 2 novel mentioned about shaking the demon world no?
While I'm normally quite defensive about DMC upgrades, admittedly I do have a pretty big problem with this one. The DMC series is infamous for hyperboles, such as an attack involving Gilgamesh claiming it can send it's target to the River Styx, and Beowulf claiming it has the power of a supernova (haven't actually seen the second one admittedly, but it's been mentioned many times). While I'm not conclusive on the matter either way, it is entirely possible that "infinite" is actually just another case of hyperbole here. For it being High 3-A, I'm quite neutral. However, I can give it some credit. The DMC3 novel on that same page claims that the human world is miniscule in comparison to the demon world, and it's already been established that the human world is a full universe (in previous posts). This means that, at the very least, shaking the entire demon world would be a ridiculously above baseline 3-A feat.
Does anybody else have comments regarding this?

Please, any comments on that would be realllly helpful. If I get some opinions one way or the other, I can know whether to include it in my DMC revision.

We have a tier 4 feat from the beastheads simply gaining a host so that would help are case for any tier 3 stuff from void mundus

Yeah, and now that I think about it, wasn't it stated somewhere that Void Mundus is stronger than his regular counterpart? That could indicate we need a divider on the page.

Would you mind just providing a link to where it says that? I know for sure I've heard it somewhere, but I can't remember where, and I would really need it for the revision.

I do have to specify, if these feats are put in as part of my final revision there will have to be a divider for Mundus/Void Mundus. To be more specific, the conclusions I've come to are "At Least 4-A, possibly higher/At least 4-A, Possibly High 3-A"

Does anybody who has been following this thread want to comment on my tiering choices?

Both Void Mundus and original Mundus created Beastheads, Dante and Beryl used Void Mundus's Beastheads to get back to the original DMC timeline.Void Mundus is stronger than orignal Mundus because Void Mundus actually defeated Sparda and could've defeated Eva who was Sparda's equal but she hid and led a resistance group and Dante even hints at him being stronger than the Mundus he fought.

DarkGrath said:
I do have to specify, if these feats are put in as part of my final revision there will have to be a divider for Mundus/Void Mundus. To be more specific, the conclusions I've come to are "At Least 4-A, possibly higher/At least 4-A, Possibly High 3-A"
Yeah I think that would work

Do we have any that could upgrade their speed?

There is Mundus bringing the sea in the novel, otherwise there is but not sure is higher than currently, Nero jumping to the top of the tree at the end of DMC5.

"Mundus bringing the sea in the novel" enlighten me, or are you talking about this:

"The techniques of the demon realm are truly remarkable," Chen said, more to himself than anyone else. "Faraway oceans and distant events can be brought to us as if we could reach out and pluck Mister Ducas from my ship. And these are just the powers of the lesser demons. Imagine what we might achieve with the abilities of a higher devil, or the Beastheads itself."

I've made a seperate revision thread already (which has been pretty inactive) which, if it goes through, could at least get Mundus' and Dante's speeds upgraded to Likely Sub-Relativistic+. Admittedly though, that's not a massive upgrade, and I'm willing to hear suggestions for any other speed feats and their calcs for my major revision.

@Dark649

That moment was referencing how the Beastheads created a storm that quite literally carried Ducas's yacht back to a shoreline because Ducas's wished it to bring him back to civilization after Chen stranded him on a yacht in the middle of the sea.

Also,Besides Dante mentioning the end of the world, the novel states that "the world was spinning towards it's end" when talking about the appearence of the Beastheads.

Sparda 20000000 said:
I have been saying this for a while but I think we should calc nevan's lightening everything scales to it
Yes, a calc about it would be nice.

DarkGrath said:
@dark what do you think about the tiers

I doubt any of this stuff will actually go through or even be taken seriously to be completely honest.

Look, I'll provide as solid as an argument as I possibly can for my revision. And I will ask Matthew on his message wall to reply to it. However, knowing how insanely critical he can be of any kind of upgrade, and the fact that he himself was the one who got 3-A Devil May Cry removed, I seriously doubt any argument, no matter how solid or infallible, would be able to convince him at this point. Still, he does deserve a word in when it comes to Devil May Cry matters, and I'll always respect the immense work he's put into the wiki thus far.

And remember, I do have many more arguments besides what I have already mentioned.

Could someone remind me of the evidence that Mundus and The Beastheads are comparable? I'm having trouble finding it, but I know I saw it somewhere.

Also, I've found one problem with the beasthead's 4-A feat. The DMC2 novel does state that the "world was shaking", and in most cases this would be referring to the human world, which is a universe. However, the way it is described in the novel as a strange, magical form of seismic activity would far more likely imply that it was in fact literally just the planet. Does anybody have comments about this?

From other dmc stuff world does mean universe and there is only the human world and the demon world

Human world is the universe

Demon world is possibly infinite in size

Yes, but they don't say "the human world". They just say "the world", and they refer to seismic activity happening in the area. While other questionable things happen (such as the waves on the beach losing all sound), this would be categorised under reality warping, and not enough evidence on it's own to suggest that the universe as a whole has been affected. Again, the human world is a universe, but they don't seem to be referring to the human world. They just mean the planet they are on.

DarkGrath said:
Could someone remind me of the evidence that Mundus and The Beastheads are comparable? I'm having trouble finding it, but I know I saw it somewhere.
Both alternate universe Mundus and original Mundus created their own versions of the Beastheads and there is a statement in the novel that Mundus doesn't create minions more powerful than himself.

"The demon king was too cautious and clever to create minions more powerful than himself."

DarkGrath said:
Yes, but they don't say "the human world". They just say "the world", and they refer to seismic activity happening in the area. While other questionable things happen (such as the waves on the beach losing all sound), this would be categorised under reality warping, and not enough evidence on it's own to suggest that the universe as a whole has been affected. Again, the human world is a universe, but they don't seem to be referring to the human world. They just mean the planet they are on.
I agree with this

Are there any other major feats from Void Mundus himself? I'm pretty sure there is at least one, but I'm having trouble putting my finger on it.

I'm in the middle of writing up my revision page now. It's a pretty insanely long one so far. I just need to know if there is anything else Void Mundus has done so that I know whether or not to include his section, along with the accompanying proof that the novels are canon.

Please, this would be insanely helpful.

Argh, what was the High 3-A feat again?

Back