• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm back, went out for a run. Anyway, this makes things much fairer. Kudos!

One thing that was kinda irrelevant last time with so many Things is that the Thing is not a "seek and kill" predator, rather preferring to hide and wait. In character, Bruce would probably be able to figure out where the Thing was, using the Batcomputer, and get to it pretty fast. Once he was there, he would try a methodical approach. The Thing would begin by assimilating all workers in the parlor, and growing it's biomass. Batman is smart, he knows this. Once he realises that the Thing is active and moving, he shuts down the building, and doesn't let anyone in or out.

At which point, it's all in the air. I'm going with the Thing simply due to more ways to win.

Batman could develop certain gadgets to help him take down Thing, however. I still think Batman will win, but it will be hard as ****.

Develop more gadgets while stuck in a building with an unknown number of hostiles who look exactly like the people he is trying to protect?

Cure? No.

I'll give you the freezing point though. It would be in character for him, especially as he knows that cold renders the Thing dormant

Not 100%. Remember, he may KO the original Thing with ease, but there are others floating around that could surprise him

I'd go with the Thing, but I guess we can agree to disagree. It all depends on luck at this point, really

Anyways, i'm just gonna see if Batman has a chance. If so, going for him. If not, waiting for the majority opinion.

Ice grenades and Batman being in character makes it seem like he can't lose to me. Plus, in character, can't he just take the ******* Bat Armor? There's no rule against it...

Please watch your language

Ice grenades are all well and good, but Batman needs to know who to throw them at. That is the killer for me. There will be a buncha people in the funeral parlor, and Batman has no idea who is infected or not. He can get to the original Thing good as gold, but the other Thing/s will still be out there. He's a smart man, he knows this. But he won't just start killing innocents to be sure of wiping them out.

Can he develop these grenades on the fly? Cause either he makes these at the parlor, which gives time for a tiny Thing to sneak up on him, or he makes it at Wayne Manor, which is time that the Thing will use to assimilate everyone and everything

As in, he can make an ice grenade that explodes then instantly freezes targets, or he could make a grenade that just causes cold temperatures, I don't know, lmao.

Pretty sure Bats already has some on his person regularly. They're designed not to kill the people they freeze too.

Alright, sorry I'm late. Just got off vacation.

So the issue I'm seeing here for bats is that his counter methods would need to be lethal for a human and have some kind of an aoe to be effective against the Thing. Also, something noone has talked about, but who brought the corpes-thing to the parlor in the first place, cause their all infected too. Even if changes were made before I'm not seeing much of a win-con for bats here. You also have to take into account, this is a city and cities have vermin. Rats, cockroaches and all the other city going animals are infected too. Plus if it takes Batman 5 minutes to get to the parlor, there might not even be a corpes. At this point you'd have to nuke the city to get any resaults.

Omg, I never thought about that. There are more rats in New York than humans. (Idk if this is true but probably) Bats literally has no way of winning her other than nuking or ice nuking. Thing FRA

Uh, wut? When has Batman ever done anything like that, or seemed like he would. Batman doesn't kill, and he doesn't take the lives of others. And it seems inconceviable that he would just have a nuclear weapon floating around when those are his morals

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Then if Batman can survive the intial encounter in the parlor, he should take this for doing what's nessasary.
He'll get overwhelmed before he can, plus @Crimson I said he can develop a nuclear weapon, but he WON'T.

Also, Happy Thanksgiving ya'll, peace!

Back