• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of Century: Speedwagon vs Goomba

I don't think it's 8-C Speedwagon, at least not without a revision.

I think it's Speedwagon having access to an 8-C attack

I have contacted an admin. Azzy. Secondly, a CRT is to show others. Like I said, I believe that it'd be 8-C. And... it'd be 8-C with that attack, basically. Another tier would be added. "9-B, 8-C via (whatever)"

Also, didn't Jonathan only bstart fighting equally with 8-Cs after his training with Zeppeli? The Speedwagon fight was before that.

Dargoo has said that the calc linked is for vampires, not zombies, which are "consistently shown" to be beneath them. Do we have a backup calc to support Speedwagon, or do we assume baseline?

Also, the 8-C CRT is a thing you've already made, so for now, we wait.

@Metabro Why link a mario game lol?

I'm assuming you meant to say Goomba and not Speedwagon. Additionally, since we don't know how close to the epicenter the Goomba was/how many obstacles were between it and the blast itself, not sure the feat is quantifiable. Or if we should disregard it as PIS. Or whatever.

No, I meant what I said. Does Speedwagon have anything comparable to it? Because I can't recall anything Speedwagon survived being remotely similar to this

Hardly matter how close they are to the epicenter when the explosion blew the entire fortress to smithereens and sent the whole group flying God knows how far away. Definitely higher than wall level lol

Well yeah, it does. As an explosion goes out from the epicenter, the force gets weaker. And yeah, could be, but could also be PIS. Not saying it is, not knowledgeable on Mario, really, but yeah.

"As an explosion goes out from the epicenter, the force gets weaker."

When the force of an explosion is already so high, it's still going to be very powerful regardless of how much of that energy got dispersed. Again, the solid stone fortress was in smithereens. That takes a huge amount of energy

"And yeah, could be, but could also be PIS. Not saying it is, not knowledgeable on Mario, really, but yeah."

You would be surprised how resilient Goombas can be. This Goomba for instance led an assault against Fawful and won

Behind walls, which are tanking said force, and away from the force, you'd be surprised how unimpressive a feat can be, even behind such impressive show. I got 6-B on a global glacier once.

You're standing 50m from a nuke going off. Do you trust two or three brick walls to protect you? Nope, you're still fried

The force of this blast blew even the outer walls of the fortress to indistinguishable pebbles. It sent the group flying at least hundreds of meters away even though they were within the deepest reaches of the fortress

Speedwagon can't compare

That wasn't a nuke, at best it'd be something along the lines of the explosion from V for Vendetta (even then, questionable). Nukes are different in the fact that A. more powerful and B. radiation kills whatever is left.

But yeah, it is almost certainly higher than 9-B, but that isn't on their profile, nor has it been calc'd, so we can't really justify using it unless both happen.

If the feat IS added, then this fight is a very bad stomp in Goomba's favor.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/a4697e6b37c784b8c12f2cc7db9ad6e1/tenor.gif?itemid=8654562

The point is that when an explosion is large and powerful enough, it doesn't matter how many stone walls are in front if you if you're caught in blast radius

"But yeah, it is almost certainly higher than 9-B, but that isn't on their profile, nor has it been calc'd, so we can't really justify using it unless both happen."

We most certainly can. It's a clear cut feat that's easily above anything Speedwagon has done

1. Yes, it does. They can tank force from it.

2. No, it is about as not clear cut anything like an explosion can be. We don't know how little of the force Goomba actually tanked due to lack of knowledge on the walls, his position, and so on. At best we could lowball it into the ground and assume he was on the outermost edges of the blast and get something like 9-A/8-C or so.

But yeah, aside from Speedwagon dealing damage to a low-end 8-C with a weapon, it would be above what what baseline Speedwagon has. At that point the thread would have to be closed.

"Yes, it does. They can tank force from it."

The walls? They were pulverized by the blast so they most certainly could not contain any reasonable amount of energy from it lol

"No, it is about as not clear cut anything like an explosion can be. We don't know how little of the force Goomba actually tanked due to lack of knowledge on the walls, his position, and so on. At best we could lowball it into the ground and assume he was on the outermost edges of the blast and get something like 9-A/8-C or so."

They were in the throne room, as in likely the most inner part of the fortress. Pretty much where the video shows the explosion originated. We also see Bowser and the group flying from the explosion's epicenter

Tank some portion of the force. Some amount of energy hitting Goomba is negated destroying those walls.

Speculation and assumtpions should be kept minimal.

Breh

If even the outer walls were obliterated by the blast, whatever energy was absorbed by the walls is going to be insignificant. The entire fortress practically disintegrated by the explosion. Its walls obviously couldn't shield or absorb squat

I've told you the facts. If you'd rather not hear 'em, that's fine. My advice for the future, though, is that feats can appear a lot better than they really are. With as many factors as you're completely disregarding, it could come out a lot lower than you expect considering that's only an 8-B or so explosion.

"I've told you the facts"

lol Okay guy

>explosion originates within the center of the fortress

>group is in the center of the fortress, where the throne room is

>explosion is powerful enough to turn the entire structure to dust

>Bowser and co. seen flying from the center of the explosion

>"But the walls that were basically paper mache to the explosion totally shielded 99.99999999999% of the explosion's energy"

"it could come out a lot lower than you expect considering that's only an 8-B or so explosion"

That's exactly what it comes out to, and city block level craps over anything Speedwagon (and most Jojo characters) has

Back to the topic at hand, I'm still for Goomba for winning. Metabro, if you'd like to vote, feel free, but we use what is on the page.

Besides the argument of his hats tier, is he also like incredibly accurate with it? Like he'll never miss an attack ever? Because if not then it would be a one use thing if he misses, considering the Goomba probably wouldn't allow him to get it back and would fight tooth and nail to make sure he doesn't get that hat.

Yeah. I could probably take a look at the explosion above and provide some safe lowballs, maybe a Goomba CRT is in order. Goomba has done a lot through the years lol.

Does the boot also like, increase his AP at al? It feels like it would but I can't be too sure honestly. I still don't know how calcs work and stuff

To my knowledge, no, but it does increase mobility and the like. It also allows them to stand on things they'd otherwise be harmed by.

Well this is over now. I concluded my revision for Speedwagon, he now has an 8-C weapon. He throws his Buzzsaw Hat and cuts the poor Goomba in half.

I still vote Speedwagon.

Back