• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beelzebub feat

This comment was posted in the blog, but I will post it again.

@Unite My Rice: An explosion of that scale would still burn everything that it makes contact with, meaning everything that gets caught up in the radius of the explosion would turn to ashes anyways due to the immense heat of the explosion.
But if you really want to get into the "turning everything into ashes" part, this page does state that 30 to 50 percent of the energy from the explosion is from the thermal radiation (or heat energy), so you could double the value that I initially got on my calculation.
Anyways, I have also posted this comment in the blog, since the statement did specify that everything within that 10km radius would turn to ash. This means that thermal energy/heat would be involved in the attack. Here is the exact quote.

EDIT: It seems that the aftermath of said explosion caused everything inside the radius of the explosion to completely turn into ashes, meaning heat energy was involved in this". Since up to 50% of the energy from an explosion involves thermal radiation/heat (up to 50% of the energy from an explosion is from the actual blast), the initial answer for this calculation is doubled.
As I have stated before in the comments, an explosion that has a high enough temperature is still able to completely burn off everything that it makes contact with within the given radius. Thus, an explosion that is able to "reduce things to ash" would still apply.

From your calculation in the blog, the issue here is that unless said character says that a crater of that size would be formed from said attack (or a crater of that size is shown afterwards), we cannot assume that a crater of a certain size would form from the aftermath of the blast here (as you have used a hemisphere as the volume of material destroyed). There is no evidence for it.

Anyways, the final result of the calc is

• Y = 50.8 Megatons. City level (This factors in heat energy from the explosion since the surroundings would have literally burned off if the blast was actually fired.)

So for future reference, using a city as an example, unless we see that city cratered, such statements will only be quanitified via nuke calcs? What if it was vaporization or higher?

Depends on what is vaporized in this case. If you see a crater in a feat, and there is steam coming out of the crater, you can qualify it as vaporization.

Explosions in fictions don't really specify if the material that was destroyed is vaporized or not, however.

Sorry to necro this thread.

I've been rereading the manga and looking from here that Baby Beel actually heats up and melts part of the metal bending it and here not only does it to the whole tower but you can also see the electricity conducting through the whole tower. Also he seems to stop the movements of Jabberwock (likely by contracting his muscles) here.

All these features seem to me like the electricity is in fact lightning, and if that's true that means any lightning based attacks from Oga (the Zebub Blast) and anyone capable to dodging/reacting to them (Hecadoth) move at lightning speed. This should be a huge bump up in the speed of the verse.

If it is lightning then any characters equal/superior to Oga/or Hecadoth are...

Low End: Mach 291.54519

Mid End: Mach 1282.8

High End: Mach 4081.633

These are speeds all found on this page.

Back