• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for the strongest 10-A (Speed Equal)

Yes. But that null is thought based, same as Yogiri's ID.

So they would both activate at the same time.

One's brain doesn't instantly arrive at a conclusion. It follows a logical sequence of statements before doing so. For instance, the subconscious monologue within Yogiri's mind would be something like:

Statement 1: Imma kill this guy

Statement 2: Imma do it by thinking "die"

Statement 3: Die

GER nulls at statement 1 itself.

GER still has to perform an action to do that, which is thinking, so i don't see how it gets its ability off first.

It can null intent, but in order to do that, it still has to activate its ability.

Small Bump.

@Tactical

You're arguing superior speed in a speed equal battle, with both characters having thought based hax.

Celestial Pegasus said:
GER still has to perform an action to do that, which is thinking, so i don't see how it gets its ability off first.
It can null intent, but in order to do that, it still has to activate its ability.
GER is an automatic stand. It may have self awareness, but no, stands do not have to think to automatically defend their masters. Many stand lack any cognition of any kind, but will still automatically defend their master

Bump.

I need more part 5 peeps to justify this "automatic activation based on hostile intent." thing.

Even then.

I don't think nulling Yogiri's will, will save GER or Giorno from ID as The Heavenly Record Eater had become tagged by ID the second it decided to harm Yogiri (As in, before Yogiri thought "die" which didn't happen until the end of the chapter)

So, the best result in this case would be inconclusive for Giorno and Yogiri.

Yogiri's death sensing perception is actually a form of future vision though, spotting danger, before it happen to him. Before GER could even make it, he would have seen it a mile away, and just reflectively "die" the target (it doesn't even need word tbh, merely it's for him to hold himself back).

@Andy

Somewhat true..but the question now would be if GER could somehow prevent ID from being cast by instantly nulling Yogiri's willpower.

...Isn't GER able to nullify Precognition in an erased time (thus, acting outside of Giorno's consciousness)? Diavolo's attempt to see through the future outright failed against GER (regardless of how many attempts Diavolo tried to use his precognition), so I don't see how a Precognitive-based ability would be that useful against GER.

Just clarifying, Yogiri doesn't have to explicitly think to kill someone. He ties his instant death ability to his killing intent sense, and it can occur automatically. He did this with the aforementioned Heavenly World Eater and multiple times when he was in the devil's tower. This would be a good fight, though. With speed equalized, I'd have to give it to Yogiri. Without speed equalized, Giorno.

LaughlinJacob said:
Just clarifying, Yogiri doesn't have to explicitly think to kill someone. He ties his instant death ability to his killing intent sense, and it can occur automatically. He did this with the aforementioned Heavenly World Eater and multiple times when he was in the devil's tower.
It's crazy because this is implied many times throughout his uses of his powers, but at the same time he and other characters state the opposite for some reason....He'll probably become way more OP as the WN gets translated, as he's implied to be something like a like Catastrophic Apparition which embodies death itself...but we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, for the time being, I'm going with inconclusive. There's not enough feats on Yogiri's end, so without further information on his power, they could just perpetually be one-shotting each other.

@Lapitus

IDK....You want to make the match..?

Just Glancing over the pofile, I would say Yogiri wins, but maybe there's hidden hax not completely obvious.

I still think it'd be inconclusive. Although Giorno's stand can reverse harm on a universal scale, Yogiri's power isn't limited by time. If Yogiri died, inevitably, Giorno would too. The heavenly record eater Yogiri killed also tried to turn back time on itself/reverse its death, repeatedly, but it barely even delayed his power. Immortality, immunities, and power reversal are generally bypassed with his ability.

On top of that, speed is equalized. Speed doesn't matter here. What matters is how fast their hax fire off, and they're both described as instant. Yogiri killed the eater before it had even tried to eat his universe, and one guy who slowed time to practically a halt for as much as beginning to get angry. Plus, OP doesn't specify if both sides are bloodlusted or in-character.

The best part for Giorno is even if he loses he still is the strongest in speed unequalized because Infinite. Anyway, the heck is Yogiri's type 8 and 9?

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Can his hax work in time stop?
No. But he would get it off way before time stop is activated.

The second he senses ill intent, he activates ID.

@The Smashor

1) Yogiri might actually be able to react to immeasurable or infinite speeds, because of his feats with the HRE and the Demon Lord, but some other things and statements contradict those feats...so they aren't viable. But he may be upgraded later depending on the direction the story is going.

2) Yogiri only negates immortality, he doesn't have it.

Edit: Actually, I just re-read over The stalker's profile, Time Stop appears to be passive...in that case, it's hard to say.

The HRE contains space-time within itself and is made up of several universes, yet Yogiri could kill it before it killed him.

I've heard the arguments and it's really close for me. In terms of strength, Instant Death seems to be more powerful than GER in the sense that once it activates, I doubt GER has the ability to stop it. I believe it seems to have enough evidence to suggest that causality manipulation would not work.

On the other hand, this is more of an argument of who shoots first. Thinking about killing someone has a logical conclusion beforehand as already pointed out (ie, I'm mad - This guy is dangerous - Die Die Die Die). If GER activates any time before he reaches that final conclusion it's a wrap.

Yogiri cannot see nor sense GER in any capacity I believe, stands don't carry killing intent any more than a gun carries killing intent; they're just tools. He can only read Giorno, who would more likely than not be irritated by Yogiri rather than actually threatened (keep in mind he's literally the top dog within the mob at this point in time, and he has the strongest stand we've seen), so I don't see much reason for Yogiri to be particularly jumpy and initiate instant-death on Giorno, though that's not to say he won't, it's just unlikely he'll lead with it on an opponent with no killing intent, and perhaps he'll extra paranoid about this. Either way, during this standoff GER simply resets any ill-will towards Giorno and the fight is now concluded. Yogiri no longer has any want or need to kill Giorno. From there he gets a barrage of punches and dies... over and over and over and over...

This is my conclusion, I vote Giorno.

Just noting that Yogiri doesn't necessarily have to think to use his ability. He can connect it to his sense for killing intent, and his sense for killing intent doesn't necessarily mean you have to actually want to kill him. Hostility, even in the nature of protecting something or perceiving him as a threat, has led to the downfall of a few individuals in the light novel. Causality manipulation doesn't work, as you said. He can override that and time reversal, akin to what he did with the heavenly record eater. He can see GER, in fact. It's never really explained, but he has the ability to see incorporeal beings, even when they're hiding. Still, he could kill Giorno in that place of GER.

Also, if they're acting in-character, Yogiri is extremely jumpy with instant death. He's been shown to fire it off by accident at even the slightest hint of danger. If Giorno even remotely wants Yogiri's head, he'd be off'd by that alone. As far as punching him goes, he can detect what are called death lines. He can evade most attacks that can cause death. His ability is more to sense the potential for death AND the intent for death than it is just killing intent. Though, this was only revealed in recent chapters, so I wouldn't expect it to be well-known.

I'm still voting inconclusive, because even with speed equalized -- meaning GER can't blitz him like people keep voting for -- it's more a matter of who attacks first. Normally, Yogiri would, but we can't say that without knowing the circumstances they fight in.

His ability is more to sense the potential for death AND the intent for death than it is just killing intent. Though, this was only revealed in recent chapters, so I wouldn't expect it to be well-known.

This is actually true. Death Lines were mentioned briefly in previous chapters as well, I just completely forgot about them tbh...

So... McQueen for speed equalised match agreed? Or not?

Bump by the way

I vote Incon,

This seems like a who shoots first match as either GER nulls Yogiri's action or Yogori insta kills Giorno, theres also the chance that GER kills Yogiri but still dies to Insta death which would also be Incon.

Inconclusive: 4 - PsychoWarper, LaughlinJacob, Misogi2, ZackMoon1234

May need to recount but so far here we go for the confirmed votes

And I affirm this thread to continue

Back