• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of the Swordsmen! Link vs Cloud!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
WarriorWare said:
I guess if I want a spite match so badly I can always say Sephiroth vs. God Flowey...but their similarities are far less apparent.
Really? I thought Asriel pulled way more of a One-Winged Angel moment.
My first thought was See, he doesn't even use a sword but then I remembered. He does use a sword. Two of them.

When I say similarities, I'm more referring to their backstories; for example, when they first came to be, they were injected with something both natural and unnatural (Jenova Cells/Determination) in the name of science. They're extremely difficult to put down permanently due to having a vast amounts of similar emotions (willpower/Determination). I could go on, but this isn't the place.

WarriorWare said:
When I say similarities, I'm more referring to their backstories; for example, when they first came to be, they were injected with something both natural and unnatural (Jenova Cells/Determination) in the name of science.
Technically Sephiroth wasn't injected, Lucrecia was while she was pregnant with him.

Either way, I believe this topic should be locked, the upgrades Cloud has received makes this a mismatch without stats being equalized (Either pre or post equipment increases).

Yeah, I know Lucrecia was the one who got injected with the stuff, but it's close enough. The stuff got in him via injection.

Even with stats equalized I really don't see what gives Link such a big advantage. Cloud has way more range and overall a much bigger area of effect. It's much easier for Cloud to land a hit on Link than vice-versa, even with speed equalized.

With stats equalized before equipment I see them as fairly equal with the main deciding factor being terrain. Cloud having an advantage on a simple battlefield and Link having an advantage on a more complex one.

CyberGhost42 said:
With stats equalized before equipment I see them as fairly equal with the main deciding factor being terrain. Cloud having an advantage on a simple battlefield and Link having an advantage on a more complex one.
I agree. Even without stat equalization, it'd still be an extremely close fight, even with their maxed out gear with the highest buffs they can achieve. Cloud would just have an advantage with speed/range, but with maxed out defensive buffs, Link would be able to tank any hit from Cloud.

ZachariahB said:
CyberGhost42 said:
I agree. Even without stat equalization, it'd still be an extremely close fight, even with their maxed out gear with the highest buffs they can achieve. Cloud would just have an advantage with speed/range, but with maxed out defensive buffs, Link would be able to tank any hit from Cloud.
Objectively false. Cloud outclasses Link by several tiers in every stat.

ZachariahB said:
CyberGhost42 said:
You do know Cloud is 4-A now, right? Even full composite Link can't win now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back