• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for Best Sonic Girl! Amy Rose VS Blaze the Cat (0-6-0)

I'm gonna assume Amy is NOT considered Digitized for this match.

Amy Rose:
  • +Her Piko Piko Hammer will be able to easily deflect minor projectiles shot out by Blaze.
  • +Parrying (allows Amy to slow the flow of combat, giving her more time to react and allowing for greater control of the battlefield in terms of re-positioning/dodging).
  • +Ichikoro Gauge would allow Amy to turn the tides of battle entirely even if on the back-foot, potentially letting her one-shotting Blaze.
  • +Reliable method of healing damage with Amy Heal.
  • +Strength Support 6, Attack Support 5, and Speed Up Lv 5 passively increases her defense, attack, and Speed respectively.
  • +Amy Guard will no-sell any of Blaze's attacks.
  • +Superior arsenal at her disposal, having a variety of Item Boxes with Rings/Elemental Shields/Weapons.
  • +Can delude herself enough to spawn a Sonic from her imagination to help her fight (wtf)
  • =While inferior in direct combat intelligence, her knack as a brilliant tactician should help.
  • = Has a Spin Dash and Boost to match Blaze.
  • -Inferior combat intelligence.
  • -Might aim for diplomacy first, putting her at a disadvantaged mindset initially.

Blaze the Cat:
  • +FIRE! HOT HOT HOT!
  • +Comparable agility/acrobatics to Sonic, making her the better acrobat.
  • +Greater combat intelligence, directly rivaling Sonic.
  • +Due to her control over fire, Blaze can likely negate the Flame Shield entirely.
  • +More willing to use a Chaos Emerald for the purpose of Chaos Control.
  • +Using her Boost is far more in-character than with Amy, with the fire lacing it adding extra 'oomph'.
  • = Has a Spin Dash and Boost to match Amy.
  • -Less variety in her equipment.
  • -No direct answer to Amy Guard's defense or Ichikoro Gauge's AP increase.

I'm struggling to choose who has a better chance here, though I'm leaning towards a vote for Blaze. I'll probably solidify my vote later.

Last edited:
I'm gonna assume Amy is NOT considered Digitized for this match.

Amy Rose:
  • +Her Piko Piko Hammer will be able to easily deflect minor projectiles shot out by Blaze.
  • +Parrying (allows Amy to slow the flow of combat, giving her more time to react and allowing for greater control of the battlefield in terms of re-positioning/dodging).
  • +Ichikoro Gauge would allow Amy to turn the tides of battle entirely even if on the back-foot, potentially letting her one-shotting Blaze.
  • +Reliable method of healing damage with Amy Heal.
  • +Strength Support 6, Attack Support 5, and Speed Up Lv 5 passively increases her defense, attack, and Speed respectively.
  • +Amy Guard will no-sell any of Blaze's attacks.
  • +Superior arsenal at her disposal, having a variety of Item Boxes with Rings/Elemental Shields/Weapons.
  • +Can delude herself enough to spawn a Sonic from her imagination to help her fight (wtf)
  • =While inferior in direct combat intelligence, her knack as a brilliant tactician should help.
  • = Has a Spin Dash and Boost to match Blaze.
  • -Inferior combat intelligence.
  • -Might aim for diplomacy first, putting her at a disadvantaged mindset initially.

Blaze the Cat:
  • +FIRE! HOT HOT HOT!
  • +Comparable agility/acrobatics to Sonic, making her the better acrobat.
  • +Greater combat intelligence, directly rivaling Sonic.
  • +Due to her control over fire, Blaze can likely negate the Flame Shield entirely.
  • +More willing to use a Chaos Emerald for the purpose of Chaos Control.
  • +Using her Boost is far more in-character than with Amy, with the fire lacing it adding extra 'oomph'.
  • = Has a Spin Dash and Boost to match Amy.
  • -Less variety in her equipment.
  • -No direct answer to Amy Guard's defense or Ichikoro Gauge's AP increase.

I'm struggling to choose who has a better chance here, though I'm leaning towards a vote for Blaze. I'll probably solidify my vote later.
Here are more:

Amy:
+Invisibillity
+Greater striking power with her hammer(s), as she's comparable to Sonic even without it and used it to deal the fatal blow on the badnik train
+Easy Paralysis (via Amy Flash)
+As far as we know, more combat experience against a wider variety of opponents
+Can make herself up to 8× stronger with power cores
+Can increase her combat speed with Hyper Mode
+Her poison parry can gradually reduce Blaze's survivabillity while her abillity to endlessly create rings and an infinite boost gauge with cyloop increases her own tremendously
+Social Influencing, summoning, duplication, and force jewels make her incredibly unpredicatable and grant her oppressive control over the battlefield.

-Likely has no counter to Blaze's BFR
-Can slow down time, but not stop it entirely like Blaze can
-Cannot fly without an extreme gear or an Egg Mobile (still has ridiculous air mobillity and really high jumps though)
-Basically 0 experience in her Super form, especially at its peak level of power. Her power core boosts likely become null once they're both peak Super.

Blaze:
+Instinctive action could somewhat make up for Amy's unpredictabillity
+Greater, and unlimited means of teleportation
+Explosive fire aura could protect her and force Amy to keep her distance if necessary
+Chaos control BFR likely can't be countered
+Can fly, even without an extreme gear
+Can fully stop time
+Far superior proficiency with her Super form, even having used its full power

-Very much overwhelmed by Amy's toolkit in base form

Amy definitely wins a base form fight, but as soon as they're both Super, I don't even know if Amy can come close to Blaze's level of power. Hypothetically, she COULD, but she never has. Not voting yet, but unless Amy can end the fight before Blaze goes Super, it looks like she's gonna lose for the simple (and lame) reason that she never really used her Super form for anything of importance

I think Blaze has more experience fighting, especially in their respective Super forms, and given they can negate each other's invulnerability I think Burning Blaze would defeat Super Amy but it'll be a hard battle since they should be relative to each other

I think Blaze has more experience fighting, especially in their respective Super forms, and given they can negate each other's invulnerability I think Burning Blaze would defeat Super Amy but it'll be a hard battle since they should be relative to each other
If we assume thier Super states are relative to each other, then the superiority of Amy's base aresenal should carry over to the fight between thier Super forms, viving her the win. Problem is, I see no reason to assume thier Super states are equal. Blaze is the only one who tapped into the full power of the emeralds. Amy hypothetically could, but she never has.

Voting Blaze for skill/experience and firepower. I just can’t see Amy matching someone who’s a direct rival to Sonic.
She only rivaled Sonic back in the Rush games. Sonic was far weaker back than in Frontiers, Murder Of Sonic The Hedgehog, and Dream Team. Amy is equal to Sonic in all of these games and contributed to the squad's victory against the Badnik train more heavily than Blaze did.

Amy even fought Sonic directly in Heroes and characters equal to him in skill in Battle. Even though the profiles state Blaze has greater combat intelligence, I find that questionnable. Not that it matters since even if she did have the edge in that category, she still wouldn't beat Amy in a base fight because her arsenal and skillset is lacking in comparison

She only rivaled Sonic back in the Rush games. Sonic was far weaker back than in Frontiers, Murder Of Sonic The Hedgehog, and Dream Team. Amy is equal to Sonic in all of these games and contributed to the squad's victory against the Badnik train more heavily than Blaze did.
I’d hardly call Amy equal to Sonic. She did help in those games, but she doesn’t show many feats and in the case of Frontiers and Dream Team it’s iffy how much she even did canonically. Blaze should be a rival to Sonic even now given she’s the alternate dimension counterpart of him and her super form was the closest match to Super Sonic iirc. It’s just that she’s used less so we can’t really confirm her skill.
Amy even fought Sonic directly in Heroes and characters equal to him in skill in Battle. Even though the profiles state Blaze has greater combat intelligence, I find that questionnable. Not that it matters since even if she did have the edge in that category, she still wouldn't beat Amy in a base fight because her arsenal and skillset is lacking in comparison
She lost in Heroes though (I think, the cutscenes make it hard to tell), and I feel like the only people really equal to Sonic in Battle are Emerl and Shadow. Amy was beaten by Emerl and Rouge who isn’t on his level, so I still don’t think she’s that skilled overall. It seems like this goes to super forms in which case Blaze edges out.

If you're talking purely about skill, I agree that Blaze has the edge, but as you can see from thr bullet points Shake and I outlined earlier, it's not enough to beat Amy in a base fight. And the only reason I THINK Blaze wins in a Super form fight is because Amy never came close to tapping into the full power of the emeralds like Blaze did.

Problem is, I don't know if this reasoning is valid or if standard battle assumptions would assert that Super Amy is at her best

If you're talking purely about skill, I agree that Blaze has the edge, but as you can see from thr bullet points Shake and I outlined earlier, it's not enough to beat Amy in a base fight. And the only reason I THINK Blaze wins in a Super form fight is because Amy never came close to tapping into the full power of the emeralds like Blaze did.

Problem is, I don't know if this reasoning is valid or if standard battle assumptions would assert that Super Amy is at her best
I’d assume since it’s iffy if Super Amy is even canon that we can say she’s less skilled with the form’s power than Blaze. And she has no Chaos Control which further proves that.

Screw it. Blaze turns into a 1-C immeasurable powerhouse and completely turns the tide on Amy who's stuck in tier 2 and infinite speed FRA. It is what it is.

If we assume they're equal and on the same level, then Pepto may feel differently if I'm reading what they're saying correctly.

If we assume they're equal and on the same level, then Pepto may feel differently if I'm reading what they're saying correctly.
Indeed. If we assume Super Amy and Burning Blaze can tap into the same level of power just as easily as one another, Amy wins in much of the same way she wins in a base fight, but with more difficulty. If not, Blaze blitzes and one shots. Should we assume that? In my opinion, no, but I don't think that opinion is unanymous around here.

Doesn’t this come down to whether Amy is as good with Chaos Energy then? I think we can say she isn’t on Blaze’s level given no instances of using Chaos Control and likely less experience with the form.

Doesn’t this come down to whether Amy is as good with Chaos Energy then? I think we can say she isn’t on Blaze’s level given no instances of using Chaos Control and likely less experience with the form.
We don't have much to go off of other than direct showings with thier Super forms, (of which Amy has none). Especially since Sonic can make better use of his Super form than Shadow can despite the latter's superior affinity for Chaos energy.

Based on those criterias, and the battle conditions in the OP, I think Blaze stomps as soon as she goes Burning. Under different conditions that still account for both's full arsenals, Amy wins with pretty high difficulty.

Are you a vote for Blaze then?

If so that makes 6 i believe
Yeah, but this is really bringing to my attention how ambigious this is, and I hate how this has to be a stomp when we could've had a far more interesting match by keeping them in thier base forms and maybe just restricting some equipment in fairness to Blaze, who has been in way fewer games.
Blaze ftw

Back