• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Volpina VS Loki with the Scepter / Mind stone

* Standard Battle Assumptions (Volpina is 7-C, Loki is High 7-C. Speed is equalized)

* Both gets an hour of prep time

* Victory can be achieved by any means

* Volpina: 8 (Monkey_Dunno, Lord_JJJ, Popted2, Bernkastelll, Arcker123, Psychomaster35, Starter_Pack, LightReinh12345)

* Loki:

* Inconclusive: 1 (Sir_Ovens)
a3317854e4c15a864c920742d7ee1332.png

N_7H-kWaUd8XNk89BDNq4Rhh7LPZz7gXP-w_aIpiSYIP2njXEOKoNkQxDdQAU3mEFFBlGucHkAN3d6hMzgh5Q7euj_asFkjglSg

549cb7c7353e76bb56502656346593c9.png

Last edited:
Incon 'cause they don’t understand why their illusions aren’t being vanished at touch.

So, I guess this match revolves about who takes the bait first. Both of their prep strategies consist on basically settling illusions, none of them knows that the other is an illusionist and any attack from the other would be quite dangerous to take.

And I'm rotting towards Volpina here. Mostly because of in-character behavior. IIRC, Loki's illusions are mostly about making himself look vulnerable in order to find an opening or mere luring; whereas Volpina's illusion are about putting her foe's in a sense of a checkmate to make them surrender. Both might be fooled by each other’s traps, but Volpina is the least likely to expose herself at first, as Loki would be the one here trying to blindside her, or her illusion for that matter. That leaves a huge opening for Loki towards a character that can one-shot him.

There's also the fact that, whereas close, Volpina isn’t on the one-shot range and the Scepter's control may not work on her cuz laughs.

So voting for Volpina, unless I'm missing something.

How is this fair? No Akumatized character can actually lose a match without purification because their Akuma is just going to duplicate until it is purified.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't physically destroy an Akuma, right? You need Ladybug's Miraculous to purify it.

How is this fair? No Akumatized character can actually lose a match without purification because their Akuma is just going to duplicate until it is purified.
He can kill Lila when she's detransformed as a human. Also he can use his AP to kill her too. Nothing states that heroes and akumas are invulnerable, and in fact, we do see them get hurt or defeated

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't physically destroy an Akuma, right? You need Ladybug's Miraculous to purify it.
Cataclysm can also do the trick, but if Volpina is de-akumatized to Lila and Loki kills her, then the akuma won't make her Volpina again since she would be dead

Can you show me an instance of an Akuma being beaten not by purification?

Can you show me an instance of an Akuma being beaten not by purification?
He doesn't need to kill the akuma too. If Loki make Volpina detransform, and then kills her civillian human form, then she won't be able to turn into Volpina again because she would be dead

That Akuma was deconstructed, something Loki can't do. And if Volpina is returned to normal, the Akuma would just infect and petrify Loki. I say inconclusive.

Back