• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm nitpicking, and this still changes nothing, but I thought maxed out Pokemon stat changes is a 4x differance, not 3x?

It is indeed 4x, cause each +1 is 50% of original value.

I think accuracy and evasion multipliers are calculated separately.

The real cal howard said:
Batman gets in Hellbat Armor and wins just via beating down. Doesn't need anything else. You could make the argument that Hyper Voice's substitute bypassing allows him to hit the meat inside the armor, but that's a stretch.
I want to know what this means by the way

Wonder how long the final batsuit took and what were the prereqs to that. It gives him passive bio mindhax or something.

The Hyper Voice part I'm assuming?

Substitute is a move in Pokemon where the Pokemon creates a 'dummy' shield that soaks up all the damage the Pokemon should be taking until the substitute is broken. The Pokemon is almost entirely invulnerable until the substitute is powered through.

However there's a rare number of abilities and effects that completely ignore Substitute, Hyper Voice is one of those attacks that will damage the protected Pokemon even when they're supposed to be safe. Hyper Voice is just another move in Rayquaza's movepool, you can argue he's even somewhat associated with it thanks to a cutscene but that's getting into in-character and out-of-character debate.

XitSign said:
The Hyper Voice part I'm assuming?

Substitute is a move in Pokemon where the Pokemon creates a 'dummy' shield that soaks up all the damage the Pokemon should be taking until the substitute is broken. The Pokemon is almost entirely invulnerable until the substitute is powered through.

However there's a rare number of abilities and effects that completely ignore Substitute, Hyper Voice is one of those attacks that will damage the protected Pokemon even when they're supposed to be safe. Hyper Voice is just another move in Rayquaza's movepool, you can argue he's even somewhat associated with it thanks to a cutscene but that's getting into in-character and out-of-character debate.
^ this

That would probably one shot batman then. Since it ignores shields and hits the main body, so I guess that's a win condition?

If that counts then I'd expect Ray to land that before Bats lands any blows back, given Ray won't let Bats get close due to never coming close to the ground. Yeah Bats can fly and all but he's primarily a ground fighter.

If bats has no prep, and is grounded, Ray's much better range and ability to fly is a major advantage. But that's only if Hyper Voice's shielding bypass is accepted in this senario.

If that's the case, Ray has a win-con by negating the stupidly stronger durability and can get to the squishy bat inside...otherwise Ray has no ability to win.

So either Ray scum ranges and ignores durability or is utterly stompped, not much middle ground?

The real cal howard said:
If that counts then I'd expect Ray to land that before Bats lands any blows back, given Ray won't let Bats get close due to never coming close to the ground. Yeah Bats can fly and all but he's primarily a ground fighter.
Batman is a significantly more adept range fighter then you're giving him credit for, especially since he can toss homing batarangs like they're candy

I think the problem is that we currently have Batman at dozens of meters on his page...No amount of adept is making up the kilometer differance there unless that either needs updated or the starting range changed.

Yea he's only 4B with prep with no capped scale for said conditions.

This looks more and more like a stomp in Dark Knight's favor.

It's either a Stomp for Batman, or if Hyper Voice works and Ray's at any range...A oneshot via ignoring defenses for Rayquaza

So it's kinda situational, both have stomp options here depending on what we decide the final senario to be.

As is, Ray's horribly out of range for Bats, and if Hyper Voice does ignore armor in this situation, easy win. If it doesn't, nothing Ray can do, easy with for Bats.

I'm almost tempted to say incon just because it's the spesifics of the senario that decide this, not our fighters at this point.

But we took prep out, didn't we?

And that's kinda my point still. Prep, stomp. Keep Rayquaza massively out of range, stomp. Hyper Voice isn't viable, stomp. It's a carousal of stomps that only ends whenever the scenario favors one or the other.

They're jut trading one-shots and whatever we end up deciding just decides who does it first...

MrLuk2000 said:
Prep time has been removed
I had meant this conversation where it was a back and forth.

If it's still one week, Batman then utterly stomps easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back