• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beedrill CRT

Weedle
Statistics Reduction (Its move String Shot lowers the target's Speed by two stages)

Status Effect Inducement (Poison Sting has a 30% chance of poisoning the target)

Small Size Type 1 (The pokedex lists its size at around 0.3 m)

Kakuna

Small Size Type 0 (2′00″ ft)

Beedrill

Small Size Type 0 (3′03″ ft)

Self-Healing and Absorption (via Giga Drain)

Weather Manipulation (via Sunny Day)

Energy Projection (via Solar Beam)

Purification (via rest)

Power Nullification (via defog)

I am not sure where weedle's 'Immune to side effects' came from, considering it still it effected by stuff like burn and confusion iirc. Im not sure where healing comes from either, so unless their is stuff backing this up these should be removed

This is fine as well.

Many of the Pokemon profiles are outdated nowadays either by missing moves or keys for their other evolutions...

4 staff members is usually enough, I added the stuff, but with some scans from the anime and pokemon website. This can be closed now

Kakuna:

Body Control: Harden stiffens up the muscles to the point where its durability increases by a good amount. Flexing your muscles normally won't do this, so it should be body control

Purification: Type 3, Can quickly cure itself of status effects like burning, frozen, sleep, mind manipulation, paralysis, electric based paralysis

Beedrill:

Pressure Points: Laser Focus can be used to increase the chances of it landing a critical hit. Additionally, Beedrill's Sniper ability allows it to do even more damage with a critical hit. The japanese description of critical hit is pressure point. Its not just a name, but described as well

Reactive Power Level: Fury Cutter gets stronger the more times it hits the enemy. Swarm Is an ability that increases Beedrill's bug attack power when its low on health

Weapon Creation: Toxic Spikes creates spikes out of a toxic substance

Superior Statistics Amplification: Fell Stinger drastically increases its power after it KOs or kills a target

Weedle has the most OP resistances yet:

Shield Dust grants it resistances to like, everything. Shall we discuss this here, or should I make a CRT on what abilities Pokemon with shield dust should gain?

Everything in the op is good.

It's both healing and purification, as it also cures/replaces statuses, something that not all the healing moves do.
This is fine
This is fine as well.

Many of the Pokemon profiles are outdated nowadays either by missing moves or keys for their other evolutions...
Wouldn't Rest count as self healing

Look at the stuff I listed above ^

Everything is fine, tho Shield Dust might be labeled as limited resistance to status effects (since not to all moves are blocked) and "additional effects", leaving the full explanation to the P&A section.

Everything is fine, tho Shield Dust might be labeled as limited resistance to status effects (since not to all moves are blocked) and "additional effects", leaving the full explanation to the P&A section.
Should I make a separate CRT for Shield Dust resistances? Note that all the resistances would be "limited", because they can resist being burnt and frozen, but apply to Bug and Flying type pokemon, so its not a full resistance (Full resistance doesnt exist anyway)

Aren't TM and Tutor moves ignored for the purposes of indexing Pokémon profiles? As those aren't inherently naturally within any species.

Looking at the linked post, it's clear the staff member wasn't sure on this claim, and we don't even take species pages as "composites", but rather as a display of the standard capabilities of any wild, natural species, so I'd rather decline that unless another CRT is done to confirm that or something.

Ok. I removed the TM and tutor exclusives. What about my proposal?
Those are fine I think and as other's said sheid dust should be treated as limited resistance to status effects. Also when you add purification type 3 for kakuna makes sure to mention that it loses it once it evolves. Also add berserk mode to the list as well since in let's go games beedrill learns outrage as a level up move.

Weedle
Statistics Reduction (Its move String Shot lowers the target's Speed by two stages)
Agreed.
Status Effect Inducement (Poison Sting has a 30% chance of poisoning the target)
This may be better described as Limited.
Small Size Type 1 (The pokedex lists its size at around 0.3 m)
Agreed.
Kakuna

Small Size Type 0 (2′00″ ft)
Agreed.
Beedrill

Small Size Type 0 (3′03″ ft)
Small Size Type 0 does say "Type 0 (Dwarf): Characters far smaller than an ordinary human. No larger than 1 meter tall.", so I guess Beedrill technically qualifies, given it is listed as exactly 1 meter for its height.
Self-Healing and Absorption (via Giga Drain)

Weather Manipulation (via Sunny Day)

Energy Projection (via Solar Beam)

Purification (via rest)

Power Nullification (via defog)
AFAIK, Beedrill cannot learn these moves via Level-Up, nor Egg Moves, therefore, why would we list them for it?
I am not sure where weedle's 'Immune to side effects' came from, considering it still it effected by stuff like burn and confusion iirc. Im not sure where healing comes from either, so unless their is stuff backing this up these should be removed
Shield Dust ability. It blocks the secondary effects of attacking moves. The most recent official description of the ability is:
This Pokémon's dust blocks the additional effects of attacks taken.
Kakuna:

Body Control: Harden stiffens up the muscles to the point where its durability increases by a good amount. Flexing your muscles normally won't do this, so it should be body control

Purification: Type 3, Can quickly cure itself of status effects like burning, frozen, sleep, mind manipulation, paralysis, electric based paralysis
Agreed.
This seems reasonable.
Seems reasonable.
I don't think it's necessary to list it as superior. If you want to denote that Fell Stinger gives a higher than typical amplification, maybe note it in the justification.
Ex: "If Fell Stinger KOs a foe, it raises Beedrill's Attack dramatically." Or say "Via Fell Stinger", since the Notable Attacks/Technique section already explains Fell Stinger.

Pardon me barging in kinda late & just kinda chiming in, please.

Back