• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Epsilon_R

He/Him
A total of 4 feats got calced and we're accepted. With them we can adjust the scaling and the characters ratings in the speed section

Calc 1
The calc with the lowest results is a feat made by Gauche when he reflected Patry's Ray of Divine Punishment. This feat is Relativistic+

For now, let's say that everyone is downgraded to Relativistic+, I will elaborate on who still scale to FTL when I'll get into the other calcs

Calc 2
This one was made by Yami. He tagged a character that moves at lightspeed

Other than Yami, I think the other captains should scale as they should be somewhat comparable to each other, as well as the Third Eye for being comparable to the Captains as well

However, it should be noted that the characters mentioned above will only get this value for their reactions and combat speed.

«Relativistic+ with FTL Reactions and Combat Speed»

Those that will get this value for travel speed as well is the following:

RK Arc Asta: (Intercepted Rill's attack)
Black Asta: (Faster than Ladros' attacks that blitzed him in base form)
RK Arc Yuno: (Comparable to Asta)
Spirit Dive Yuno: (Faster than before)
Rufel: (On par with Black Asta)

Calc 3&4
The last two were done by Nozel and Mereoleona, both of them being captains. Nozel intercepted Patry's Ray of Divine Punishment while Mereoleona travelled a longer distance than Raia while he was using a spell that makes him move at Lightspeed. Both feats are FTL+, they even have the exact same result, however I will consider Mereoleona's feat to be faster than Nozel's as her reactions and physical abilities were lowered by a spell.

Those that scale to Nozel:
EI Arc Captains: (Comparable to Nozel)
Latry [Combat Speed only]: (Declared to be slightly faster than Yami and Jack)
Zagred: (Considered Asta to be slow. Dodged Yami's attacks)
Dante: (Easily Dodged Asta's strikes. On par with Yami)
Zenon/Vanica: (Comparable to Dante)
Asta [Berserk Mode/Devil's Bargain]: (Could keep with Dante to an extent)

Those scaling to Mereoleona:
Vetto: (On par with her)
Licht: (Blitzed Asta despite him having ki. Comparable if not faster than Vetto)
Lumiere: (Comparable to Licht)

I think I covered pretty much everything

Elves Invasion Asta was able to react to Mereoleona's Calidos Brachium Barrage while she wasn't slowed and outrun it. He should scale.

I disagree with several things, mainly with some calculations.

Calc 1:

The notable error is in the pixels you used to find the distance between the beam and Yami, where just as you measured the sword, you could use Yami's height, but you can clearly see that the ratio is wrong because the angle.

In addition, Gauche to reflect this is a PIS, since Yami and Patri himself could not avoid it, he also mentions that he failed to see this because it is the speed of light. There is also the fact that Gauche is unable to react to Patri's constructions that were inferior to Ray.

Calc 2:

The problem here is in the context and how the technique of moving the speed of light works.

As we see here, Yami was totally focused on the 3 that just arrived, so Raia uses the movement of the speed of light and approaches Yami without the same not even realizing what had happened, he still touches his Grimorio. Yami then fires his attack that narrowly catches Raia (Which is consistent, since Yami himself quotes that he couldn't hit Patri because he moved at the speed of light.), but the question is, how does a guy who moves at the speed of light almost avoid an attack that is 4.51x faster than him?
The reason Yami's attack narrowly hit Raia is because when he is using this movement technique, he can only move in a straight line. In his fight against Mareleona we are better shown how this technique works and in ALL scans, he could only move in a straight line.

Calc 3:
I have already mentioned that Patri's constructs are not the speed of light, he does not care about the properties here, since in his own work he is treated as inferior, in addition, the constructs are something that Patri himself manipulates, they don't have a certain speed, it can accelerate them.

There is also the fact that you are assuming that mercury had to travel all this distance to intercept the constructs, which is wrong. In addition, the Patri, using the magic of moving the speed of light, managed to escape Nozel's mercury (Note that when using this, it only moves in a straight line).

Calc 4:
So, this calculation here doesn't even know how it was accepted.
Mareleona shoots and then Raia uses the technique, an example of this is here:

He realizes that Raia is stopped and then, Mareleona fires several attacks in his direction, Raia then sees the attacks and before the attacks reach him, he can use special magic and the technique of movement at the speed of light, showing once again that the com the technique, he was faster than Mareleona's attacks.

I agree with everything said by Usk. I also have some issues with the calculations. I'll do a recalc or simply tell you what is wrong.

Calc 1:

"But you can clearly see that the ratio is wrong because the angle."

Hence why I used the sword, which was at the horizontal and therefore, isn't affected by the angle.

Edit: I later found out that you can find the distance without getting unusable results by using Asta instead of Yami. Now, if you want me to do that we can hold this calc.

"he also mentions that he failed to see this because it is the speed of light. There is also the fact that Gauche is unable to react to Patri's constructions that were inferior to Ray."

What he actually said was "I couldn't see it... But it was lightspeed"

If by "see" he really meant "couldn't react", then he wouldn't have known it was exactly lightspeed to begin with. And the fact that he had the time to teleport and cast a spell proves that he wasn't talking about speed.

Those construction were not stated to be inferior than the ray in speed. The only arguments in favor of this are the statements by Patry, one being "Right now, this is my greatest magic" and the other being "Speed you'll never avoid".

The first one doesn't refer to speed at all while the second one is very hyperbolic, a similar thing was said for another light magic spell and yet it got blocked with ease.

Calc 2:

"Raia uses the movement of the speed of light and approaches Yami without the same not even realizing what had happened"

All he said was "I got careless", meaning that he wouldn't have been surprised if he was ready to fight and was expecting him to move as fast as his previous opponent.

"Which is consistent, since Yami himself quotes that he couldn't hit Patri because he moved at the speed of light."

Sorry but this is a weak argument, just because Patry dodged Yami's attack doesn't mean Yami's slower.

A 6 km/h man can dodge a 30 km/h car 15 meters away from him just by stepping aside of its path. Does that mean the car is slower than the man? Of course not, because the distance was long enough for the human to step aside and dodge. That's basically aim-dodging.

And this is what happened here, Yami and Patry were far enough from each other that the latter could dodge his attack despite being 4.5× slower, especially with how small the width/AoE of a slash is.

"but the question is, how does a guy who moves at the speed of light almost avoid an attack that is 4.51x faster than him?"

The same way a mere human can dodge a car that is several times faster than he is.

"The reason Yami's attack narrowly hit Raia is because when he is using this movement technique, he can only move in a straight line. In his fight against Mareleona we are better shown how this technique works and in ALL scans, he could only move in a straight line."

Even then, that doesn't change the fact that Yami's arm travelled a longer distance than Raia did, which is what actually matters here.

Calc 3:

"I have already mentioned that Patri's constructs are not the speed of light, he does not care about the properties here, since in his own work he is treated as inferior, in addition, the constructs are something that Patri himself manipulates, they don't have a certain speed, it can accelerate them."

Here, he fired them and they were able to outrun him despite moving at lightspeed. Sure, he can manipulate them but once he fires them, he can't to that anymore. If the swords were really slower than Lightspeed, then Patry would've outrun them.

"There is also the fact that you are assuming that mercury had to travel all this distance to intercept the constructs, which is wrong."

Yes, he actually had to cover all of this distance as they came from behind him. Except the part where I also pixelscaled the shield, nothing else is wrong here.

"In addition, the Patri, using the magic of moving the speed of light, managed to escape Nozel's mercury (Note that when using this, it only moves in a straight line)."

No, it's not. And the only instance where Patry actually escaped his mercury, Nozel wasn't even trying to hit him but to lure him in order to set his silver cage. In addition, Patry can easily avoid them by aim dodging

Calc 4:

What actually happened is that Raia was about to move (as seen with the speed trails around him), and Mereoleona then jump towards him. Next page, both of them are moving at the same time. Nothing implying that Raia moved after Mereoleona here.

And your whole point about raia seeing her fire attacks is irrelevant here because I'm calculating the distance her arm travelled, not the attacks.

Unless you can prove that in the other instances Raia did travel a longer distance than her arm, there's nothing wrong with calc 4

I'm neutral on the calculations; I think the light speed lore is fine; but I do have a tendency to question calculation methods for various. But I can safely say Relativistic+ at the very least looks fine. But prefer to hear thoughts from calc group members.

Calc 1:

Hence why I used the sword, which was at the horizontal and therefore, isn't affected by the angle.

Edit: I later found out that you can find the distance without getting unusable results by using Asta instead of Yami. Now, if you want me to do that we can hold this calc.

But using the sword horizontally will not change the fact that Asta is in front of the attack and using it to measure something that is "far" from him is flawed, the best would be to use angsize.
"he also mentions that he failed to see this because it is the speed of light. There is also the fact that Gauche is unable to react to Patri's constructions that were inferior to Ray."

What he actually said was "I couldn't see it... But it was lightspeed"

If by "see" he really meant "couldn't react", then he wouldn't have known it was exactly lightspeed to begin with. And the fact that he had the time to teleport and cast a spell proves that he wasn't talking about speed.

Those construction were not stated to be inferior than the ray in speed. The only arguments in favor of this are the statements by Patry, one being "Right now, this is my greatest magic" and the other being "Speed you'll never avoid".

The first one doesn't refer to speed at all while the second one is very hyperbolic, a similar thing was said for another light magic spell and yet it got blocked with ease.
Definitely not, he saw this before and even saw the attack being fired, he even knew where he was supposed to go to intercept the attack, so with I couldn't see you think what he is talking about? Right after that he mentions the speed of the beam, as if that were something too fast for him to see.
In addition, we have his own speech below:

There's no way he could dodge that, right? Eat it, punk

Even Patri himself could not avoid this because of his speed and that was in fact what happened, he could not deviate from it and Gauche himself knew that Patri was faster than him, so...

And no, it’s not hyperbolic because Patri was already aware of Yami’s speed and knew that it was a speed he couldn’t cope with and the example you’ve set is also not hyperbolic, that’s what Asta thought about that moment according to what he saw of Mareleona, but he was wrong, since he still didn't know the speed of Mareleona, Patri's differentiator.

Calc 2:

All he said was "I got careless", meaning that he wouldn't have been surprised if he was ready to fight and was expecting him to move as fast as his previous opponent.
In fact it could mean that he would not be surprised, but it is not the case here. It was not the first time that this happened, in the fight against Patri, the same using the speed of light technique passes by Yami without him even seeing, then, he stops behind Yami and shoots his constructs and thus he manages to block using Ki , that is, Yami can react to a constructs at close range, but he cannot even see Patri while he is moving at the speed of light.

Sorry but this is a weak argument, just because Patry dodged Yami's attack doesn't mean Yami's slower.

A 6 km/h man can dodge a 30 km/h car 15 meters away from him just by stepping aside of its path. Does that mean the car is slower than the man? Of course not, because the distance was long enough for the human to step aside and dodge. That's basically aim-dodging.

And this is what happened here, Yami and Patry were far enough from each other that the latter could dodge his attack despite being 4.5× slower, especially with how small the width/AoE of a slash is.
Your example is horrible man, in fact you can deviate from something even though you are slower, but the question is ... until when? Yami using Ki to predict Patri's movements and being 4.51x faster, he could definitely hit Patri without difficulty, in addition, Yami's sentence implies that it is precisely because of the speed of light that Patri is deflecting from all blows from Yami, he is clearly putting himself on a pedestal below, so much so that the only time that Yami hit him directly was when he immobilized.

For a guy who can predict the enemy's movements and is 4.51x faster than him, hitting a blow without needing to immobilize it should be something easier, don't you think?

Even then, that doesn't change the fact that Yami's arm travelled a longer distance than Raia did, which is what actually matters here.
No, Raia had already moved and the attack only grazed because of its width and not its speed, since as I mentioned, he only used the speed of light to move backwards and then to get out of range. attack, but he failed to get out of range in time.

Calc 3:

Here, he fired them and they were able to outrun him despite moving at lightspeed. Sure, he can manipulate them but once he fires them, he can't to that anymore. If the swords were really slower than Lightspeed, then Patry would've outrun them.
He didn’t pass it, you can clearly see that the constructs are way ahead of Patri, so much so that if you take the distance from where Patri was hit in comparison to this one, you’ll see the difference between them and that the constructs were well ahead his.

No, it's not. And the only instance where Patry actually escaped his mercury, Nozel wasn't even trying to hit him but to lure him in order to set his silver cage. In addition, Patry can easily avoid them by aim dodging
Obviously Nozel was trying to hit him, but he knew that it was useless because he wouldn’t be able to affect him for Patri’s reason using the spell is faster, so he creates a sphere and leaves Patri caged, so it’s no use to his speed, with the lights reflecting at all times, he would be hit.
If the mercury were even 15x faster than Patri, there would be no need for that.

Also, we have a quote from the magic of light being the fastest, right?

Calc 4:

Okay, the scan you showed does not indicate anything at all that Raia would, nor does it even make sense, just in a single case where Raia used this combo for something other than to escape Mareleona's attacks, which was not the case.
As I showed earlier, Mareleona fires the attack and then Raia moves to avoid it, the scene is exactly the same as the previous one where Raia using the spell was much faster than Mareleona's attacks, so like that from one scene to another Mareleona is 15x faster than the technique of Raia.

Also, we have a quote from the magic of light being the fastest, right?
0143-008.png

Chapter 143, Page 8.

Hmm, if there is a problem with the calcs then other calc members should be called here.
@DemonGodMitchAubin Might you come check this out, since it looks like you signed off on a few?
@Damage3245 Might I also ask for you to come here?
@DMUA And since it looks like you signed off on some as well, might you come check this out?

These are calcs he helped certify, if they're up for discussion he should at least be alerted to that.

Heh, ok, it's just that i hate when situations where people get mad at each other for simply things and the mood gets bad

Back