• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beerus' Tier placement

I don't expect anything to be changed, but I am genuinely curious why it is basically cemented that Beerus can only destroy all the physical matter in the universe(s?) and not time as well. Is it because of the old kai's statement? Should we take his word better than Vados', who suggested that Beerus could destroy the entirety of the universe? Also, even Old Kai's statement made no mention of time remaining in the universe,only that it would be a void.

A void does not mean there would be no time.

Also, in order to destroy a single space-time continuum, one must essentially be able to destroy a universe at all possible points in its existence, simultaneously. Past, present, and future. Nothing has hinted that Beerus can do this, and all we know is he's really damn strong from a 3-D perspective.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
A void does not mean there would be no time.
Also, in order to destroy a single space-time continuum, one must essentially be able to destroy a universe at all possible points in its existence, simultaneously. Past, present, and future. Nothing has hinted that Beerus can do this, and all we know is he's really damn strong from a 3-D perspective.
Doesn't destroying the universe destroy its concepts as well? Sure there is no hints at Beerus being that strong, and maybe he isnt. But I really don't see Toriyama thinking about real life logic when creating Beers' power. Isn't it kind of weird from a logical perspective for a universe to exist with absolutely nothing but time?

Mister Death said:
Doesn't destroying the universe destroy its concepts as well? Sure there is no hints at Beerus being that strong, and maybe he isnt. But I really don't see Toriyama thinking about real life logic when creating Beers' power. Isn't it kind of weird from a logical perspective for a universe to exist with absolutely nothing but time?
That's not how it works. We don't just assume any character who can blow up a universe is Low 2-C, as that's the entire reason 3-A exists. Having literally infinite power from the perspective of a 3-D being, which Beerus has yet to come even close to showing, is still "only" High 3-A.

Mister Death said:
That's not how it works. We don't just assume any character who can blow up a universe is Low 2-C, as that's the entire reason 3-A exists. Having literally infinite power from the perspective of a 3-D being, which Beerus has yet to come even close to showing, is still "only" High 3-A.
I'm not familiar with Tiering, but I thought 2-C was Multi-Universal? I wasn't referring to 2-C, I was only confused about why it is assumed Beerus cannot destroy time, if he could would'nt that only put him at high 3-A? I'm assuming if he cannot destroy time but can destroy mutltiple universes he is still just 3-A?

@MisterDeath 2-C can go from Universal+ to Multi-Universal. Universal+ is destroying the entire universe, time included, and is the bare minimum for 2-C. Multi-Universal is destroying up to 1000 universes, time included.

Perhaps this would be a better explanation.

A full space-time continuum is a 4-dimensional construct of technically infinite 3-D size. All matter and energy within the 3-D confines of that 4-D structure make up what we know as the universe.

3-A is Universe level. This is used for characters who can destroy the observable universe/a finite universe and anything above that.

High 3-A is High Universe level. This is used for a character who has infinite 3-D power, allowing them to destroy an infinite universe/a character with 4-D scale power below the level of a full space-time continuum. As our physical universe is possibly infinite, this is used as the highest bounds of 3-A.

Then, there's Low 2-C, which is Universe level+. This is used for characters who can destroy the entirety of a space-time continuum. As I said, this is equivalent to destroying a universe at every possible individual point in its existence, past, present, and future. A being who is itself 4-D would also exist outside of our conventional view of time, allowing them to experience large portions of it at once and often travel "forward" and "backward" along a timeline, at will.

As of now, Beerus only qualifies for the first category, which as I said before, stretches from destroying the observable/a finite universe once to any number less than infinite times.

Yup, Beerus is stuck at 3-A until it is proven that he does have infinite power on a 3-D scale. Same goes for Champa, Whis, and Vados. Zarama is possibly more powerful than all of them combined but with the existence of only 13 universes, he can only be 2-C at most.

Natse said:
Yup, Beerus is stuck at 3-A until it is proven that he does have infinite power on a 3-D scale. Same goes for Champa, Whis, and Vados. Zarama is possibly more powerful than all of them combined but with the existence of only 13 universes, he can only be 2-C at most.
Would'nt he be higher tiered if he were a higher dimensional being? Say more than 5 for example?

Perhaps this would be a better explanation.
A full space-time continuum is a 4-dimensional construct of technically infinite 3-D size. All matter and energy within the 3-D confines of that 4-D structure make up what we know as the universe.

3-A is Universe level. This is used for characters who can destroy the observable universe/a finite universe and anything above that.

High 3-A is High Universe level. This is used for a character who has infinite 3-D power, allowing them to destroy an infinite universe/a character with 4-D scale power below the level of a full space-time continuum. As our physical universe is possibly infinite, this is used as the highest bounds of 3-A.

Then, there's Low 2-C, which is Universe level+. This is used for characters who can destroy the entirety of a space-time continuum. As I said, this is equivalent to destroying a universe at every possible individual point in its existence, past, present, and future. A being who is itself 4-D would also exist outside of our conventional view of time, allowing them to experience large portions of it at once and often travel "forward" and "backward" along a timeline, at will.

As of now, Beerus only qualifies for the first category, which as I said before, stretches from destroying the observable/a finite universe once to any number less than infinite times.
I remember the days where you'd be called an autistic wanker for saying Beerus is anything close to universe level. lel. I'm guessing Beerus is not considered for example 2-C because there is no evidence he can destroy the space time continuum? Also, for the lols, would Xenoverse Beerus still be only 3-A?

Mister Death said:
I remember the days where you'd be called an autistic wanker for saying Beerus is anything close to universe level. lel. I'm guessing Beerus is not considered for example 2-C because there is no evidence he can destroy the space time continuum? Also, for the lols, would Xenoverse Beerus still be only 3-A?
I remember the days when Beerus lost to Asura.

Correct, he's not considered Low 2-C because his best feats are still only suggested to be 3-A level along with the fact he has shown no ability to affect space-time on that scale. In fact, the only one who has is Whis, and his abilities cap out at rewinding time three minutes and then needing to recharge.

Xenoverse Beerus would probably still be 3-A, albeit to a higher degree. Post Tokitoki Demigra seemed pretty set on the idea he could curbstomp him, and he was still only around 3-A in regular combat.

Mister Death said:
I remember the days when Beerus lost to Asura.
Correct, he's not considered Low 2-C because his best feats are still only suggested to be 3-A level along with the fact he has shown no ability to affect space-time on that scale. In fact, the only one who has is Whis, and his abilities cap out at rewinding time three minutes and then needing to recharge.

Xenoverse Beerus would probably still be 3-A, albeit to a higher degree. Post Tokitoki Demigra seemed pretty set on the idea he could curbstomp him, and he was still only around 3-A in regular combat.
Beerus lost to Asura?

What kind of showing would beerus need to show 2-C level ability? or any other character for that matter

Back when Beerus was only considered high end tier 4 to low tier 3, yes.

A low 2-C feat is usually pretty self evident, as it involves completely erasing a space-time continuum from existence, leaving absolutely nothing, not even general space or time.

Back when Beerus was only considered high end tier 4 to low tier 3, yes.
A low 2-C feat is usually pretty self evident, as it involves completely erasing a space-time continuum from existence, leaving absolutely nothing, not even general space or time.
If beerus legitemately destroying the universe in DBS doesn't concrete 2-C I don't know what does lel

Though I can't see any character sans Whis or Vados ever getting decent hax, not even the Gods of destruction

I'm actually hoping Super gets more hax, and doesn't simply focus on power like Z. Almost nobody of note had any decent hax until the Buu saga.

Mister Death said:
Would'nt he be higher tiered if he were a higher dimensional being? Say more than 5 for example?
Yes, but he needs to be a concrete five dimensional being, not just implied. Think the five dimensional imps from DC Comics.

Something I've noticed not being used much when Beers' is fighting other universal characters is his ability to nullify energy at the universal level while at "100%". Is there any upper limit fixed on this, you know, to prevent NLF? I was told Universe level is a broad category but still its complicated to me.

Well, we don't exactly know. We know at "100%", he can nullify enough energy to destroy Universe 7, but that's about it.
He never used 100%, those were all lies to make Goku go 100% on him. And yes, until there is some mention of timeline/space-time destruction, the ony canon Tier 2 in DB is possibly Zarama by having Universal to Multi-Universal level reality warp that enables him to possibly affect space-time.

One thing I never understood about Beerus's tiering. Gio Gio is universal+ for negating the attack of a Universal+ character so why isn't Beerus 3-A for negating the energy that was destroying the Universe? Instead we've resorted to powerscaling...

TheMightyRegulator said:
One thing I never understood about Beerus's tiering. Gio Gio is universal+ for negating the attack of a Universal+ character so why isn't Beerus 3-A for negating the energy that was destroying the Universe? Instead we've resorted to powerscaling...
Beerus is 3-A

If Beerus could destroy the space time of the universe he'd be 2-C.

Though apparently there are no feats of Beerus being able to destroy the time of the universe along with space, however there is nothing disproving it either. Perhaps 2-C Beerus is something of a leap for this site

I know Beerus is 3-A. I was just wondering why his nullification feat isn't scalable to AP like that of similar characters.

And it's not just Beerus. Usually this site doesn't make large powershifts like that without sufficient proof.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Sometimes the 2-C character can be a glass canon (like Haruhi) but yeah. Usually it's a ridiculous stomp.
Demigra probably counts as one too. After he absorbed Toki Toki of course

TheMightyRegulator said:
Definitely.
I'm extremely confused though regarding tiering sometimes. Excluding the fact Xenoverse is non canon, are we really supposed to believe Demigra in his final form is infinitely stronger than whis just because of his Tier? Though circumstances matter I guess.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Well, considering he was going to create a timeline, it's safe to assume Toki gave him a massive power boost.
That bird gave him an infinite boost in power lel, take it to KFC and let me have a flowered chicken breast so I can be 2-C too

He's become a glass cannon as a result though as absorbing the bird doesn't up his durability.

Mister Death said:
TheMightyRegulator said:
Well, considering he was going to create a timeline, it's safe to assume Toki gave him a massive power boost.
That bird gave him an infinite boost in power lel, take it to KFC and let me have a flowered chicken breast so I can be 2-C too
lol best power boost top kek

Demigra being infinitely stronger than Whis literally blew my mind.

Although, playing through Xenoverse and seeing its history, it's too bad the gods can't be scaled through Demigra, as whis has shown a sort of connection with Toki Toki( or at the very least it's implied Whis and toki may have a history shown through their interaction)

He's only infinitely more powerful by virtue of timeline manipulation. Strengthwise, he could still be weaker.

Back